Writing Seven Days of Terror

RE: Seven Days of Terror (now with an epilogue)

haha Brock Slate.

Anyways, a couple of questions:
1. Who was the third friend in the boat?
2. I thought... Ash knew that Giovanni was his father. But then you gave Giovanni a different last name, and Ash asked him who his father was. And then from Giovanni's perspective, you said his son. That part is still thoroughly confusing me.

1. Weavile. Context clues, man. Context clues.

2. After consultation with my expert consultant, I decided to go a different route. If you look towards the end of chapter 13, you will notice his last name is changed there, too.

I (we) think it is better this way. Just pretend that what you saw in the old chapter 13 didn't happen. :>

I'm sad this is over, but it was a great story. Thanks.... for..... writing it, I guess :)

I was worried about how suddenly the last chapter seemed to end, but the epilogue tied the remaining plot elements and such together very nicely.

Very good read. I can't wait to read your next one which you are totally doing or else I'll kill you.

:)

IT WAS GOOD.

You've already been torn at by Crystal (and would've been by Zy if he read this) for the sudden OMG LANCE APPEARED DUN DUN DUNNNNN, so w/e. I do think it was "right" in the sense of "helicopter blows up OMGWTFPANIC" that the locals would've done, but man you could've made it a little more subtle!

Also, Brock Slate. Really? *facepalm*

It was definitely nice to see how one could take canon characters and really make them their own, though. Very unique for this forum at least ^_^. Whether it truly ended how any of us expected is a matter in of itself, but really, I think it's justice done that it's over :p

Here's to 50k...

This whole story was epic. Good job PMJ.

/me facepalms

Did you remember Ash proposing to May? Or Brock deciding to challenge the Elite Four?

It is to be assumed that Weavile learned how to speak fluently (a la Meowth) during the three-year time skip between chapter 13 and the epilogue. He communicated with Ash and May during the main story; I even explained what "Weavile fen" meant, just for anyone who didn't quite get it (recap: Weavile friend). It's not a large stretch to assume that Ash and May simply taught him how to speak, or perhaps Weavile learned it on his own like Meowth did.

PMJ said:
* PMJ facepalms

Did you remember Ash proposing to May? Or Brock deciding to challenge the Elite Four?

It is to be assumed that Weavile learned how to speak fluently (a la Meowth) during the three-year time skip between chapter 13 and the epilogue. (And before you say anything, it is the same for Ash + May and Brock too).

Huh. :S I guess there just weren't enough context clues for me.

Wow what an old edit you should see what I rewrote

PMJ said:
Wow what an old edit you should see what I rewrote

Sorry, my memory skips a few details with the non-recent chapters. I completely forgot about Weavile Fen.

Awesome epilogue, PMJ. Now I can stop having nightmares over the possibility of not living to read the end! ;D This has definitely been an amazing read. (Now if only I could have it in a book to read on the go...)

Anyway, looking forward to anything you do in the future. :3

Wow.

That's really all there is to say after finally finishing reading this up. I'm just so proud to see it finally completed. I only have a few minor gripes but most of them I won't mention since you said to not complain (the last names lol) and one minor plot hole that didn't quite get patched up (that I told you about in the Chat), but other than that, this is done. (Also, what does the 50k mean? Views or wordcount or what? lol)

dmaster out.

I think that this story was incredibly well put together. Here are some of the main reasons why it was so good:
~Perspective (a lot of "bad" stories make this look good)
~Humor (in chapter 3? "the buzzing device" I lmfao'd when I read that)
~Details, Details, Details!
~Well put-together series of events <---could use a little work, but by far a whole lot better than the other stories
~Ties into the series well
~Has death <--- Some people disagree, but in a story like this, I prefer that it not be "no-one died, and they all lived happily every after!"

PMJ said:
As Biggoron once said, "Woooooowwww!!!!"

I can't believe it. I haven't spammed my fic link at anyone in a long time, and I log in to find my story brought back from the dead by some unknown who I later find has 1 post, and what a post! Man....never in a million years would I have guessed anyone would sign up solely to try to get me back into hearting this story.

...In short, yes, it worked, although not so much from guilt trip as it was a little self-realization after reading your post, lol....

I hope you'll stick around our forums longer than it takes me to finish this story; you sound like you could offer opinions on other stories here.

Omigod, it worked...I inspired someone...I actually helped somebody with my unsolicited advice...(has hardly ever happened before, at least so spectacularly). Guilt was never my intention, really, I just added that to be funny (trying to guilt-trip a writer is usually counterproductive anyway. Muses are temperamental creatures).

Yes, it's me, the unknown dude...well, dudette, technically. ;) I haven't had a chance to check for a while, and I actually wasn't sure if I'd gone ahead and posted that message or just saved it to finish later (procrastination, thy name is me)...so I drop in and not only do I find that I posted it, but you saw it almost right away, it actually helped, and you've already finished everything and it's waiting right here for me to read it. And it's some fine slam-bang action, to boot. And you even let Brock live, and gave him and Tracey and everyone who survived a happy ending. This makes me very happy.

What makes me truly, insanely happy, however, is that you actually did regain your affection for your story. I love that you give me credit for that, but I wouldn't have been able to help if you hadn't already had such a good grasp on why you lost interest, and said so in so many words . It reminded me of a writing book I have where the author told how his editor rejected a mystery novel of his because "when the main character left town, you lost all your local color." The author wrote back and said "Okay, how bout I fix it so he never leaves town?" D'oh! I've always remembered that and tried to keep it in mind when my own stories wander off track.

Really,then, I think you have that author (Jack Bickham, Scene and Structure) to thank more than me, as well as your own perceptiveness about how you felt about your story. That's a very good trait to have - to be able to look objectively at how you feel about what you're creating and diagnose what your difficulties may be. That ability will serve you well in your future, and that's part of what I meant when I said you had "good writing instincts."

...and I've run out of time to respond more elaborately about the actual story, now. Blerg. Ah, well, I'll return again, hopefully sooner than before. And no doubt I'll explore the rest of the forums, too, when I have a little more time...

Stay creative, and good luck with your no doubt numerous future endeavors...

ShinyAeon

Oh hey, it's you! Welcome back. :]

I have never heard of Jack Bickham, so the credit's all yours there, sir m'lady :>

I have a second story planned but they're just plans right now. I hope that if I ever get around to posting it, you will come back and post your opinion.

Well i feel late but i honestly just read this in one go because i read the first chapter and couldnt help but keep reading and before i knew it i finished it XD but amazing story and i love the ending!
but really im mostly happy that i read it now that its all done XP

ps. Weaville pwns.

Back