• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

~Seismitoad Lock for Cities~ (Seismitoad EX / Garbodor)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Finalizing now

Pokemon: (11)

• x4 Seismitoad EX
    x2-2 Garbodor Legendary Treasures
    x1 Dedenne
    x2 Charizard EX (Combustion Blast)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (39)

• x4 Professor Juniper
    x4 N
    x2 Skyla
    x2 Lysandre
    x2 Colress

x1 Computer Search
    x4 Muscle Band
    x3 Hypno Toxic Laser
    x3 Ultra Ball
    x2 Float Stone
    x3 Virbank City
    x2 Switch
    x3 Head Ringer
    x2 Enhanced Hammer
    x2 VS Seeker
Energy: (10)

• x4 DCE
    x6 Water Energy
Strategy: Basic Seismitoad EX/ Garbodor Deck. Use Seismitoad to item lock and Garbodor for Ability locking the opponent. Laser Bank combo to rack up damage, with Enhanced Hammers and Head Ringers to slow the opponent down.

I hope you guys can help me out!:D
Thanks!

RE: ~Seismitoad Lock~ for Cities (Seismitoad EX / Garbodor)

If you intend on rely on Shaymin E, you'd better play some Rainbows.

RE: ~Seismitoad Lock~ for Cities (Seismitoad EX / Garbodor)

THIRTEEN said:
If you intend on rely on Shaymin E, you'd better play some Rainbows.

I was thinking that but I use it as an option. Most of the time I will probably discard it with Computer Search and Ultra Ball. Plus if I do need it I will just use Prof Letter to get the grass. So I will probably just play 1 Grass. Won't be using much Grenade Hammer anyways.

Any other suggestions for this deck?

You currently hve 61 cards listed...

Other thoughts for your consideration:

• Shaymin EX, IMO, has greater inherent risks than rewards for a variety of reasons, including it's a very poor starting Poké. I'd suggest replacing it with Reshiram (Outrage). Furtermore, the lone G energy (may be hard to find too) could be replaced with another W energy.
  • I do believe that with the release of the PhF set, many games will have Stadium wars again. Donphan decks seem to run4 Fighting Stadiums; Gengar decks seem to run 3 Dimension Valley Stadiums; and the Dialga decks seem to also run 3-4 Steel Shelter Stadiums. So, recognizing that only 2 Virbank City Gym Stadiums may not prevail throughout the entire game, would a Dowsing Machine better serve you (assuming you keep your current count)?
  • You may not always get the benefit of playing a Ht Laser if you opponent has some type of protection against effects; so, I'd suggest replacing 1 Ht Laser with another Muscle Band.
  • Consider dropping an Enhance Hammer.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

TuxedoBlack said:
You currently hve 61 cards listed...

Other thoughts for your consideration:

• Shaymin EX, IMO, has greater inherent risks than rewards for a variety of reasons, including it's a very poor starting Poké. I'd suggest replacing it with Reshiram (Outrage). Furtermore, the lone G energy (may be hard to find too) could be replaced with another W energy.
  • I do believe that with the release of the PhF set, many games will have Stadium wars again. Donphan decks seem to run4 Fighting Stadiums; Gengar decks seem to run 3 Dimension Valley Stadiums; and the Dialga decks seem to also run 3-4 Steel Shelter Stadiums. So, recognizing that only 2 Virbank City Gym Stadiums may not prevail throughout the entire game, would a Dowsing Machine better serve you (assuming you keep your current count)?
  • You may not always get the benefit of playing an Ht Laser if you opponent has some type of protection against effects; so, I'd suggest replacing 1 Ht Laser with another Muscle Band.
  • Consider dropping an Enhance Hammer.
I hope you find these comments helpful.
Looks like I am bad at counting :p
Thanks for the help! I do expect tons of Seismitoad decks in Cities, is there any good card I could tech in to get an easy kill on an opposing Seismitoad? That's what I was going for with Shaymin EX

Aren't protection from effects only from abilities? Then I just need to get Garbodor out.

Heres what I would do if I was you

-1 switch
-1 Comp Search
-1 Prof Letter

+1 Float Stone
+1 Head Ringer
+1 Dowsing Mchn

Hope I could help! :D

PkmnTrainerRed said:
Heres what I would do if I was you

-1 switch
-1 Comp Search
-1 Prof Letter

+1 Float Stone
+1 Head Ringer
+1 Dowsing Mchn

Hope I could help! :D

With 2 suggestions to replace Comp Search with Dowsing I will for sure. I agree Prof letter isn't necessary anymore (With the Shaymin EX, it was, but now I don't have it) I will make those changes.

Thanks for your help!

I think you should keep the computer search, it makes it much easier to get the DCE out. I would also add in a lysandres trump card so you can continue to get your lasers and hammers.

Ironman131 said:
I think you should keep the computer search, it makes it much easier to get the DCE out. I would also add in a lysandres trump card so you can continue to get your lasers and hammers.

I don't want to play Trump card because then, the opponent would get their supporters back, which I don't want because I am trying to lock them as much as possible. I shouldn't give them resources back.

I am still indifferent on Comp Search and Dowsing Machine. I might switch back to Comp Search in case I start with it and not have a DCE in hand for Seismitoad EX. But Dowsing machine can get a Laser/Virbank back.

Hmmm...

you might be careful about relying too too much on the Seismitoad/Garbodor lock.
I did well against it in Regionals by lightening up the Item cards and putting in a few more supporter cards.
I did well vs. Lando/Lucario/Seis/Garb deck.
I also ran Pokemon Center Lady to help clear the poison and some damage...
so I too was playing a delay action for the long game.

tystuff1 said:
I too run a PCL in my deck; it's amazing.
Gengar master said:
Thanks for the help! I do expect tons of Seismitoad decks in Cities, is there any good card I could tech in to get an easy kill on an opposing Seismitoad? That's what I was going for with Shaymin EX
IMO, the "best" (and efficient) Seismitoad EX counters are either Hawlucha or Leafeon (PF). However, neither of these Poké would be a good fit for the deck due to setup or energy mismatch. A Mewtwo EX would be a good counter though.

Unfortunately, Shaymin EX is still an "easy" 2-prize target and a definite "bad" starting Poké..

Gengar master said:
Aren't protection from effects only from abilities? Then I just need to get Garbodor out.
Not necessarily. Some effects, like Seismitoad EX's Quaking Punch, is placed upon the opponent and the opponent can not "get out of it." On the other hand, the effect of PF Kyurem's Blizzard Burn attack can be "reset" or nullified just by getting the Blizzard Burn'ing Kyurem back to bench and then back to the active position for another consecutive Blizzard Burn attack. In both of these cases, Abilities are not involved in producing the respective effects..

TuxedoBlack said:
tystuff1 said:
I too run a PCL in my deck; it's amazing.
Gengar master said:
IMO, the "best" (and efficient) Seismitoad EX counters are either Hawlucha or Leafeon (PF). However, neither of these Poké would be a good fit for the deck due to setup or energy mismatch. A Mewtwo EX would be a good counter though.

Unfortunately, Shaymin EX is still an "easy" 2-prize target and a definite "bad" starting Poké..

Gengar master said:
Not necessarily. Some effects, like Seismitoad EX's Quaking Punch, is placed upon the opponent and the opponent can not "get out of it." On the other hand, the effect of PF Kyurem's Blizzard Burn attack can be "reset" or nullified just by getting the Blizzard Burn'ing Kyurem back to bench and then back to the active position for another consecutive Blizzard Burn attack. In both of these cases, Abilities are not involved in producing the respective effects..

Ah, ok. thanks. I will also put a PCL in my deck.

Back