Serebii

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxashxx said:
I suggest that you block him from your e mail iif you can and have his forums shut down and only the site up so he can't post about you in the forums. That is what I suggest because he does have good info but his forums stink so just have his forums shut down and block him from your e mail.:)

jayh272416 said:
I think that serebii should stop being so proud, hey, who likes serebii?

Hey, guys. This brings negative attention. Besides, I think that's a little harsh - don't stoop down to his level.

Jump-Adict said:
Ok, lets see him take down his thread on his forum, and the webmaster here can do the same. Both agree to no longer slander the other, and we can be co-exist peacefully. Serebii, I see your trying, but maybe you should call your own truce and take down the hate thread on your own site, because, really all it is doing is starting more fights and causing more bad blood.

You do realize that this thread came first, right?

Serebii, you have offered your "olive branch" three times in the past, and have broken your agreement to stop talking about my site three times. You are a liar about your peace treaties. This thread was made to EMBARASS you into keeping your mouth closed about my site and your CONSTANT, CUMPULSIVE lying. And stop acting like I am at fault here - YOU made the posts and YOU continue to BASH my site and me. I have NEVER posted anything negative about you and your site since like our first agreement, so don't even try to say "This is both sides' fault" or that you have come to "Sort it out" when YOU need to change. I dare you to find one statement I made in public on a forum that is negative about your website since our first agreement (which you broke, btw - you broke the second, and third too). Your search for a negative comment from me on a forum will be fruitless. I am banning you because it is obvious you will never change. Besides, this is what, your fourth ban here? Stop evading, as you always tell me. Perhaps posting more of your chat logs will cause you to change your behavior, because it is obvious that common rational doesn't translate to you - you even post nearly the same lines as our first few agreements - you don't change and previous methods will not work. Well, I am not falling for it for a FOURTH time. It's obvious I need to be more aggressive about you and post YOUR words - they aren't even anything I have said, they are all your words, totally unprovoked by me. And they are taken out of context? Those are your WHOLE posts. Stop making excuses for what you have done.

You acknowledge that your comments towards my website are bad. If you post another negative comment again on any forum in the future, it will be obvious to everyone that you are nothing but a liar in your empty peace treaties. And believe me, if you do, I will post it here - perhaps even on the main page. Nothing else will stop you, as shown by your past, and myself and other webmasters are tired of you constantly bashing our sites. I am going to be aggressive about this, even if I have to look childish to others. You have put too many people through stress and tarnished so many reputations that it is time for someone to act against you.

EDIT: BTW people, if you feel what I am doing is wrong, feel free to criticize me. I won't ban you or anything - I'd rather explain myself in this case to make you understand how evil Serebii is rather than shut you up like him. :p

And for those of you who have posted on certain other forums about this situation:

1. This is NOT about Serebii.net. This is NOT about jealousy of Serebii.net or about wishing my site was larger or whatever. We do not even cover the same topics. Serebii is a good website, everyone knows it - I love his website and visit everyday. I am not trying to be bigger. Again, this is NOT about his website. This is about his bashing.

2. I am not joining BMG to go into a war. I am not doing anything stupid like that. This thread is to SHOW people how Joe constantly bashes me and my website, without me doing ANYTHING to provoke it, and how I want it to stop.

3. All of the words are his own words. It's not my fault he used them. Again, it was unprovoked. Stop always believing the people you look up to are flawless and can do no wrong. It is quite ignorant to believe so and defend someone when they have done something clearly wrong.

4. I don't understand why people are mad at me for posting things he has posted out in public anyways. If someone were to publicly post untrue, false, and mean comments about you or something you work on for hours (a website), wouldn't you want that person to stop? Is it fair that someone gets to say untrue things about you and constantly get away with it, especially when they have said four times that they will stop?

If I were to do the same thing Serebii does to me towards any other website, I would hope that my own members would realize that I am doing something wrong. I don't like people who suck up or try to pretend everything is okay when it is not. You will never get anywhere in the real world if you do not defend your beliefs or speak up against wrongs. Well, maybe you can, but it doesn't make you any better of a person.

Also, for your SPP members reading this, I encourage you to post in this thread. I want to explain why I am doing this if you have any questions or feel I am being evil. The only reason I banned Joe is because this is his fourth time evading, and because he says the same arguments as he always says. I will try to be reasonable in this and not try to pretend I have done nothing wrong like Joe apparently thinks (see his thread). All I want is for Serebii to stop constantly bashing me for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. Wouldn't anyone else feel the same way?

Evil?
Maybe that's a bit strong.

I've seen both sides, and it appears he is criticizing you for taking words out of context. Could you object to this?

I am not taking words out of context - he is using that as an excuse to disillusion people from seeing that he has done wrong. Those posts are exactly what he said.

You can see some of his posts by...

Going here: http://serebiiforums.com/search.php

Keyword: pokebeach*
User Name: Serebii
Show Results as: Posts

Those are only the posts from his forum.

