• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shiftank (Shiftry / Miltank)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: (15)
  • 4 Miltank (FLF 83)
  • 4 Seedot
  • 3 Nuzleaf
  • 3 Shiftry (FLF 7)
  • 1 Dedenne (Furious Fists)
Trainer/Supporter/Stadium: (34)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Professor Letter
  • 1 Target Whistle
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: (11)
  • 7 Grass Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

Pretty simple I think.. Shiftry is a good bench warmer and powerful secondary attacker while Miltank can hit hard and fast for low energy. The deck can get rolling quickly with leaf draw and forest of giant plants. Shaymin EX being in the format has helped me win a lot of matches too, filling up opponents bench and also being a big Lysandre/target whistle victim.

Sadly I dont have any Shaymin EX which is why Im running the heaviest supporter line ever.. I think Id like to swap out a couple of Shaunas for Shaymin EX if I could! I might try and get my hands on some but its on ptcgo... but for now having all that draw support has made the deck really consistent for me. I dont find myself using leaf draw every single turn since its often just not necessary to do so and the deck isnt exactly slow, but it has helped me burn through and find a muscle band/ whatever in desperate times which is nice. Im finding myself using Shiftry as a big attacker rather than just using its ability, since it can hit a lot harder than Miltank and get ohkos- a draw ability is a nice bonus.
I put Dedenne into a lot of decks since its just a good basic pokemon to lead with and also lightning weakness is relevant in tcg, against things like lugia EX or Mega Ray. It also means I have 5 pokemon (dedenne + seedots) that I can lead with that let me put extra mons on the bench turn 1.

But yea, let me know what I can improve/what you think! The matches I played online all went really well. Although they were against a variety of decks, some very non competitive.