News Shaymin EX not rotating out?

Frosstoise

Pokemon Connoisseur
We don't really know what kind of releases (if any) these Best of XY cards will get in North America, so there's no good answer as yet. I'm putting my money on Shaymin not getting a reprint though; Tapu Lele seems like a new format followup.

Leric

Aspiring Trainer
As is precedence from years prior, we will likely not be getting these cards reprinted in the West, that's just how it works year in and year out. Why so many people forget this blows my mind.

Anything is certainly possible, but the contents of "Best of XY" aren't even really a talking point since these releases happen yearly in Japan and we never see them. Toad was reprinted around this time last year and we all know what happened there.

As a matter of fact, I dug out a quick link that essentially proves my point: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Premium_Champion_Pack_(TCG). Almost a year to the day of "Best of XY"s release too, to top it all off.

baboon159

Aspiring Trainer
I do wish that however instead of the best of's that the West would get better starter decks similar to the ones released in Japan.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Company wants to keep formats in Japan and U.S. pretty similar, and you know how much they can´t stand to not print dozens of promo boxes every year to get Japanese promos into English. Perfect examples are the Mega Powers Collection, Decidueye GX, Incineroar GX, Primarina GX, Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo boxes- all just cash grabs. I wouldn´t be too surprised if the Shaymin was printed in a box- but it would be really expensive to compensate and keep the price of the card up. Maybe they will print the Best of XY in English in a format similar to Double Crisis.