Strategy Seventh Generation Banlist

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Smogon is currently suspect testing Dugtrio!

Dugtrio's ability to trap Pokemon makes it a valuable Pokemon on every team style, and it effectively has no counters as a result. This makes it especially useful on stall teams as it can remove any problematic Pokemon for the defensive teams. It is also a powerful revenge killer for every teamstyle and it can be argued that a team really has no reason not to run it due to how powerful trapping can be.

If Smogon bans Dugtrio, we will follow suit and add it to our ban list.

What are your thoughts on Dugtrio? Do you think it's banworthy?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Finally. I thought I was the only one thinking this thing should be banned. :p
But I am anti trapping Pokémon in general.

Seth Vilo

Perspiring Trainer
Wow that took me off guard. Never did I think I'd see that day that Dugtrio was being considered a possible Uber. o.0

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Dugtrio has been such a interesting mon this gen and late ORAS. as theres no 100% easy opinion to form about it buit its definetly banworthy

Back in ORAS it only countered Heatran and some other ground weak mons, but it was held back by its pretty mediocre atk. so it was left alone and not banned

Enter S/M and dugtrio got Ike levels of buffs, I never knew 20+ atk could affect a mon this much. As it now beats a lot more metagame threats and single handedly created its own archetype of stall and pushed stall right back into the drivers seat of playstyles.

Dugtrio's survival in OU depends entirely if A: Dugtrio stall isn't ''centralizing'' enough or B: if people really want trapping gone once and for all

To be honest this suspect can go either way with pro ban having a slight edge. I don't mind either way. as its not unbeateble either. Just really annoying if played well

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Aaand.. Dugtrio remains in OU. I guess most people just find it annoying and nothing more?
Also, surprisingly I don't see many teams using Dugtrio lately.

TheRealBro..

Aaand.. Dugtrio remains in OU. I guess most people just find it annoying and nothing more?
Also, surprisingly I don't see many teams using Dugtrio lately.

To be honest, I really don't think it's that dangerous against a prepared team. With focus sash it lacks offense, and with a choice band it get's Ko'd by anything. For example, I run a defensive Entei with toxic/protect/sub/sacred fire. Dugtrio can't switch in because it gets obliterated by sacred fire and this goes for most neutral attacks.

It's really only dangerous if it traps outright or against grounded electric types/poison types (switching in on a thunderbolt/volt switch) but they are pretty rare and M Gengar outspeeds. Only Magenzone and Koko are common but Koko outspeeds and LO dazzling gleams hurts, while Magnezone OHKO's with specs Flash Cannon.

It can be really good but the occasions are to rare in my opinion when up against a well build team because of the lack of any bulk/real offense.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Will also be adding Baton Pass to the list.

Also announcing that the Hoenn starters' mega stones are now out.

AND, Gardevoirite, Galladite and Lopunnite are coming soon!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
What does Marshadow even do?
Marshadow has excellent Attack and Speed, as well as a neat signature move in Spectral Thief, which steals opposing stat boosts before doing damage. Spectral Thief was commonly paired with Swagger in order to increase the target's Attack and confuse it. Marshadow can then use Spectral Thief to steal the Attack boost and hit hard. Swagger had to be done on a predicted switch, though, because of the confusion nerf. Marshadow also has a signature Z-move in Soul-Stealing 7 Star Strike in order to hit walls really hard. It also has unresisted coverage in its STABs.

For more info, see this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/marshadow-is-now-banned-from-ou.3608448/

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I didn't even bother thinking about how to use this thing in OU. The typing, the moves and those stats.. are just way too much.