Salamence ex PK - discuss

Sizor_Lugia

Here is the spoiler:

Salamence ex (C)
160 HP

(R)(R)(C)(C) Volcanic Flame          150
Discard the top 5 cards from your deck

(W)(W)(C)(C) Hydro Wave
Discard all (W) energy attached to Salamence ex. This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's benched pokémon (don't apply weakness and resistance to benched pokémon)

Weakness (C)
Resistance (R)(F)

Retreat cost (C)(C)

This card is really intense. 160 HP and two really strong attacks, but that naturally cost a considerable number of energies and bring negative consequences to you.
But I do still think the first one is really great, when you know how to use it. ;)

Do you think this card can influence the current metagame?

Post your comments, combos...

Thanks

It's broken, no other word for it. To be able to repeatadly knock out stage 2 ex's in a single shot is TOO good. Not to mention it can barely be stopped: an active Latios ex or wobbuffet won't be able to protect form the devastating banch attack.

To all you unbelievers out there, that spoiler is 100% accurate. I saw the card today, everyone was frantically trying to get a hold of it! Played with Altaria ex d (EX: Dargon Frontiers) and this card will slaughter all in it's path. Just don't forget the Holon Farmers.
However, this card will no doubt bring back to life crystal shard. No thinking needed; I am defianately playing some. But seriously, just look at it. That is evil in it's purest form!
I hope our team gets to review this beast, it'd be an honour!

yes in fact it's risky, but if you can deal 150 for three or four turns, keeping cards in your deck (using cards like holon farmer, delcatty ex...)
you win the game

Unfortunately its second attack is not that good... a really weaker version of dark tyranitar's spinning tail attack, you pay more energies, need to discard them, don't affect the defending pokémon...

In fact a combo with altaria ex is insane. I would only use the second attack when necessary, but putting a omastar tech line wouldn't be bad either :)

ooh i dont think the second attacks thaaaaattt bad...pull off 2 and the all basics face the chop!
You can in fact play both attacks in 3 turns with boost energy...
Also Manine d (EX: Dragon Frontiers) practically allows you to only discard 4 cards...another mantine makes it 3, etc. etc.
In my eyes its still unbeleievably broken.

theres 1 card thatis abuseable with this.... cant remember the name of it but the atk something like

take all energy from your grave this atk does 10x each energy card in grave..shuffle all energy back into deck

In my opinion blaziken RS\PK is also a good card to use with it, since when you are using volcanic flame with an active salamence ex, with the discarded cards (and possibly energy) and blaziken poké-power  you are preparing another salamence ex.

combo brokenness

salamance ex pk + delcatty ex + gyarados*

start with gyara, all out blast, switch to delcatty dx, then salamance.. back to gyara n repeat = funny as hell broken

Wow, I think this card is really terrible.....It has no quick attack, meaning it needs alot of time to get off any attack...and it has to discard 5 cards to ko the active pokemon every time...That cost is just insane! 4 energy and discarding 5 cards make its first attack terrible. It second attack is pretty interesting, but since it doesn't hit the active, I don't see it being that great.

The thing is that it fits into the existing Sallygross deck like an hand into a perfect glove. Between Holon's Castaform, Metagross dx pulling energy out of the discard, and Salamance δ as an initial attacker ... the new Sally ex will just just be the perfect finisher.

Papi/Manny said:
Wow, I think this card is really terrible.....It has no quick attack, meaning it needs alot of time to get off any attack...and it has to discard 5 cards to ko the active pokemon every time...That cost is just insane! 4 energy and discarding 5 cards make its first attack terrible. It second attack is pretty interesting, but since it doesn't hit the active, I don't see it being that great.

It looks good on paper, now doesn't it? But seriously, how fast can it be on the field? What are the chances of getting it out fast? 4 Energies for both attacks, even for 150 either to one Pokemon or separating the total to 5 Pokemon equally, it still isn't worth getting KO'ed or Weakened. The first attack discards the first 5 cards of your deck, ok so let's look at my calculation below:-

Starting hand : 7
Prize : 6
4 Turns for Sally:4

Total Cards: 17

So you get 17/60 cards gone. Remaining is 43 Cards. Plus other set ups, you will surely more time:-

Next 4 Turns USING the1st attack: (5x4+4) Cards = 24 Cards

and you get 24+17 out of 60 cards gone. Really Risky if you ask me.

The second attack is kinda horrible. I'm with Papi/Nanny and TylerM all the way. Salamence-ex (PK), FTL?

with the delcatty + gyara i mentioned, if you pull it off.. you have 2 things

1: the ability to wipe out your opponent in....6 turns max
2: a practically infinate deck to kill your opponent with with delcatty abuse

Back