• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sceptile gx post rotation (need suggestions)

Levi Derowin

Aspiring Trainer
I have currently been working on a deck list for sceptile Gx who will be realesed in Lost thunder sometime this year. It has been hard to find any recommendations on what to change in my list due to a lack of people who want to play against unrealesed cards. And I lack the cards to build decks to test it against. So I am hoping for some feedback on what to change in my list.
My plan is to get as many turn 1 treekos as possible then chain grovyle with grovyle to getaway turn 2-3 set up and attack. I also use life forest and shaymin to heal my sceptiles. And because sceptile has a reatreat cost of one energy. I can rotate and reatreat my sceptiles when sceptiles attack sets up another sceptile. Lather rinse reapeat.
Sceptile gx has 230 hp
60 damage one grass. And discard a special energy from your opponents active

130 for 2 grass. And move an energy to a benched pokemon.

1 grass heal all damage from your pokemon

Reatreat of 1

Grovyle has 80hp
Ability once during your turn search your deck for a grass pokemon and put it in your hand.

2 grass 40 damage

2 reatreat

Treeko

1 grass search your deck for a grass pokemon and put it in your hand.

Reatreat of 2

Shaymin

Ability heal 20 from a grass pokemon

1 grass 1 colorless energy 30 damage

Reatreat of one

Life forest prism star

Once during your turn heal 60 damage and remove all special conditions from your active grass pokemon.

Net ball

Search your deck for a grass energy or pokemon and put it in your hand.

Pokemon (18)
4 treeko (Lt)
4 grovyle (LT)
4 sceptile gx (LT)
1 sceptile (cs)
3 shaymin (LT)
2 tapu lele gx (gr)

Supporters (11)
4 cynthia (UP)
3 copycat (gs)
2 lillie (UP)
2 guzma (burning shadows)

Tools (7)
3 escape board (UP)
3 choice band (SM)

Items (13)
4 net ball (LT)
2 nest ball (SM)
2 ultra ball (every set imaginable)
1 pal pad (UP)
2 field blower (GR)
2 rescue stretcher (GR)
2 rare candy (SM)

Stadium
Life forest prism star (LT)

Energy (9)
9 grass energy

I would love to hear any suggestions anyone may have on how to improve this deck list. Because I would like to be ready for the realese of lost thunder with a post rotation list.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Grovyle is good, but you probably don't need 4 of them, especially if you're turning them into Sceptile. I'd swap out two for two more rare candies. Along with that, finding room for a Ditto Prism Star, which you can use as a fifth Treecko to turn into a Grovyle, at the expense of maybe a Lillie.

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
Grovyle is good, but you probably don't need 4 of them, especially if you're turning them into Sceptile. I'd swap out two for two more rare candies. Along with that, finding room for a Ditto Prism Star, which you can use as a fifth Treecko to turn into a Grovyle, at the expense of maybe a Lillie.

I think 4 Grovyle is necessary, because you can get out all of your treecko on your first turn, then all you need is one grovyle next turn, and you search out the next grovyle with that one, etc. Groyvle can help consistently getting out multiple sceptile by turn 3.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
-3x Shaymin (Not necessary)
-2x Net Ball (not necessary)
-1 Lillie (only need 1)
-2 Field Blower (doesn't help much)
-2 Rare candy (you always want Grovyle)

+2x Fomantis SUM
+2x Lurantis PR
+1x Guzma
+2 Ultra Ball
+3x Max Potion

Levi Derowin

Aspiring Trainer
-3x Shaymin (Not necessary)
-2x Net Ball (not necessary)
-1 Lillie (only need 1)
-2 Field Blower (doesn't help much)
-2 Rare candy (you always want Grovyle)

+2x Fomantis SUM
+2x Lurantis PR
+1x Guzma
+2 Ultra Ball
+3x Max Potion

I find using max potion an interesting take on the idea. Because I have no way of getting energy back. I agree with cutting back on rare candy with the use of 4 grovyle. I would like to keep the field blower beacause of things like dusk mane necrozma who knocks me out with a choice band. Net ball is both my main pokemon search and only energy search in the event I brick on energy. I have tried running lurantis in this deck but it was super awkward to get it on the bench and with a reatreat of 2 (in the event of a guzma) I can't reatreat without losing energy which I have very few of. I love your suggestions but I think in the long run they cause too much of an energy loss. I will take out a lillie for another ultra ball though.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I also don’t think that field blower is necessary, parallel and garb are both gone, and nothing good OHKO’s you with a band, except maybe rayquaza, (but they OHKO anyone given enough time). It seems like a waste of space.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Sense you didnt correctly translate some of the new cards I'd like to make sure your aware that the gx only heals that which has grass energy on it and also that net ball can only search basic grass pokemon not evolutions. Maxing out on ultra ball with 4 net balls would be better

Levi Derowin

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you smiteknight for mentioning rayquaza gx. I totally forgot about it does anybody know a good dce or counter energy fairy pokemon AI could add as a counter to rayquaza.