• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Serperior is Superior

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
~Pokemon~ (18)
-------------------

4 Snivy xy10
4 Servine xy10
4 Serperior xy10
2 Spinarak xy10
2 Ariados xy10
2 Shaymin EX xy06

~Trainers~ (35)
-----------------
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 AZ
1 Pokemon Ranger

4 Trainers Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Level Ball
1 Crushing Hammer
1 Revitalizer
3 Muscle Band
4 Forest of Giant Plants

~Energy~ (7)
--------------------
7 Grass

I have been testing this deck on PTCGO. I have won 24 out of 25 games, losing to water box. It seems to do really well against Greninja BREAK and carbink/zygarde. I't did okay against night march, but I haven't had a chance to test it against trevenent BREAK

Excellent PTCGO record thus far. Congrats.

What are your planned deck changes post-rotation (AZ and Super Scoop Up rotate out, I believe)? Perhaps Ninja Boy, more Crushing Hammers, Teammates, and/or Super Rod?

Any thoughts on how you might deal with Volcanion decks once Steam Siege cards are legal?

Excellent PTCGO record thus far. Congrats.

What are your planned deck changes post-rotation (AZ and Super Scoop Up rotate out, I believe)? Perhaps Ninja Boy, more Crushing Hammers, Teammates, and/or Super Rod?

Any thoughts on how you might deal with Volcanion decks once Steam Siege cards are legal?

I have been looking into what to put in after rotaion. Probably one Ninja boy, and at least 2 more crushing hammer. Since I have revitalizer, I'm not sure I will need super rod, but it's something to consider. And no, I haven't thought about volcanion yet, I will have to look into that.

Honestly, I think this deck is dead after the rotation. Constant paralysis from Servine is required for this deck to function. Without Super Scoop Up, I don't see it working.

As someone who has been testing this post rotation. Burst ballon is fantastic. It can provide the stall you may need, or the extra damage to take down those nasty EX pokemon.

Also this deck is really budget friendly when not using shaymin-ex so thats pretty awesome.

Also, the new Yanmega might be useful to fill some slots; plus it also provides Weakness diversity too.

Honestly, I think this deck is dead after the rotation. Constant paralysis from Servine is required for this deck to function. Without Super Scoop Up, I don't see it working.

Agreed, the deck is completely deck. The lost of SSU, AZ and Muscle Band mean its entire strategy no longer works.

*EDITED FOR 2017 ROTATION*

~Pokemon~ (20)
-------------------

4 Snivy xy10
4 Servine xy10
4 Serperior xy10
2 Spinarak xy10
2 Ariados xy10
2 Talonflame xy11
2 Shaymin EX xy06

~Trainers~ (33)
-----------------
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger

4 Trainers Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
2 Level Ball
2 Crushing Hammer
1 Revitalizer
3 Bursting balloon
4 Forest of Giant Plants

~Energy~ (7)
--------------------
7 Grass

How is talonflame working out? Any good?

Also i think Burst ballon should be maxed. Its just too vital of a card.

How is talonflame working out? Any good?

Also i think Burst ballon should be maxed. Its just too vital of a card.

Talonflame is working out pretty well. What do you think I should take out for the other bursting balloon? Maybe sycamore because I can usually get to it pretty easy with 3

I question your omission of Devolution Spray. I play Serperior all the time and when coin flips don't like me, I always have something I know will get me another chance. My deck centers around hitting heads. I play 4 SSU, 2 Devolution Spray, and an AZ for backup. I also question your Revitalizer count. You should play 2, no question about it. Say you are probably going to lose, but you have a Servine, a Devo Spray, an energy, and a Forest of Giant Plants in hand. You draw for turn and it's a Revitalizer. You play Forest and Revitalizer, grabbing a Snivy and Serperior. You evolve, miss heads, try again with Devo Spray, and hit it. You retreat into Serperior and just like that the game is back in your favor.
Edit 1: Why are you using Pokemon Ranger in your 2017 deck? It resets your coil and only Giratina will be a threat. IMHO it isn't worth resetting your damage output just so you can stop an effect you probably will be able to deal with anyway. Play Hex Maniac instead.
Edit 2: Thought this might be helpful- here is my current build for the current format. (Yes I know stuff is rotating, you don't have to tell me)

Pokemon-18
4 Snivy FCO
4 Servine FCO
4 Serperior FCO
2 Spinarak AOR
2 Ariados AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainers-35
4 Professor Sycamore PHF
3 N FCO
2 Lysandre AOR
1 Xerosic PHF
1 Hex Maniac AOR
1 AZ PHF
3 Ultra Ball FCO
1 Repeat Ball PRC (really helps with setup)
4 VS Seeker PHF
3 Muscle Band XY
2 Revitalizer GEN
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR
2 Devolution Spray FCO
4 Super Scoop Up FFI

