Help Selling singles

lewisdog8

Aspiring Trainer
I work for a store and we’re starting to sell singles. Before a new set is officially released, can we put singles out and sell them as a preorder and not allow for them to be collected until the set is released?

Hi lewisdog8,

The best advice than can be offered here would be to contact Pokemon's Support team. They will give you a definitive (and official) answer. This can be done by submitting a support ticket at support.pokemon.com. They are usually pretty quick to respond.

While there is nothing physically stopping you from selling singles before a set has officially released (or--as you mentioned--putting out singles for preorder), I personally would strongly advise against it, especially if your store has an official Pokemon League associated with it. Selling product before the release date could result in the League being taken away and could hurt eligibility for hosting certain events in the future.

I know there's a definite appeal to selling cards early or making them available for preorder (making them available earlier, higher sale price, etc.), but this is something you have to be careful with.

While I know this doesn't answer your question, I hope it at least points you in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cordially,
- Alpha

Back