• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Scolipede Venoshock

HiTMichael

Aspiring Trainer
dat_scolipede_by_kikaxlot-d4hz49k.png

With card from the Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt revealed i'm planning on making a deck in my favorite Pokemon after Zangoose, Scolipede is the great worm Pokemon that changes my view on early Caterpies/Wurmples and another worms. And i love to play Venoshock with Seviper on DS. I'll bring the list with the basics and i'll keep refreshing until the release of the sets in English.

Pokémon 14
4 Venipede
3 Whirlipede
4 Scolipede
1 Sigilyph
2 Celebi EX

Supporter 12
3 Bianca
3 N
3 Cheren
3 Skyla

Item 21
3 Rare Candy
2 Random Receiver
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Heavy Ball
1 Level Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Computer Search
3 Switch
1 Super Rod

Statium 2
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy 11
3 {C}{C}
8 {P}

Translation of Cards in Japanese
Venipede - Psychic - HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Poison Point
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack, the Attacking Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[P][C] Bug Bite: 20 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Scolipede - Psychic - HP150
Stage 1 - Evolves from Venipede

Ability: Poison Point
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack, the Attacking Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[P][P][C][C] Venoshock: 80+ damage. If the Defending Pokemon is Poisoned, this attack does 40 more damage.

Retreat: 4

Celebi-EX - Grass - HP110
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Time Recall
All of your Pokemon can use attacks from their previous evolutions. (You still need to required Energy to use the attack.)

[G][C][C] Passing Wind: 60 damage. Switch Celebi-EX with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Retreat: 1

Virbank City Gym - Trainer
Stadium

If a Pokemon is Poisoned, place two more damage counters on it between turns.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

Tool Scrapper – Trainer

Choose up two Pokemon Tools attached to either player’s Pokemon, then discard them.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Sigilyph – Psychic – HP90
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Safeguard
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Sigilyph by your opponent’s Pokemon-EX.

[P][C][C] Psychic: 50+ damage. Does 10 more damage for each Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Retreat: 1

Skyla - Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Computer Search - Trainer
Item

Discard two cards. Search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Strategy
The main base of this deck is attack with Venoshock of Scoli and Whirli, the Stadium can give much help in this deck because of the Carnivine's Lure Poison. I think the Scolipede from EP can be good 1 or more. Sigilyph is tech against EX. Because MewTwo can kill everything in this deck. Because of the stages 2 of this deck i didn't use Juniper, and using one Tool Scrapper because Eviolite and that Kyurem with 300HP can be pain in the &*%$$.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
Good deck, but I don't think Carnivine is necessary.
-3 Carnivine
-2 Grass
-1 Gold Potion
+2 Rare Candy (must max)
+1 Computer Search
+3 Skyla (great for stage 2's)

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Its imposible to eviolite the 300 HP kyurem. It uses the crystal wall to get that. And the poisoning also comes from the ability so the tool scrapper is going to be more important with garbodor.

-3 carnivine
-2 grass energies

+2 Tool Scrapper
+2 Rare candies

HiTMichael

Aspiring Trainer
RogueChomp said:
He means Eviolite in general. Not eviolite on the Kyurem.

Yeah, i know the Pokemon can't have 2 tools attached...
I think the Carnivine is an alternate way of Poisoning, because the Poison Point just give poison if the Venipede and Scolipede are attacked, its good for surprise but the second time the enemy don't ill make the attack to don't get the poison.
So, Carnivine going out {G} goes too.
I'll make the changes.
So the Virbank City Gym will give the defending Pokémon 3 Damage Counters if poisoned, if i read right....
I think i can reduce the Cheren to put more Bianca, because this deck have a lot of Pokeball

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Celebi EX (Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt) is a good card for this deck because you can have Scolipede's 150HP and Ability, and Whirlipede's 1 Energy attack. 50 damage less for 2 to 3 energy less will save you allot of time, and you can still build up your 120 damage attack if you really want to. Also your consistency is pretty low:

-1 Rare Candy
-2 Level Ball
-1 DCE

+2 Celebi EX
+1 N
+1 Super Rod (If you don't put in Celebi EX, you'd need at least 2 of these since you only have 5 basics)

o0Flint0o

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yeah! I remember trying to come up with a Scolipede deck when I saw Virbank.
But it was a different Scolipede. I'm talking the one that was in the theme deck. (EP) I was mainly brainstorming, but I thought it was pretty good.
Scolipede;
140 hp.
Toxic Claws 30 {P}{C}"The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokemon between turns."
Wild Horn 50+ {P}{C}{C}(Not what we really want here, but it's just two flips for 20 more damage each.)
You can set up for toxic claws a 2 energies faster than the other one. The other one you have to rely on getting hit. Plus, with Virbank, it's four damage per turn.Basically cheap 70 on the first get-go. If the other guy doesn't retreat, it goes to 110. (Although, that's the first flaw so far. Gotta make an anti retreat.) Anyway, if he DOESN'T, you can use that new deevolution spray in dragons that could possibly be coming out and go down to Whirlipede.
This Whirlipede;
90 Hp.
Venoshock 10+ {P}(If the defending Pokemon is poisoned, this attack does 60 more damage.)
(Second one doesn't matter.)
Anyway, after a hit with that, it turns into 180. Eviolite shouldn't be a big problem here since we're dealing with status. The only huge flaw I see with this is making it so the opponent doesn't retreat. Scolipede can take a hit, but be careful when looking at reshi and zek EX.
Go ahead and elaborate on this idea, if you want to.

JimboJumbo

Aspiring Trainer
Why waste a Devo Spray when you can use the Scolipede from the same set that has Venoshock as well? I'll admit that I thought swarming Scolipedes was a bad idea when it was mentioned so many times before as a joke. But it looks like it has more support to be something moderately viable.

HiTMichael

Aspiring Trainer
Machamp the Champion said:
Celebi EX (Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt) is a good card for this deck because you can have Scolipede's 150HP and Ability, and Whirlipede's 1 Energy attack. 50 damage less for 2 to 3 energy less will save you allot of time, and you can still build up your 120 damage attack if you really want to. Also your consistency is pretty low:

-1 Rare Candy
-2 Level Ball
-1 DCE

+2 Celebi EX
+1 N
+1 Super Rod (If you don't put in Celebi EX, you'd need at least 2 of these since you only have 5 basics)

Ok, i make the changes, i know the deck relly on consistency, I think i can make the deck based on Poison, put in Carnivine, Amoongus and another things, but Scolipede is so tasty :D

Entei

Wild Entei fled . . .
Great deck, all though the item list seems a little inconsistent.

Why no bicycle / juniper combination?

cannonballkuriboh

Aspiring Trainer
o0Flint0o said:
Oh yeah! I remember trying to come up with a Scolipede deck when I saw Virbank.
But it was a different Scolipede. I'm talking the one that was in the theme deck. (EP) I was mainly brainstorming, but I thought it was pretty good.
Scolipede;
140 hp.
Toxic Claws 30 {P}{C}"The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokemon between turns."
Wild Horn 50+ {P}{C}{C}(Not what we really want here, but it's just two flips for 20 more damage each.)
You can set up for toxic claws a 2 energies faster than the other one. The other one you have to rely on getting hit. Plus, with Virbank, it's four damage per turn.Basically cheap 70 on the first get-go. If the other guy doesn't retreat, it goes to 110. (Although, that's the first flaw so far. Gotta make an anti retreat.) Anyway, if he DOESN'T, you can use that new deevolution spray in dragons that could possibly be coming out and go down to Whirlipede.
This Whirlipede;
90 Hp.
Venoshock 10+ {P}(If the defending Pokemon is poisoned, this attack does 60 more damage.)
(Second one doesn't matter.)
Anyway, after a hit with that, it turns into 180. Eviolite shouldn't be a big problem here since we're dealing with status. The only huge flaw I see with this is making it so the opponent doesn't retreat. Scolipede can take a hit, but be careful when looking at reshi and zek EX.
Go ahead and elaborate on this idea, if you want to.

Loving how people actually like 4 poison a turn, now that CROBAT PRIME is rotating....makes me sad....:(

HiTMichael

Aspiring Trainer
Entei said:
Great deck, all though the item list seems a little inconsistent.

Why no bicycle / juniper combination?

Juniper makes the stage 2 gone when the rare candys and stage 1 don't come. :(
That's why i put in Cheren

HiTMichael

Aspiring Trainer
Waiting for the release of cards of Team Plasma to put Crobat in, with the stadium he can draw 1 more card and do 40 + 40 Poison + 20 Poison from Stadium Oo with only 1 Psychic and 1 DCE