• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shiftry / Raichu / Miltank

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Hey I'm here with mybdeck to get improvements on it and I have been using this deck since it first came out and started with the milotic variant,but as time came on milotic was replaced for miltank since it was a good attacker early on and didn't gove a prize card for using its ability which would hinder me now since more cards and faster play are now. As of late,miltank hasn't been doing it for me to keep him and in the late game I couldn't do much damage with shiftry or raichu to get wins so what would be a good replacement for miltank to help in the late game.

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Seedot FLF
  • 2 Nuzleaf FLF
  • 4 Shiftry FLF
  • 2 Pikachu XY
  • 2 Raichu XY
  • 2 Miltank FLF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Judge
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 1 Surprise Megaphone
  • 2 Target Whistle
  • 2 Sky Field
  • 2 Giant Plant Forest
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Pal Pad
Energy: 12
  • 8 Grass Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

The way this deck works is to get a giant plant forest out early to get shiftry out as fast ad possible. When he is out I can use his leaf draw ability to discard a grass energy to draw 3 cards. When done with GPF I can use sky field to make a bigger bench for deranged dance for hitting 20x the amount of pokemon on both sides. Raichu is here for anyone weak to electric. Atm when I made this deck it was good for yveltal who was running rampant and now good for shaymin and anyone else weak to electric and works well in this deck for working woth sky field can do massive damage with circle circuit for my side of the bench. The trainer cards are pretty much explanatory,but the target whistles I'm using. They are mainly for Night March in to put back mons on the bench to power up my attacks and lower the opponents.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
With the release of revitalizer. This deck has an opportunity to heavily change its build.
1 or 2 would be really solid for this deck.

Shaymin has a good chance to be useful here early game. And provide 2 bench pokemon.

Battle compressor should also be worked in. 2 or 3 to get the grass pokemon and supporters into the discard.

Sycamore is great now with revitalizer. Let's you discard a few pokemon and get them right back. Reducing the need for ultra ball to get pokemon.

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
With the release of revitalizer. This deck has an opportunity to heavily change its build.
1 or 2 would be really solid for this deck.

Shaymin has a good chance to be useful here early game. And provide 2 bench pokemon.

Battle compressor should also be worked in. 2 or 3 to get the grass pokemon and supporters into the discard.

Sycamore is great now with revitalizer. Let's you discard a few pokemon and get them right back. Reducing the need for ultra ball to get pokemon.

Revitalizer will be good with this deck and now will have a means to use sycamore in this deck. Never could fit battle compressor in this deck since it was haed pressed. Shaymins were thrown at me,but really didn't need them since I had good enough ways to draw cards,but mufht put it in this time. Any recommendations on what I should take out to put these changes in?

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
So take out
4 rare candy
2 judges
2 level ball
1 pal pad
3 shauna
1 Skyla
1 stadium (might not even need sky field)

Things to add.
2 Vs Seeker
2 nuzleaf
3 Sycamore
2 shaymin
2 revitalizer
2 Ultra Ball
1 battle compressor

May need more space idk. I didn't really add it up.

Either way shiftry is hard to work. It doesn't have any sort of energy acceleration and tends to deck out. You may want to reconsider the pokemon choices and overall flow of the deck.

M Sceptile/shiftry has been a deck I've been tossing around. Start with sceptile and accelerate 1 energy to 2 shiftry and then dig for dce to attack with.

Idk something to think about.

WastedSkyPirate

Just food for thought but Milotic (FLF) could be a viable option for energy acceleration. It has good synergy with Battle Compressor, which you'd already be using for Revitaliser, and would be a good way to recycle the energy you're discarding with Leaf Draw. Ace Trainer would be ideal for taking advantage of the prize you'd give up in the process.

If you do decide to go down the Milotic route, here is my suggested list.

Pokemon (18)

4-3-3 Shiftry
2-2 Milotic
2 Shaymin-EX
2 Miltank

Trainers (31)

3 Professor Sycamore
2 Lysandre
1 Ace Trainer
1 Hex Maniac
1 Skyla

4 VS Seeker