I don't see many, but I see one of the posts you mentioned on the first post.

But why just reject peace offerings? Why ban HIM? That's just my naivety.

Hmm, seems to be some misunderstandings/overlooked facts in this situation (referring to PMs).

People seem to be mad that I have started this thread, saying it is the source of all of the trouble going on. Yet, people fail to realize that *if* Serebii would not say such comments, no thread would exist, and thus no arguments and we could all be doing our own thing right now. I have to result to posting this thread because I have made a deal with Serebii three times in the past to stop his bashings, and he has broken the agreement. Please take note that I have never provoked him on any forum, and that all of the trouble comes soley from his posts and aggrestion towards my website and me - never from me. I am not the one who needs to change - Serebii needs to learn that he cannot continue to bash me, as well as others, can get away with it. What am I to do, just stand to the side and let him keep lying? As a result of many of his posts, I have had people call my site unreliable, saying that I lie, thus spreading this rumor to new visitors and causing them to think everything I post is a lie. Believe me, if his words had no affects on anyone, I wouldn't care. But they do, and I am tired of it, and I want it to stop.

alakazam said:
I don't see many, but I see one of the posts you mentioned on the first post.

But why just reject peace offerings? Why ban HIM? That's just my naivety.

Again, we have made THREE agreements in the past to stop bashing each other. Keep in mind, I stopped bashing him after the first - he has continued until now, and we have gone through this many times. He has said each time he will stop, then he breaks the agreement in a few weeks. It's just the same repetitive cycle. My mentality is that if I post what he says now, where people can see how he constantly bashes me and my site, he will be pressured by the public into not doing it anymore. Again, I dare you to find a negative post I have made towards his site.

As I said before, I am not causing any trouble on any forums like he is. I am not provoking him on any forum. I do not need to change - he does.

Thank you for your questions, too. :) It helps me get out a lot of my stress and anger towards him, and hopefully, it shows people that he should not be doing this anymore. I am trying to be as rational as possible - I want this to stop. I want people to stop believing that he is the victim (as they apparently believe as I read through his SPP thread). Most people do not understand the situation and jump on to the party's side they are most common with. I think this is kind of a life lesson - everyone should try to understand both parties before jumping to conclusions. It made me laugh when I just received a PM from a member of SPP, trying to be reasonable, yet accusing me of wrongs in the process while never acknowledging the posts and words Serebii used in this thread's first post. Again, what is the source of all of this? It's Serebii's posts. Not this thread. This thread is MY reaction to his posts. His thread is his reaction to me exposing him. People seem to miss that first step.

Doesn't anyone honestly think he shouldn't be saying those things? Or am I alone in thinking that it is wrong to tell lies about others, to spread rumors, and to bash people?

hm.

Remember that the members of your community can speak louder than you. It is THEM who want to join with BMG and bash Serebii. It is the members of Serebii that want to go against you. The only difference in this dispute between the two is the webmasters.

Both of you are accusing each other of lying and slander. (or libel, as an SPPf member corrected) Honestly, I have seen few posts of late to provoke such a thread here, and lead to a subsequent thread over at SPPf.

So you put this thread out to prove you are not lying? Then why not lock it and let the statement stand? That's just my opinion.

EDIT: I do feel that rationality is needed here, as well as explanation, which is not being provided at SPPf, so I can see, yet. We'll have to wait on that...

PokeBeach.com members - please do not do anything stupid, like trying to form an alliance with BMG or whatever. Be reasonable. You know I do not condone such actions.

Alakazam, referring to your second paragraph, this dispute has been going on for two or three years. I will admit that in the past, I have done similar things to Serebii - I am not so innocent either. The only difference is that in the recent year, I stopped, yet Serebii continues, without me even doing anything. Those few posts are about a dozen of one hundred of things he has said bad. There are also chat logs of me just coming into a chat room, and him starting to bash me out of the blue. It's uncalled for. Again, please try to find a post on a forum where I have said something negative towards him in recent times. You will not find any.

The mentality seems to be that me posting this thread is bashing. Yet, it is the reaction to bashing. Am I not allowed to defend myself? Do I just sit while he continues to say these things?

Hm.

That seems to be the Point of View of the other side, as well. The fact of the matter is that by starting this thread, your words became apparent first. Therefore, there is a misconception that you started this, so you say. That can be misleading and can cause misunderstandings when you talk about defense.

Mis-es galore xD

I suppose that you are right in that point, yet don't people understand that I am posting this as a result of Serebii's posts? What do they think, that I am posting this for my own health? I am an IB/AP student with a large Pokemon TCG website - why would I go out of my way, with my limited amount of time, to post this and bash someone else? I am not some evil person that likes to cause trouble for no reason. My intentions are for people to pressure Serebii into stopping with his constant bashings.

