Sandstorm Team, now with EV's

RE: Noob needs help with sandstorm team.

QWERTY DITTO said:
Trainerhan1 said:
If this is for double battles Outrage won't be so good since you can't choose your target with Garchomp.
Yes, it is, what do you recommend I replace it with? Also I am wondering wether or not I should replace wash rotom with thundurus to paralyze fast with prankster.

Outrage does more, but it's unreliable. For example, if your battling a Dragonite and a Steelix you obviously want it to hit Dragonite, but since Outrage is always random, You might hit the steelix and do little damage. If your fine with that, then stay with outrage. If not, go with Dragon Claw.

QWERTY DITTO said:
AoH said:
Give us the EV spreads too. I'll be able to rate it when those are up (crucial little buggers).

~AoH
Noob question: what is the EV spread?

EVs make your stats higher. For example, an EV trained Tyranitar with max attack can easily become 403 attack. There's a limit to these EVs, 252 for 1 stat, and 504 in total. There are certain pokemon that raise certain EVs. For Hp; you knock out duckletts. For attack; lillipups or patrats. For defense; sewaddle. For Sp Atk; Litwick. For Special Defense; Frillish. And Lastly, for speed; Basculin. Every pokemon gives out some kind of EV, Those are just the easiest pokemon to find of each stat. However i checked your pokemon, and their EV spread is maxed out, which means that you can't raise any more EVs on your pokemon. The only thing is that every stat of your pokemon has some EVs. This isnt necessarily bad, but usually 252 on 2 stats and 4 on another is better. For Tyranitar, I would say 252 HP and 252 attack. You should check out websites for more of an explanation, since this one was very brief and basic.

Dual chop is also an option but it has less accuracy than Dragon Claw but it can break sturdy and focus sash.

Trainerhan1 said:
Dual chop is also an option but it has less accuracy than Dragon Claw but it can break sturdy and focus sash.

Dual chop is good too, but 90 accuracy is a bit meh.

BUMP, changed gachomp and cressalia, tried to max garchomps speed with power anklet. Still wondering if I should use thundurus instead of wash rotom for prankster+thunder wave disruption

QWERTY DITTO said:
BUMP, changed gachomp and cressalia, tried to max garchomps speed with power anklet. Still wondering if I should use thundurus instead of wash rotom for prankster+thunder wave disruption

Thundurus has better speed and Sp Atk, but an attack that Thundurus would be KO'd by could easily do only half to Rotom. Idk, its all your opinion.

ArticunoDude said:
QWERTY DITTO said:

Thundurus has better speed and Sp Atk, but an attack that Thundurus would be KO'd by could easily do only half to Rotom. Idk, its all your opinion.
I thin I'll keep it as it is because hydro pump with levitate helps against other sand teams.

QWERTY DITTO said:
ArticunoDude said:
I thin I'll keep it as it is because hydro pump with levitate helps against other sand teams.

He also does good against rain teams as well. He is the smater choice

Aright. I noticed Cresselia has a conflicting nature with its EVs. I personally would use Quiet or Sassy (if not Modest) to avoid undermining the special bulk and have a better chance to survive the occasional Foul Play. I haven't entered the VGC metagame yet (I'm still taking my time experimenting everywhere from UU to Ubers), so I'm afraid I can't be of further assistance.

iSharingan said:
Aright. I noticed Cresselia has a conflicting nature with its EVs. I personally would use Quiet or Sassy (if not Modest) to avoid undermining the special bulk and have a better chance to survive the occasional Foul Play. I haven't entered the VGC metagame yet (I'm still taking my time experimenting everywhere from UU to Ubers), so I'm afraid I can't be of further assistance.
I've been trying to get a better-natured one, and I finally got one through doing the trick that you put up a bad-natured cresselia for another cresselia on the GTS, and got all the way from Naive to Bold! Anyway, fixed. I've been doing really well with this team on Pokemon Showdown.

Before I begin to write my full-blown analysis on how this team could be improved, may I ask why Tar needs 252 Speed EVs? Hitting a base 61 for Speed, it won't outspeed much. On top of that, when it comes to weather inducers, you really want to not put much into their Speed to begin with so that way they're the slowest possible. I'd keep the Adamant Nature, but switch the Spe. EVs to HP.

Does Volt Switch and Thunderbolt on the same set for Rotom-W seem redundant to anyone? Hidden Power Ice or Grass would take the spot better. And with Dark Pulse, I'm not sure which is better between it or Trick, because of the Choice Scarf.

SheNinja said:
Does Volt Switch and Thunderbolt on the same set for Rotom-W seem redundant to anyone? Hidden Power Ice or Grass would take the spot better. And with Dark Pulse, I'm not sure which is better between it or Trick, because of the Choice Scarf.
Well, I like volt switch because you are fast, so you get a switch and an attack out of it. I also like dark pulse to hit cresselias, and usually I found trick when I used it way too slow because It would usually be KO'd or almost KO'd.

SheNinja said:
So if you like Volt Switch then take out Thunderbolt for Hidden Power Ice or Grass.
The problem with that is I don't always want to switch out, and I may need to do more damage.

Personally, I don't find Dark Pulse too practical. Replacing it with Hidden Power Ice or Grass - like SheNinja suggested (sort of) - would greatly help you. You either hit opposing Garchomp much harder (which if you have Sand up, are a pain to deal with) and many other Dragons harder, or you improve your chances against Gastrodon with HP Grass and potentially 2HKO it (since most carry the Rindo Berry). As it looks right now, HP Grass would likely have a higher utility, since from my observations, you aren't doing too terribly great against Gastrodon; Tar migt do some good against it with Crunch, Gastro walls Gastro, Garchomp can't OHKO with Dragon Claw and is shot at with Ice Beam, Excadrill isn't too great against it (can't OHKO it before SD) and get's washed out with Muddy Water or Earth Power, and finally, Cress ans Washtom are currently walled.

Back