Scarlet & Violet DLC: “The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero” Announced!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
During today’s Pokemon Presents, a new DLC for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet was announced. The DLC is called “The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero” and will release in two parts. The first part, “The Teal Mask,” releases in fall 2023, while the second part, “The Indigo Disk,” releases in winter 2023.
This DLC introduces a new land, Kitakami, a new school, the Blueberry Academy, and several new Pokemon: Fezandipiti, Munkidori, Okidogi, and Terapagos. Additionally, Pokemon from previous entries in the franchise will also become available as part of the DLC.

The_Hidden_Treasure_of_Area_Zero_Carmine_Artwork-97x200.png

Carmine

The_Hidden_Treasure_of_Area_Zero_Kieran_Artwork-79x200.png

Kieran

The_Hidden_Treasure_of_Area_Zero_Fezandipiti_Artwork-200x195.png

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really surprised with this, pretty sure we all knew it was coming. I am actually pretty excited though, imo the SwSh DLC was a big improvement on the base games so hopefully this one will be good.
I kinda like the new mons, I love the bird and the turtle, not so much sold on the monkey and the Incineroar/Rillaboom fusion.
Happy to see Vikavolt and Yanma coming back too

edit: one more thing I really hope is that these aren’t the only new mons introduced in the DLC. Even though I liked pretty much all the new mons for the SwSh DLC, it was kinda meh having the only new ones to discover were the horses.

OKIDOGI??!!!

I really thought the first DLC thing was a new Legends game at first. And for a brief moment, I was happy during this presentation.

But exactly as I thought, no acknowledgement of the games being... suboptimal. Just "Please continue to enjoy our games, and also buy the DLC. What did you think?" Even something as simple as "We're striving to continue improving the trainer experience in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet. Please look forward to future updates." is better than sticking their heads in the sand and leaving patch notes on Nintendo's website while asking for more money.

I dunno, man... I guess we'll see what's up later on. And hopefully several more updates will continue to improve the games by then.

Fezandipiti, monkidori and okidogi.... LOVE THOSE NAMES. The designs are a fascinating too, wonder what their whole deal is. And then Ogerpon and Terapagos are really solid legends, like they actually look quite legendary. I love ogerpons mask the detail is amazing and hopefully the face behind it looks good to. Terapago is just cute but also wow the shell is awesome. Super excited for these! This is a sign I should actually finsih the game ?

I recognize Terapagos from the drawing in the Scarlet/Violet book. Notice all the type symbols on its shell.

Okidogi has the same color scheme as Zarude.

Even though I liked pretty much all the new mons for the SwSh DLC, it was kinda meh having the only new ones to discover were the horses.
Did you forget the Kubfu line, G-max Kanto starters, Galarian bird trio, Galarian Slowking, and the 2 Regis ?

I recognize Terapagos from the drawing in the Scarlet/Violet book. Notice all the type symbols on its shell.

Okidogi has the same color scheme as Zarude.

Did you forget the Kubfu line, G-max Kanto starters, Galarian bird trio, Galarian Slowking, and the 2 Regis ?

What I meant was that they were all revealed prior to the DLC’s release. The mons you mentioned were all shown in pre release trailers, whereas I’d have liked to have some new mons that weren’t previously shown.

Fezandipiti is kinda classy, but nothing about it or about the other 2 ugly mofos with the same pink motif scream "legendary" to me. And boy is Okidogi particuraly, disgustingly abhorrent, holy f.

Ogerpon is at least kinda intersting. But the winner for me is Terapagos. It feels very original and its color palette is beautiful.

Back