I guess that when people hold someone in such high regard, it often blinds them from the truth. It's a flaw in most people.

Water Pokémon Master said:
PokeBeach.com members - please do not do anything stupid, like trying to form an alliance with BMG or whatever. Be reasonable. You know I do not condone such actions.

Alakazam, referring to your second paragraph, this dispute has been going on for two or three years. I will admit that in the past, I have done similar things to Serebii - I am not so innocent either. The only difference is that in the recent year, I stopped, yet Serebii continues, without me even doing anything. Those few posts are about a dozen of one hundred of things he has said bad. There are also chat logs of me just coming into a chat room, and him starting to bash me out of the blue. It's uncalled for. Again, please try to find a post on a forum where I have said something negative towards him in recent times. You will not find any.

The mentality seems to be that me posting this thread is bashing. Yet, it is the reaction to bashing. Am I not allowed to defend myself? Do I just sit while he continues to say these things?

HEY! First off, I'm a part of BMG! What's the deal with that?

Second, the truth is that Serebii has been know to throw an insult at people who he doesn't like even when those people don't address him. Shame indeed. When someone is bashed, that is never a good thing. Not at all.

Your persuasion is,

"Impressive, most impressive".

All I can do now is wait for explanations from the other side.

WPM, I understand where youre coming from, bieng involved in a few ongoing disputes myself *coughjadecough*. ignore him. you have people who are neutral, and people who loyal to your site that come here often. If he wants to be a spiteful little biatch, let him. it shows how insecure and jealous he is of you, and he cant hack a little competition over the net. Youre right not to retaliate..."Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics; Even if you win, you're still person." so if we wants to be a person, let him. If he posts a rumor about you, i'd reply to that lol...THEN you have a reason to defend yourself, what and what not. As for the alliance thing, if anyone creates an alliance against him or you, theyre as weak as eachother.

I'm not taking sides here. I'm not going to claim that Serebii is right, or that WPM is right. I would have a biased opinion anyways, seeing as I help mod the forums at SPPf.

I will say that all the members, on both sides, who are saying "lol let's form sides and spam.." or "I cannot believe Joe/WPM would say/do something, I hate Joe/WPM.." is pathetic. It's like trying to earn e-points from the webmasters of the site.

I want you all to see how similar the members of both websites are.

This quote is posted from a member from SPPf who will remain unamed, but I'm sure you can find who it is.

"Serebii is the only pokemon site that i could ever use. It is the most reliable and the owner of this other site is obviously jelous.But going to the stage of gathering a bunch of others to spam up serebii. This guy is insane."

This quote is from a member from this website.

"O.O Calm down people! Seriously, Serebii. Get a life. Don't bash us because you're jealous of our site for getting info first. The thief here? I think it's you."

Notice how similar these posts are, both accusing the opposing webmaster of being jealous. I'm sorry, but I find these posts both rather petty, as well as the "Let's go spam pokebeach/serebii's site.." Spamming solves nothing. It will just make the community that the spammer is sticking up for look bad, and I mentioned that in my post on SPPf, as well.

I'm again, not going to take sides, because I feel that from past experiences, when I DO take a side, there is always a piece of the story that is left out on both sides, so that is my reasoning behind not choosing to pick sides.

Also to be noted, I will be 100% honest in saying that I like Serebii's post better. Why? Because he didn't mention the site in question. Yes, it's not that hard to figure it out, since a lovely member mentioned it in the topic, but Serebii himself didn't mention it, in that topic anyways, which I found nice. I do think that person who did mention the site should have their post edited. Mentioning the offending site is just asking to have those trying to suck up to the webmaster spam the hell out of it.

And I know this is off topic, but WPM, I do like your avatar, but the only thing is, the person who made that avatar likes it when others give credit to his site, and also would prefer to not have people direct link it. If I recall, he even posted a notice on his site saying that if more people continue to direct link, and not give credit, he will shut it down. Just thought I'd say that. The only reason I'm saying anything at all is because I actually happen to know the creator. But for all I know you could have had permission from him/know him yourself, so disregard this if any of the above doesn't apply to you.

Who cares? Can we just end this war once and for all? Each site has it's flaw and it's own advantage. SPPf specializes in the actual games with an in-depth Pokedex and tons of pages about the game. Pokebeach focuses mainly on the TCG, which SPPf fails to do for some odd reason. Pokebeach has nice, clear scans and a Cardex. Pokebeach also has Sugimori Art. Something Joe doesn't give a damn about either. All in all, both sites a pretty much equal in what they are dedicated to. I can't imagine how two different sites with two different desires can cause such an uproar.

Joe mentioned slander on SPPf. If I recall, PUSA already knew about SPP beforehand, and were prepared to answer questions about SPP when WPM asked them. At least, that's how it sounded. Plus, I am 100% sure that Joe went off on WPM during the truce BEFORE WPM contacted PUSA about SPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back