Santa seal or punk haired dragon?

JPO

Super King - the best of the 3
hello
the city championships are coming up, and i have a dilema. i was wondering if you pokemon masters could help me out :)

i can either play:
my walrein ex deck, very reliable, ive played it many times and practically mastered it. 3-2-3 walrein ex and 2-2 liabilty weezing.

or heres the gamble...
a flygon deck. you see, i have 2 flygon ex's, and they just look so awesome. 2 might not be enough..but i have the delta one also. i was thinking of playing 3-2-3 flygon line (2 flygon ex's and one delta) along side a 2-2 weezing line (d/s pokebody hurting one), im sure youve heard and figured out this combo, he hits them all for 10 + pokebody, flygon comes aong and "saves the day".

ive never played the flygon ex deck, it would be a gamble, but it looks so awesome and a very strong beatdown. dont worry about trainers and other pokemon, theyre sorted.

should i go with the flygon deck, do you masters think it will work? do i need another flygon? any other combos?
thanks if you give this a shot
jack

Wow thats a tough one hmm.....I honestly don't know.Depends on the metagame.

What's popular in your area?

Also, if you've NEVER played Flygon EX δ before, and you play it at Cities you'll get thrashed. But if you can play around with it before then then it might be better.

Arcanine out.

Arcanine 274 said:

Also, if you've NEVER played Flygon EX δ before, and you play it at Cities you'll get thrashed.  But if you can play around with it before then then it might be better.

Arcanine out.

hmm well the played competitve decks of the area would be mewtrix and flariados...i have no idea how flygon would do against these...

chances are i will get a few practice battles, but not to many. about 5? maybe just enough to get a feel for it.

how do you think it would rank up against these 2? would walrein be much better?

JPO said:
Arcanine 274 said:

Also, if you've NEVER played Flygon EX δ before, and you play it at Cities you'll get thrashed.  But if you can play around with it before then then it might be better.

Arcanine out.

hmm well the played competitve decks of the area would be mewtrix and flariados...i have no idea how flygon would do against these...

chances are i will get a few practice battles, but not to many. about 5? maybe just enough to get a feel for it.

how do you think it would rank up against these 2? would walrein be much better?
Whatever deck is faster is the better one. Also with your Walrein EX deck, I'd up it to 4-2 (or 3)-4 and 4-3 Weezing DX-1 Weezing DS.

Arcanine out.

Arcanine 274 said:

Arcanine out.

I actually disagree with this. As long as you have the strategy in your head, you can play almost any deck well enough to perform well.

Whicker said:
Arcanine 274 said:

Arcanine out.

I actually disagree with this. As long as you have the strategy in your head, you can play almost any deck well enough to perform well.
So if I picked up an LBS (never played it before, but know a strategy) and play a person with an equal advantage over LBS, but the person has been playing it for ever and knows the deck inside and out and every trick in the book that he/she/it can use with it, I should have a pretty good chance to win?

Sorry, but I do not think so. Sure skill is a HUGE factor in how you use a deck, and so is knowing the strategy, but you also have to be comfortable with the deck and know everything the deck can do and how to get out of situations, instead of just knowing the basic strategy. If you don't know how to pull yourself out, you'll be defeated.

But of course you do still have an idea of how the deck runs, and that you can really use that to your advantage and if you're skilled enough you might do well.

But whatever, it really all depends on what you feel comfortable playing and what you think will do well.

Arcanine out.

i would play wally brcause you are use to it so you nwill do better plus i think water decks are under the radar this year so i would play it.

if raieggs isnt very popular in ur area, just go with walrein ex + liability!

playing with a deck that u have played for months really saves u, u'll know possibly every single trick in the deck, and how to counter something etc etc...

Thanks very much for the time and effort, it is greatly appreciated.

but instead of weezing, why not run nosepass form emerald? its got the "10 to everyone attack", and has collect, is basic, and has 70hp. im probably missing somehting here, but i think its much wiser than the delta species one!

i will go with walrien for this one most likeley, unless i get ome play time. its true, i ned experience and time to build not just the strategy, bt to get "a feel for the deck" so thankyou very much.
jack

JPO said:
but instead of weezing, why not run nosepass form emerald? its got the "10 to everyone attack", and has collect, is basic, and has 70hp. im probably missing somehting here, but i  think its much wiser than the delta species one!
The sad part is is that Nosepass' attack that does 10 to everyone takes 2 energies (like the guy above me said). Plus it's not that great of a starter and it doesn't fit too well into the deck. The best starter for your deck is probably a CFF Pokemon (Plusle, Tauros) or Jirachi DX.

Arcanine out.

Back