TCG Fakes sandragon13's Text-Based TCG Fakes

sandragon13

Aspiring Trainer
I've been working on fake content for Pokemon for many years but only recently have I gotten back into the game of TCG faking. My magnum opus is the Class set and the unique TU mechanic that it utilizes, but I have numerous other concepts and projects in various stages of completion. I'm using spoilers to keep things as organized as possible.

As of now, I work exclusively with text-based cards. I may pursue converting some/all of these into visual cards in the future but I caution that it may be a while before I reach that point.

PLEASE NOTE: This page will be under construction for a while as I chip away at converting the backlog of content into proper formatting. Please bear with me while I do so.

So to give a little background, this project started several years ago as an extension/exercise of a story I was writing at the time. The cards developed during that time were based on my knowledge of the TCG to that point, which ranged from Base Set through about Gen 3 era. The project then languished for several years until 2019, when I got back up to speed with the modern TCG and updated most of the cards to more closely reflect current quantities like HP stats, energy costs, damage, and effects.

The set is intended to be considered self-contained; that is, without any official/real cards, and only using those in the set. The thought behind this being eliminating balancing issues before expanding out to allow real-world cards to supplement that which comes with this set.
And re-assessing as needed from that point.
So there are two mechanics that are novel to this set; one is a resurrection of an old concept (owner's cards, akin to the Gym Leader's cards) and the other is something that I called Team-Up originally (but may consider re-naming in light of the advent of Tag Teams). Each of the Owners in the set has 2 evolution lines of Pokemon attributed to them; of these, one of the lines for each Owner has a standard final stage (which plays like a normal Stage 1/Stage 2 depending on the line) and a special Team-Up evolution, which can only be played with a certain other card in play. If you recall, in the Gym Leaders sets, there were Trainer cards that were just the Gym Leaders, each with a specific effect that played as normal Trainer cards. This is like that, except when played, the card has its normal text, but stays in play like a Stadium and allows the user to play their Team-Up evolution if the Trainer matches the evolution.
It can be paralleled by, for example, Tyranitar EX as compared to a regular Tyranitar card. Both require evolution from the same pre-evolution but have different abilities, moves, etc, with the EX typically being stronger in most respects. The Team-Up evolution is like the EX version: generally designed to be stronger than the normal evolution, but requiring an additional component to be present in order to put it into play.You'll note the higher HP compared to normal; also, many of these TU evolutions have attacks inspired by their Team-Up partner, leading to some uncommon combinations of Pokemon and attacks.

TU cards also do not carry any additional prize cost - unlike Tag Teams, GX, EX, etc, you get more bang with less risk compared to those other mechanics, if somewhat weaker in general than them, which I think is justified.
Alex’s Mamoswine [W]
HP 170
[C] Genetic Memory: Use any attack from Alex’s Mamoswine’s Basic Pokemon or Stage 1 Evolution card (Alex’s Mamoswine does not have to pay for that attack’s Energy cost).
[W][W][C] Polar Tusk: Deals 60 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does an additional 30 damage and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.
[W][W][C][C] Snowplow: This attack does 70 damage to the Defending Pokémon. Then, choose a Pokémon on your opponent’s bench, and switch it with the Defending Pokémon.
Weakness: [M] Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Alex’s Mamoswine [TU with Del] [W]
HP 190
Thick Fat [Ability]: Damage dealt by attacks from [R] and [W] Pokémon on Alex’s Mamoswine are reduced by 30 damage [before applying Weakness and Resistance].
[W][F][C][C] Glacierslide: Place 8 damage counters on the opponent’s Pokemon in any way you choose.
Weakness: [M] Resistance: [L] Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Alex’s Piloswine [W]
HP 100
[W] [W] Powder Snow: Deals 20 damage. The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.
[W] [W] [C] Snow Tomb: Deals 30 damage. If the Defending Pokémon is Asleep, this attack’s base power is 90.
Weakness: [M] Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Alex’s Swinub [W]
HP 60
[C] Sniff Out: Search your deck for an Energy card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[W] [C] Powder Snow: Deals 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.
Weakness: [M] Retreat Cost: [C]
Alex’s Froslass [W]
HP 90
Isolate [Ability]: As long as Alex’s Froslass is in play, your opponent may only have up to as many Pokémon on his or her bench as you have on yours. If your opponent has more Pokémon on his or her bench than you do when Alex’s Froslass enters play, he or she must choose Benched Pokémon and shuffle them and all cards attached to them into their deck until the number of Benched Pokémon is equal to yours.
[P] Juxtapose: Flip a coin. If heads, switch the number of damage counters on Alex’s Froslass with the number of damage counters on the Defending Pokemon.
[W] [C] Ice Throw: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokémon is [F] type, this attack’s base power is 80.
Weakness: [D] Resistance: [C] Retreat Cost: [C]

Alex’s Snorunt [W]
HP 50
[C] Snivel: If the Defending Pokémon attacks Alex’s Snorunt during your opponent’s next turn, any damage done by the attack is reduced by 20 [after applying Weakness and Resistance]. [Benching either Pokémon ends this effect.]
[C] Bite: Deals 10 damage.
Weakness: [M] Retreat Cost: [C]