Energy-7
7 Grass Energy GEN

Last edited:
I question your omission of Devolution Spray. I play Serperior all the time and when coin flips don't like me, I always have something I know will get me another chance. My deck centers around hitting heads. I play 4 SSU, 2 Devolution Spray, and an AZ for backup. I also question your Revitalizer count. You should play 2, no question about it. Say you are probably going to lose, but you have a Servine, a Devo Spray, an energy, and a Forest of Giant Plants in hand. You draw for turn and it's a Revitalizer. You play Forest and Revitalizer, grabbing a Snivy and Serperior. You evolve, miss heads, try again with Devo Spray, and hit it. You retreat into Serperior and just like that the game is back in your favor.
Edit 1: Why are you using Pokemon Ranger in your 2017 deck? It resets your coil and only Giratina will be a threat. IMHO it isn't worth resetting your damage output just so you can stop an effect you probably will be able to deal with anyway. Play Hex Maniac instead.
Edit 2: Thought this might be helpful- here is my current build for the current format. (Yes I know stuff is rotating, you don't have to tell me)

Pokemon-18
4 Snivy FCO
4 Servine FCO
4 Serperior FCO
2 Spinarak AOR
2 Ariados AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainers-35
4 Professor Sycamore PHF
3 N FCO
2 Lysandre AOR
1 Xerosic PHF
1 Hex Maniac AOR
1 AZ PHF
3 Ultra Ball FCO
1 Repeat Ball PRC (really helps with setup)
4 VS Seeker PHF
3 Muscle Band XY
2 Revitalizer GEN
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR
2 Devolution Spray FCO
4 Super Scoop Up FFI

Energy-7
7 Grass Energy GEN

Thanks for the help!

No problem. Hope my suggestions really beef up your deck! Forgot to mention-I don't play Trainers' Mail because I find that a lot of times my draw power is more than sufficient (sometimes too much haha)

I usually like having trainers mail, but I will try this deck in all different ways to see which I like best :)

I usually like having trainers mail, but I will try this deck in all different ways to see which I like best :)
Just thought of something-if you aren't going to play Ranger (which you shouldn't in this deck for a reason I mentioned earlier), you could play a 2-2 Galvantula line for the Greninja matchup. Their bench will die.
Edit: The best part is you can discard the Galvantula early as Ultra Ball fodder and then with Forest pull it out with Revitalizer, setting up a bench destroyer with blinding speed.

Try sceptile ex since it's second attack synergizes well with ariados and it only requires two energy. It also lets you have a backup attacker for when they have something that stops evolution pokemon, like glaceon ex.

Try sceptile ex since it's second attack synergizes well with ariados and it only requires two energy. It also lets you have a backup attacker for when they have something that stops evolution pokemon, like glaceon ex.
The idea of Serperior is to be a 1 energy wonder. Bear in mind that either way, you are forced to 2-shot Glaceon, and Sceptile gives up 2 prizes, not 1. You can also simply Lysandre or Paralyze the Glaceon to break the lock. Trust me, you can beat Glaceon without Sceptile. I have beaten Glaceon/Jolteon/Vileplume with Serperior. It can be done.

~EDIT~

~~Pokemon(20)~~
4 Snivy FCO
4 servine FCO
4 serperior FCO
2 joltik STS
2 galvantula STS
1 spinarak AOR
1 ariados AOR
2 shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(33)~~
3 professor sycamore
2 N
1 lysandre
1 hex maniac
4 VS seeker
4 ultra ball
2 revitalizer
4 devolution spray
2 level ball
1 escape rope
1 eco arm
4 bursting balloon
4 forest of giant plants

~~Energy(7)~~
7 grass

Last edited:
~EDIT~

~~Pokemon(23)~~
4 Snivy FCO
4 servine FCO
4 serperior FCO
2 joltik STS
2 galvantula STS
1 spinarak AOR
1 ariados AOR
3 talonflame STS
2 shaymin EX ROS

~~Trainers(31)~~
3 professor sycamore
2 N
1 lysandre
1 hex maniac
4 VS seeker
4 ultra ball
2 revitalizer
4 devolution spray
2 level ball
4 bursting balloon
4 forest of giant plants

~~Energy(6)~~
6 grass
too few energy, too many Pokemon. Talonflame just clogs this up, badly.

too few energy, too many Pokemon. Talonflame just clogs this up, badly.

I agree about the energy, will probably take out one talonflame for it. I disagree about the talonflame thought, it's working well for me

Back