Saturday, 4/22, EX Holon Phantoms Scans, Numero Uno Articuno, The Symbol Life

Those cards have incredible graphics and their attacks are good too. I can't wait for this set.:) I caught this mornings episodes and we went out after they were over but anyway They were good epsodes and it felt really good to see charizard but why did ash choose to use him against nolans aricuno? He won the match but he took some heavy blows to his charizard and at first when the episodes started I thought the articuno was wild and I was hoping ash would catch him this time around but when nolan showed up that was when I realized that articuno was his and at the end charizard still used flamethrower on him and I forgot he did that but it was funny and was dragon breath his new attack? I am wondering because I don't remember that attack last time ash used his charizard. Man I love charizard. Oh my mom said that she had never seen charizard before in the show and I pointed him out to her and she found out why I like him so much and I told her how powerful he was and now she knows why I like him so much because he is the best pokemon ever.:)

I thought they did a better job with the holofoil treatment in this set than they did with the Delta Species set, but that's just me. However, I found that many of the holo cards had a vertical line going down through the holo part of the card; either the holo on each side of the line were different (meaning that they not the same color at one time), or the line had a few milimeters where there was no holo treatment whatsoever (or both!).

Some of the rares in this set simply do not deserve rare treatment. I drafted a Sableye that has 60 HP, has Paralyzing Gaze for 1 colorless, and Knock Off for 1 Darkness and 1 Colorless. It does 10 damage, and allows you to discard a card from your opponent's hand without looking. Not very good...

On the other hand, some of the Uncommon cards in this set are awesome. δ Aerodactyl is a good example of this; it can search for basic energies from your deck. Great for decks that run 2 or more types of energy. Combos pretty well with δ Flygon and Blastoise-ex.

Malocide said:
Dude I just hada pre and I got Mew EX...

Yeah... I heard that you drafted it during the tournament. Did you actually get to use it at all? Its attacks are pretty broken, especially the attack that de-evolves; it's like Cradily, but more powerful. I have the Mew-ex from EX: LM, but I want to get one from this set and maybe use it along with Espeon-ex and some bench hunters.

I went 1-4, as usual. It seems as though I don't do very well at pre-releases; the highest I have placed is third, but that only happened one time.

Wobbuffet was quite useful during the Pre-release; I used it to get out as many benched monsters as I can so I can increase my chances of drawing better cards from my deck. It has Plusle DX's Call for Friends; it is likely that it will become staple in the next modified, especially if Plusle DX gets rotated out.

I will be attending the pre-release in Woodland, just outside of Sacramento, CA, and I will also be getting 3/4 of a box, normally get a full box since my finances are limited. I hope I get the cards that I am looking for.

So far that set looks like to be a good one and I can't wait to see the resof the cards.:)

RE:   Saturday, 4/22, EX Holon Phantoms Scans, Numero Uno Articuno, The Symbol Life

masterryanx said:
Mind Reader said:
In 10 days or something from now, i'm getting 3 Booster Boxes. So if you need some scans then, PM me and I may have them.

How do you afford that?!? I struggle to get a pack every couple weeks... meh...

Anyway, can't wait for the scans the set looks awesome. I wonder what the Secret Rare is... Hope it's Lucario or something nice like that. And thanks again for the episodes WPM, I slept through most of Numero Uno Articuno...

I don't exactly know, but I have some money :p
Like 3000 NoK, and even more.

I like the cards.

Nice scans, sugimori did a nice job on the registeel, I can't wait for the other regis. He may not be good, but 4 with metal energies and no special conditions and your opponent discarding energies, he's and unstoppable force. and he's not ex, and he has only 10HP less then the ex. so he's one of the promising cards.

TODAY: prerelease, I'll get 2 mews and I hope I can buy 2.

Back