• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Sceptile-GX and His Amazing Friends

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
tl;dr: LOT grovyle searches DEX roserade searches anything, don't know which way to take the deck after testing

lso known as "Olette du Fromage" due to the name of Roserade's effect (thanks Kani).

So after that premium article came out talking about Lifesplosion, I was enamored with Sceptile-GX; it was a simple but really neat idea for a deck, so I took to testing it and found that - with the right partner - you could do a lot with Grovyle's "Search any Grass type."

So I dug through my collection on PTCGO and found DEX Roserade. At first glance, a mediocre "Search any card when it evolves" because it wasn't consistent and if you risked teching it, you could brick your hand overall.

Now with the ability to search via Grovyle for any Grass type, if you open a Treecko and a Roselia, and have a way to access Grovyle, you can rip any card you need from the deck!

It gives access to a lot of 1-off techs (provided they aren't prized), plus if you play a disruption variant, you can search whatever tool you'd need.

But after some testing I realized the damage output, relying only on Mach Cut for the most part, was really low. So I cut the Roserade line down a tad and added in the Promo Lurantis to buffer the damage output.

So I don't know which way to take the deck; I think either way can work, but which one provides more consistent results is up in the air and I'm terrible at building control decks in this game, honestly.

What I do know:

- The deck could use Nest Balls
- Bricks hurt
- Maaaybe Rare Candy to accelerate attacking??
- Its fun

Without further delay: the list.

Pokémon (20)

4 Treecko LOT 20
4 Grovyle LOT 21
1 Sceptile CES 10
2 Sceptile-GX LOT 196
2 Roselia FLF 8
2 Roserade DRX 15
3 Fomantis SUM 14
2 Lurantis PR-SM SM25

Trainer Cards (32)

1 Acerola BUS 112
3 Brigette BKT 134
2 Guzma BUS 115
2 Professor Juniper DEX 98
2 N NVI 92
2 Colress PLS 118
2 Silent Lab PRC 140
2 Devolution Spray EVO 76
2 Escape Board UPR 122
3 Choice Band GRI 121
4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
2 Red Card XY 124
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 Max Potion GRI 128

Energy (8)

8 Grass Energy

I'm gonna look really dumb if people have already done this

“If bricks hurt, dodge the bricks.”
- Me
You think you’d be able to get out of a bricked situation with a card that grabs ANYTHING from the deck.
“When in doubt, trust no one Oranguru.”
- Also Me
SO, in short, experiment with draw supporter Pokémon until you find the right match.

Back