• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Lugia EX / Garbodor

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 3 Seismitoad EX
  • 2 Lugia EX
  • 1 Regice
  • 2-2 Garbodor (BPT)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Judge
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Rough Sea
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

This deck is actually from the old days. Using Seismitoad EX for item lock and Garbodor for ability lock, over half of the meta deck is shut down. Energy disturb remains a main strategy here, as opponent can only manual attach energy only. So the goal is to prevent opponent from playing.

Lugia EX is a heavy hitter when Seismitoad EX stall to a certain point. I use Lugia EX over Yveltal EX because the first attack only require 1 double colorless energy.

Regice is the only non-EX attacker here, otherwise this deck auto-loss to another Regice. M Manectric EX maybe a problem to this deck too, which does not require lots of item of ability to set up and attack, and once it attacks, it recycle energy too.

Skyla may not be a usual supporter in many deck, often being label as slow. But this deck does not go fast anyway, sometimes we can just Skyla for a enhance hammer or hand ringer, then Quaking punch.

Fighting fury belt is the only new item i added in this deck. It's chosen over muscle band. think about these, Seismitoad EX now got 220HP, a mega EX HP, with rough sea, item lock, ability loc, how hard is that to take it down. Lugia EX and Regice also gain health to 210 and 160HP respectively. But i expected some 3HKO may becomes 4HKO with fighting fury belt.

Rough sea becomes the stadium of choice here. Normally I would play Silent lab in a disruptive deck, but we got Garbodor already. Parallel city may works here, but if the 3 bench side is pointed to the opponent, Quaking punch decreases to 20 damages only with fighting fury belt.

Other possible addition:

super scoop up could be useful in this deck, acts as switch, max potion or AZ on Shaymin EX, if we got some luck on coin flip. But the main issue here is deck space.

Manectric EX could be used over Lugia EX, with head ringer it hit 130 to opponent's EX. those 4 water energy will be substituted into lighting energy. It benefits from rough sea too.

Misty is a new supporter, to let us look at the top 8 cards from deck and choose one card. I think this card maybe helpful in T1 double colorless searching.

Opinions are welcome as I will actually start building it on Feb, and I want to listen more before that.

Thanks

Back