Event Seismitoad Giratina for Dallas Regionals

Playing against deck that does not play special energy seems hard. Darkrai and Volcanion decks come to mind. Getting DDE and DCE on the second turn seems hard to achieve in a consistent manner. I mean i could still be wrong but it doesn't seems clutch to me.

Regarding Trevenant, i guess you could easily play Latias-Ex in the deck. He is an auto-win in most cases granted they do not play uncommon attackers or Silent Lab.
Keep in mind this is an anti-meta deck, so it's going to struggle against anything that it's not specifically tailored to beat, so, you are correct on that point. Latias IS really good, but more other things than Trevenant, since that deck plays Espeon-EX now. Even though it's a 3HKO, Trev will literally never let Latias KO Espeon with Flare Grunt and 4 E Hammers. I think this deck is good against what it beats, but loses to everything else. That's usually why anti-meta decks never win events. Another note on Latias is that it can't 2HKO Trev because it disables Lasers, Muscle Bands, and prevents you from playing Special Charge or Puzzles. And if you try selling with Latias and you're forced to bench another Pokemon to prevent yourself from losing the next turn, Trevenant has another target to take prizes from.

Yeah been running into Trev and they do play Espeon-Ex now. Something you were seeing a lot less before. If you manage to get rid of Espeon-Ex you can just stall and deck out Trevenant. The trick is to make it work. I did a game recently where i did have to play against Trevenant and do exactly this. Get rid of Espeon-Ex and deck him out. The thing is i have ways in and out with my Ninja Box since when they bring Esepon-Ex for the attack i can then Ninja Boy into Marshadow or Tauros and OHKO it right away just to Ninja Boy straight back into Latias-Ex after that's done. Might be harder to do with a Toad/Dragon deck.

Playing against deck that does not play special energy seems hard. Darkrai and Volcanion decks come to mind. Getting DDE and DCE on the second turn seems hard to achieve in a consistent manner. I mean i could still be wrong but it doesn't seems clutch to me.

Regarding Trevenant, i guess you could easily play Latias-Ex in the deck. He is an auto-win in most cases granted they do not play uncommon attackers or Silent Lab.

Then they use Espeon EX to bounce Latias EX’s head off a wall

Does anyone have a Seismitoad/Giratina list? I've noticed that it's been getting hyped but can't find a viable list without going through a paywall.

I think it sounds very strong though, and if it has a good showing at Dallas, it could shake up how people build their decks moving forward.
I suspect there are a few in the Beach's Deck Garage Forum.

As a Night March player, I am not liking this.
Whenever I play in an Expanded format tournament, I expect o encounter NM and Vespquen-Flareon players; so, the Dallas tournament is no different. There will be lots of players tech'ing against those decks (as they should). Both Seismitoad EX and Giratina EX were some techs used in the past as counter to NM; so, it's no surprise to me they'll be used in Dallas. As despite all the NM-counter techs, I expect NM players to still have a strong representation on day 2 of the tournament.

Back