Last edited:

sandragon13

Aspiring Trainer
Amy’s Swellow [C]
HP 100
Guts [Ability]: If Amy’s Swellow is Burned, Poisoned, or Confused, the base power of each of its attacks is +40. This does not apply to self-inflicted damage due to Confusion.
[C] Pluck: Choose one of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage to that Pokemon. If that Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool attached to it, discard it.
[C] [C] [C] Sky Dance: Deals 60 damage and remove all Status Conditions from Amy's Swellow. Status Conditions are removed AFTER the damage is dealt.
Weakness: [L] Resistance: [F] Retreat Cost: [C]

Amy’s Swellow [TU with Ashley] [C]
HP 110
Singed Feathers [Ability]: For each [R] energy attached to Amy’s Swellow TU, the base power of each of its attacks is +10.
[C] [C] Target Dive: Choose one of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage to that Pokemon [ignore weakness and resistance for benched Pokemon].
[R] [C] [C] Phoenix Descent: Amy’s Swellow is now Knocked Out. This attack deals 50 damage plus 10 damage for each 10 HP remaining on Amy’s Swellow before this attack was used. If the Defending Pokémon is also Knocked Out by this attack, shuffle Amy’s Swellow and all cards attached to it back into your deck
Weakness: [L] Resistance: [F] Retreat Cost:

Amy’s Taillow [C]
HP 50
[C] Corner: The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat until the end of your opponent’s next turn.
[C] [C] Loud Chirping: Deals 10 damage. Your opponent can’t play any Supporter cards during his or her next turn.
Weakness: [L] Resistance: [F] Retreat Cost:
Amy’s Drifblim [P]
HP 110
Hot Air Lift [Ability]: As long as Amy’s Drifblim is Benched and has Energy attached to it, pay [C] [C] [C] less to retreat your Active Pokémon.
[C] Balloon Bounce: Deals 10 damage. Your opponent switches the defending Pokemon with one of their Benched Pokemon. Then switch Amy's Drifblim with one of your Benched Pokemon.
[C] [C] [C] Drowsy Heat: Deals 40 damage. This attack does 40 damage plus 20 more damage for each [R] Energy attached to Amy’s Drifblim. You may not add more than 60 damage in this way. Amy’s Drifblim is now Asleep [after doing damage].
Weakness: [D] Resistance: [C] Retreat Cost: [C]

Amy’s Drifloon [P]
HP 60
Aimless [Ability]: At any time during your turn [before your attack], you may return Amy’s Drifloon to your hand. [Discard all cards attached to Amy’s Drifloon.] This power can’t be used if Amy’s Drifloon has a Special Condition.
[C] [C] Expand: Deals 10 damage. All damage done to Amy’s Drifloon during your opponent’s next turn is reduced by 10 [after applying Weakness and Resistance].
Weakness: [D] Resistance: [F] Retreat Cost: [C]
Ashley’s Ninetales [R]
HP 100
Heat Mirage [Ability]: If this Pokemon has [R] attached to it and would be damaged by attacks, the opponent must flip two coins. If both coins are tails, ignore all effects of those attacks, including damage.
[R] Super Singe: Deals 20 damage. The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.
[R] [R] [C] Fire Blast: Deals 120 damage. Discard a [R] energy from Ashley’s Ninetales.
Weakness [W] Resistance: Retreat Cost: [C]

Ashley’s Ninetales [TU with Chester] [R]
HP 120
Curse [Ability]: Once during your turn [before your attack], you may move one damage counter from one of your opponent’s Pokémon to another Pokemon.
[D] Nasty Plot: Search your deck for any 2 cards and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[R] [R] [C] Purging Flame: Deals 30 damage. If the Defending Pokémon has any Item cards attached to it, this attack does 60 more damage and put those cards in the Lost Zone [ignore any effects those cards might have on this attack’s damage or effects].
Weakness [W] Resistance: Retreat Cost: [C]

Ashley’s Vulpix [R]
HP 60
[R] Confuse Ray: Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.
[R] [C] Ember: Deals 30 damage. Discard a [R] Energy from Ashley’s Vulpix.
Weakness: [W] Retreat Cost: [C]
Ashley’s Rapidash [R]
HP 100
[R] [C] Flame Charge: Deals 50 damage. Search your deck for a [R] energy card and place it on Ashley’s Rapidash. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[R] [R] [C] [C] Heat Tackle: Deals 120 damage. Ashley’s Rapidash deals 30 damage to itself.
Weakness: [W] Retreat Cost:

Ashley’s Ponyta [R]
HP 50
[R] Reheat: Discard up to 2 Energy cards from your hand. For each card you discarded, draw 2 cards.
[C] [C] Hind Kick: Deals 20 damage. If you have any Benched Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, switch Ashley’s Ponyta with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.
Weakness: [W] Resistance: Retreat Cost:

Last edited: