• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Scizor Gx Team up (beta build)

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
With the new cards in the game I made a new variant of my Scizor-gx deck.

3 Scythers
3 Scizor-Gx's
1 Scizor(Lost thunder)
2 Magnemite
2 Magnazone
2 Jirachi's(Team up)
1 Klefki(Team up)
1 Tapu lele-Gx
2 Cobalion-gx

3 Ultra Balls
2 Rare candies
1 Field Blower
2 Super Scoop ups
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Pokemon Communications
1 Viridian Forest
3 Mt.Coronets

2 Jasmines
3 Acerolas
2 Lillies
3 Guzmas
2 Cynthias

2 Metal Goggles
3 Frying pans

11 Steel Energies

Basically it's a tank deck Scizor-GX attacker. With klefki's ability and Scizors main attack(with frying pan) you can tank 100 damage from any psychic pokemon. That means your opponent will have to do 310 damage in order to kill Scizor. That with Cobalion's ability your immune to status effects like sleep and posion, and with Jirachi you can get any trainer card in your first 5 draws.

The problem I was having with this deck initially was energy acceleration, so I ended up adding Magnazone. Him with Mt.Coronet I could use Jirachi to his full extent as I can get that energy back onto him after retreating, also if my scizor took too much damage I can get him back on the field that much faster. Magnazone also gives me more value for playing Tapu lele instead of just using him one time(or two with scoop up).

Cobalion's Gx attack is the main GX attack to do, Scizors GX is good for 1 shotting if needed, however Cobalion's Iron Rule helps with setting up or getting out of sticky situations. His main attack is more powerful then Scizors with a Stadium, however I wouldn't use it to attack Gx's(unless it's Mr.mine) and would only use it against non-gx types.

Metal Goggles are specific for Cobalion and Klefki as you don't want them bench sniped, and Frying pans can go anywhere.

For obvious reasons I wouldn't use this against a Pikachu&zekrom Gx, as he both has High attack and Resistance.

Other decks to watch out for:
Carbink(lost thunder) - You won't be able to attack
Weavile(Evil Admonition) - Cobalion can take care of this, however he will hit for max damage

Last edited:
is magnezone really necessary you have viridian forrest now so shouldn't you not need to have it??

is magnezone really necessary you have viridian forrest now so shouldn't you not need to have it??

The problem with Viridian forest is you need to discard a card in order to get an energy. It really has no value once your setup, Because Your gonna be discarding energies for retreat cost/ultra balls, so you need to get those back in your hand with Mt.Coronet. Also with Tapu-lele on your bench you can put as many energies on him in one turn if your going in for a kill.

Magnezone, in a deck that needs 2 Energy to set up? You’re just contradicting yourself, in my opinion. But, as they say: “if the shoe fits, wear it.”
Other than that, take out the Jirachi. I quote @Dark Espeon when I say that “as a rule of thumb you want 34 trainers or more in total to abuse it.” I’d use out that extra space to max out the Scoop Up line.
That’s what I think. See ya!

Yeah I've used super scoops enough to know their value, and having an option to pick up a Item card or supporter before I play a supporter is more consistent then a 50/50 on using a scoop up, So Jirachi really helps out with this deck.

Magnazone just made this deck a lot faster and consistent especially with a turn one Jasmine. and having your entire bench setup with energies helps when your opponent guzmas out your bench line, if your opponent cannot one shot that card, then you have the retreat cost, and don't have to waste Acerolas/super scoop ups on cards that are not Scizor-GX's.

Edit: thinking about it now I may look into using Max potion, as I'll be able to get those energies back the same turn that I use it.

Last edited:
Updated Build(Possibly Final):

4 Scythers
2 Scizor-GXs
1 Scizor(Lost Thunder)
1 Cobalion-GX
1 Jirachi(Team up)
1 Klefki(Team up)
2 Magnemite
2 Magnezone
1 Tapu Lele- GX

3 Max Potions
3 Rare Candies
3 Pokemon Communications
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Ultra Balls
3 Mt. Coronets

3 Acerolas
2 Cynthias
3 Guzmas
2 Jasmines
2 Ladys
1 Lillie

1 Choice Helment
1 Metal Googles
3 Metal Frying pans

11 Steel Energies

After Multiple rounds I have fine tuned the deck to something a little more manageable, so here's is a run down.

Going First:

Do a develop for a main scizor GX attack/tank or Cobalion-GX Iron law. getting lillie is a great start but really isn't needed. Starting out with a Scyther and a Scizor in your hand with energies you can tank a few turns for better setups.

Going Second:

This is what is preferable, as you can Jasmine on your first turn, get half of your Pokemon on that turn, then on your second turn you will need a Lady to get energies out of your deck, after that you will need to get Jirachi in play to get item cards like Rare candies or frying pans. Then you should be able to evolve your Magnezone and put all of your energies down. Once that's done then all you need to do is worry about your main strat.

Strat:

Scizor-Gx and Scizor(Lost thunder) are a prefect match up against any card that has 210 Hp and uses Special Energy, as they can two shot them without fail.

Against Big Tag GX's, Tapu Lele will be your main attacker for anything with heavy HP(unless its psychic), Using Cobalions Iron Law can buy you a turn in order to get energies in your hand, It is Recommended to get a minimum of 8 Energies on Tapu Lele Before you put it up against your trouble some maker, with cards like Pikachu Zekrom -GX, and Latias Latios GX. What ever you do though Don't count on 1 shotting A tag team GX with Tapu Lele, it is BETTER if you do damage to it before throwing lele into the fire, even if you lose a Scizor or Your cobalion in the process, that just means that it is weaker and you can add those energies right onto Lele on the next turn. -Also Make sure to put down a choice helmet on Lele, it is better to have 200 HP then to do 30 extra damage-

Between Deaths, and Acerolas, Always throw out Jirachi, Never go for the second play as Jirachi can get you something that you will need for the upcoming turns, Retreating him is easy and getting energies back is simple.

Psychic decks will basically have their hands full trying to one shot your Scizor-Gx with doing a 310 damage attack unless risk losing their main attackers. Even if they swap out for another card, Scizor is going to be there waiting on the next turn.

In most Cases As i stated before you will need to use Cobalions Iron law, Scizors GX attack can really only be used as a Finisher, you don't want to lose that tank ability being that it could potentially lose your Scizor.

Magnezone is a great attacker, you may only be able to attack with him once, however it can 1 shot any 130 hp attacker, and once you retreat those energies can go onto a fresh Scizor, or Cobalion.

Max Potion :D, Goodbye Super scoop ups, no more coin flips in this deck.

And that's about it, I still need to keep testing it against other decks, If I find anything else to add I'll update.

Edit: I forgot to add the rare candies to the deck list

Last edited:
I really like the list. I've been looking into building a Scizor-GX deck as well. I was pairing him with Zoroak GX, but then I just ended up using the Zoroak instead and it made me feel like Scizor didn't add anything. I played against a deck running Magnezone and had the same thought as you. Yes, Steel Wing only requires two energy, but that means a minimum of two turns set-up (three for Cross-Cut GX unless DCEs are added). Magnezone allows for quicker set-up if you need to Max Potion or Acerola, or set-up other attackers. The 2-2 line is a good number. It doesn't clog the deck, and if you don't get them set-up, the deck will still run. I think it's worth the deck space. I'm going to give your list a try and see how it goes!

I really like the list. I've been looking into building a Scizor-GX deck as well. I was pairing him with Zoroak GX, but then I just ended up using the Zoroak instead and it made me feel like Scizor didn't add anything. I played against a deck running Magnezone and had the same thought as you. Yes, Steel Wing only requires two energy, but that means a minimum of two turns set-up (three for Cross-Cut GX unless DCEs are added). Magnezone allows for quicker set-up if you need to Max Potion or Acerola, or set-up other attackers. The 2-2 line is a good number. It doesn't clog the deck, and if you don't get them set-up, the deck will still run. I think it's worth the deck space. I'm going to give your list a try and see how it goes!

Thanks, Yeah I think I fought you this morning when you decked me out... I was so tired and frustrated about my mt.coronets being at the bottom of my deck I just quit.

Back