Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
GG End and Remix Bout were pretty light on "neglected" Pokemon too. The main expansions are twice is big, so put your hopes for Oshawott into Alter Genesis if anything.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Really like life drain. Can't think of any immediate combinations for Will, but at least seems interesting for a closed event like a prerelease.

It'd be so much easier if they'd just add Ice, ground, rock, bug, flying, poison and ghost types...

I tend to agree. One of the most annoying parts of the game is that fighting hits so many weaknesses because ground is pidgeon holed in with fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Xatu - without Will, the main attack sucks because we don't have Victini. 3 Geodudes
  • Will - This could make good combos in some decks. Shame that we don't have Pokemon Catcher anymore because that would be a good gusting option than Great Catcher. 4 Geodudes

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Xatu honestly isn't so bad against decks that don't take advantage of Max Potion shenanigans. Especially combined with cards that let you take extra prize cards (I'm blanking on most of them right now other than that old Umbreon EX, Guzzlord GX, Sableye+Ttar TTGX), your opponent must either Retreat to another attacker or stay in and let the opponent nab an extra prize.

Flippy though... so Will or Fliptini or Trick Coin would be needed.

Last edited:

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Really like life drain. Can't think of any immediate combinations for Will, but at least seems interesting for a closed event like a prerelease.

How about Will and Xatu. You will most certainly be knocked out next turn but the fact that a 1 prize card Pokemon can reduce any Pokemon to 10 HP can be useful, such as using Xatu on a Tag Team Pokemon and then using a card or cards to increase the number of prize cards taken.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Might only be a meme at best but in expanded, with hypnotoxic lazer, ariados, fliptini and DVally you could easily kill anything for 1 (P)

This is awesome haha. And Trick Coin too because you won't need a Float Stone or anything to retreat the Xatu!

Getting 1 heads out of 3 flips is a solid 87.5% chance for a KO. Nice.

Edit: Never mind, Trick Coin and Fliptini don't stack. Rats :(. 75% chance of success isn't terrible...

Last edited:

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
How about Will and Xatu. You will most certainly be knocked out next turn but the fact that a 1 prize card Pokemon can reduce any Pokemon to 10 HP can be useful, such as using Xatu on a Tag Team Pokemon and then using a card or cards to increase the number of prize cards taken.
Oh yeah, that's why I really like life drain. I think it also has a lot of potential for cleaning up games with great catcher as you drain a pokemon tag team to ten great catcher some other gx and then ping the drained pokemon with giratina.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Xatu is pretty much a reprint of doublade. Doublade was a niche rogue deck. Xatu is in a format where tag team rule and will exists. Xatu should be better but not by a lot considering Will is your supporter for turn.

Will seems fine. Coin flip decks will be more and less consistent. It's somewhat unplayable without Surge. It's a supporter that boosts an attack. Think of it like Bonnie. A lot of Zygarde decks didn't play it because it used up their supporter for turn. I know Bonnie was only for a somewhat situational attack compared to Will who would usually boost a main attack but still I don't expect Will to be that great. At least this will create a lot of meme decks. I wouldn't mind using three strikes Slowbro at a challenge. Lol

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Xatu + Will + Giratina?

Kind of clunky but if you Xatu someone's active then gust like a Dedenne GX to the active, you can bench Giratina from discard to finish them off, and then get a KO on Dedenne GX for a ton of prizes, assuming Xatu's target was a Tag Team GX.

Great Catcher will be out with these cards so it's not like this is particularly hard to pull off.

EDIT: Would Will apply to Whimsicott GX's ability too? Will doesn't specify that the coin flip must happen immediately after playing the card, nor does it say it must be on your turn. It just says the first time after playing the card, and only for you.

Furthermore, since it says "The first time," that means if I play will on T1 and my opponent doesn't attack a Whimsicott until Turn 4, can I activate Will at that time? It would be the first time a coin flip scenario comes into play since playing the card, so I assume you can just "bank" a Will and hold onto it.

Last edited:

Ev1l

Aspiring Trainer
So if I play will in my blissey deck, I can make blissey do 80 damage per each energy in her guaranteed or I get only one guaranteed head?

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
So if I play will in my blissey deck, I can make blissey do 80 damage per each energy in her guaranteed or I get only one guaranteed head?

Pretty sure only one guaranteed heads.

"After playing this card, the first time you flip a coin for the effect of a Trainer card, an Ability or an attack during this turn, you may choose to make the result heads or tails."

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Xatu has potential in expanded with Lasers, but that's also going to require it to clash with BCR Raticate.

Raticate has to rely on Triple Boost Energy or whatever it's called, and it can use Special Charge if need be, while Xatu has to rely on a Supporter for guaranteed KOs, though with that you can benefit from Compressor/VS Seeker/Lele (or even Jirachi EX lol). I'm currently liking Raticate more but I could be proven wrong. I love cards with attacks like these and I'm interested to see if people make it work somehow, even though it won't become meta defining.

(Also sidenote, is BCR Rat really that expensive right now?? I didnt think people would hype the combination so much.. Glad I have more than enough from all of that set I opened back in the day)

Last edited:

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Will is a pretty cool supporter. I think the best application is with super scoop up as stated above. Acerola is going to be sorely missed, and this miiiiight help.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Okay so this set gives us WILL but this entire LGPE block has continued to pay Lorelei dust. The one time I specifically want some Gen 1 pandering and they fail me? smh