News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Gyarados’ Draconic Disaster is just that as 5 energy attachment is a disaster. Espeon and Gardevoir will easily OHKO it.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
Gyarados' GX attack isn't outright terrible though... Being able to discard any energy (DCE) from EACH of your opponents Pokémon is pretty powerful.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I thought there were only supposed to be Silvally and the Ultra Beasts in this set. Is Gyarados, Alolan Exegutor, and Alolan Golem replacing Phermosa, Celesteela, and Xurkitree?
This is correct. Phermose, Celeseeta, and Xurkitree will be released as promo's

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
If you're playing a dark rai or an xerneas break deck that would be a devastating, but I just don't see it as that great against most other decks in most cases.

Alexaund

Aspiring Trainer
What is with these incredibly high energy costs? Are we going to get some new tech or just depend on elixirs, etc.?

WaMike

Aspiring Trainer
What is with these incredibly high energy costs? Are we going to get some new tech or just depend on elixirs, etc.?

Counter Energy maybe. Give up a Karp, you only need [W][Counter][Counter] which isn't impossible. Then if you catch up on prizes you toss on a DCE

Pokeprinxe

I HAVE A CUBONE TATTOOED ON MY FACE.
That Gyarados art is tops... I can't wait to build Exeggcutor GX. I feel like it's one item or energy card away from being amazing.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I thought there were only supposed to be Silvally and the Ultra Beasts in this set. Is Gyarados, Alolan Exegutor, and Alolan Golem replacing Phermosa, Celesteela, and Xurkitree?
It was already confirmed that Xurkitree, Celesteela, and Pheromosa would come in their own promo boxes.

Jswoop22

Aspiring Trainer
Buzzwole will fight nicely into my lycanroc deck. A strong energy and fury belt = 60 to active and 30 to bench. Also a bonus it is weak to psychic.

Elray

Expanded Player
Gyarados-GX counters Turbo Dark with its GX attack, counters Volcanion/Turtonator simply by virtue of being a water-type (Waterfall does 200 damage with a choice band and weakness), and the new Magikarp card can't be damaged on the bench. This deck definitely has some potential.

Gyarados’ Draconic Disaster is just that as 5 energy attachment is a disaster. Espeon and Gardevoir will easily OHKO it.
That's the only counter to this card I can think of, although Gyarados-GX can also dish out OHKOs if the opponent has a bad start (Turn 2 setup is possible with two Aqua Patches).

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
If only Gyarados' second attack cost was like 2 Water and a DCE or something I feel like it'd be a little more playable.