Seismitoad EX Variants

RE: Seismitoad EX / Garbodor

I wanted to throw out a crazy version I've been running. I run all fire energies, and have mewtwo ex and victini ex. Victini is fragile, but shouldn't come out unless against vir-gen. Two of them, one accelerates the other. Also that acceleration is a nice backup. I beat a vir-gen at a city championship (masters division) using toad, by just hitting for two hundred a bunch of times. And now that i think about it, it could me nice against metal decks too, but they aren't as concerning for toad.

I tested both versions heavily and Tasty Toad is definitely better. You have the things you need at your disposal faster AND can sacrifice the suporter for an utility supporter instead of a draw supporter(Team Flare Grunt/Xerosic for disrupt, AZ/Cassius for prize denial/extra tastings, Pokemon Center Lady to keep the Toad healthy)

I wanted to throw out the idea of not discarding energy. In variants like yveltal and mewtwo, it can be worthwhile to let the energies build and then whipe out anything big easily.

Do you think that Crobat Toad Slurpuff could work? It might be clunky but you could replace the laserbank system.

Aviste said:
Do you think that Crobat Toad Slurpuff could work? It might be clunky but you could replace the laserbank system.

It would probably be clunky, have like no room, and have bench space issues. I suspect you are better off just sticking with either Bats or Slurpuff. :/

Then what could we do next season for extra damage output? Sorry If that's a little of topic. Also how does this deck deal with Groudons?

Aviste said:
Also how does this deck deal with Groudons?
Ehhh. Depends on the variant. Bats help a bit you just kind of snipe the heck out of them and hope you can do enough damage to 1 or 2 shot them when they actually start attacking with it. You can also Lysandre the Groudon before it evolves. To be honest Groudon is really tough.

If I can get a head ringer on fast enough it generally means I can stop one from coming out. As of now the Robo Substitute version would probably give me the most trouble. Once I add bats it should be better though.

The problem with that is smart groudon players wont play down their Groudon EX if they dont have to. They usually play multiple Korina to grab the Groudon EX and spirit link and put them right on the bench. Lysandre i sthe best way to deal with Primal Groudon EX, Lysandre it out before it evolves and do damage to soften it up.

I think Seismitoad EX/ Crawduant/ Hammers could be a good deck after rotation because it dosent even use Hypnotoxic Lasers and Virbank city gyms as a a means of damage output. The deck is entirely based on energy denial.

I think there would be no quad Toad deck after lasers are gone. Like toad/bats or tasty toad. I mean, toad will always be good and its function would be like in Yveltal/Toad deck. Toad slows the game while Yveltal sets up.

As you guys say, I think that Seismitoad is going to loose a lot of its potencial once lasers rotate because its damage output will be simply not enough to kill an Ex (not to mention a Mega) before it gets killed.
However, I can still see it being used to counter certain item-dependant decks and things like stages 2.

But right now, I do really consider Seismitoad Slurpuff as one of the greatest decks in the format, if not the most consistent and powerful. It's amazing the outs that the Slurpuff engine can give to the deck!

Honestly, it doesn't work as well without a consistent lock. Yes, 30/50 damage is great and all, but 4HKOing pokemon or more is terrible in a mega heavy format. Sure, you can run annoying pokemon like PRC Crawdaunt or Victrebel and trainers like head ringer and team flare grunt, but nothing will keep that lock like laser would. I do think it has a place in decks though because getting up a T1/T2 lock is crucial to a slow deck strategy. But in a format that will still have Yveltal EX, and possibly Mewtwo EX, it will have a much tougher time dishing out big damage.

There needs to be a card that disables all Ancient Traits with its own. It would be boss with Seismitoad. Maybe Zygarde with Zeta Balance? Disables all ATs as long as it is on the bench? Anyone? No? Okay. :(

pokemonkosh said:
There needs to be a card that disables all Ancient Traits with its own. It would be boss with Seismitoad.
Maybe Zygarde with Zeta Balance? Disables all ATs as long as it is on the bench?
Anyone?
No?
Okay. :(

No more things to pair with Toad....Please....

I'm thinking Siesmitoad + Jirachi from Roaring Skies could be kind of crazy against M/P EX decks. Rainbow Energy or Metal (foregoing Water)?

pokemonkosh said:
There needs to be a card that disables all Ancient Traits with its own. It would be boss with Seismitoad. Maybe Zygarde with Zeta Balance? Disables all ATs as long as it is on the bench? Anyone? No? Okay. :(

Haha, no.

Groudon makes the game slightly more balanced by giving Toad a matchup that isn't great- but far from autolose. It's not like Groudon is everywhere.

Serious question. Why do people think the Slurpuff build is good? From my experience, it's the least reliable, and most incosistent varient.

Even though, it's only running the 3-3 Slurpuff line, I find it really slow in setting up, meaning by the time you do, and you get some draws off, you're so far behind, it's difficult to disrupt what your opponent's doing, especially if you're playing against another Toad varient. Maybe I'm missing something?

DaKareerKilla said:
Serious question. Why do people think the Slurpuff build is good? From my experience, it's the least reliable, and most incosistent varient.

Even though, it's only running the 3-3 Slurpuff line, I find it really slow in setting up, meaning by the time you do, and you get some draws off, you're so far behind, it's difficult to disrupt what your opponent's doing, especially if you're playing against another Toad varient. Maybe I'm missing something?

I like the deck and I perform very well with it. I do agree at times it could be a bit slow and the damage is lack luster compared to the ToadBats version.
While the deck relies heavily on flips, it has its perks.
-Draws usually go well. With 4 VS seeker, 3/4 ultra ball, Jirachi EX, and 3 extra cards drawn for the turn, you usually can get the card/supporter you are looking for.
-Does well against ToadBats/Garb (draws better, not the damage output), which can help you into a xerosic/team flare grunt early.
-With the extra draws, Lys' Trump Card becomes very good as you can recycle cards back into your deck, and still draw 3 cards for the turn.
-With Dragalgae, the poision with the lock can be game-losing to some decks that rely on 'free retreat' cards (Darkrai/Float Stone/Fairy Garden).
-With Swampert, the T2 archies can pretty much win you every game (Blah approved).

Ironman131 said:
The problem with that is smart groudon players wont play down their Groudon EX if they dont have to. They usually play multiple Korina to grab the Groudon EX and spirit link and put them right on the bench. Lysandre i sthe best way to deal with Primal Groudon EX, Lysandre it out before it evolves and do damage to soften it up.

I think Seismitoad EX/ Crawduant/ Hammers could be a good deck after rotation because it dosent even use Hypnotoxic Lasers and Virbank city gyms as a a means of damage output. The deck is entirely based on energy denial.

Exactly, Groudon decks are a game of out stalling the Toad. Because once they've used the Lasers and Muscle Bands, there's nothing really new to throw at you, while Groudon can continue to set up.

Robosub Groudon is great for this.

Back