• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sableye V + Flapple and Galarian Zigzagoon (Need Deck Help)

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Crobat V DAA 104
* 3 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117
* 1 Hoopa DAA 111
* 4 Sableye V SSH 120
* 3 Applin RCL 21
* 3 Flapple RCL 22
* 1 Giratina UNM 86

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Grimsley UNM 234
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Energy Retrieval SSH 160
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 3 Piers DAA 165
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 189
* 1 Black Market {*} TEU 134
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 2 Sonia RCL 167
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 3 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Turffield Stadium RCL 170

##Energy - 8

* 6 Darkness Energy XYEnergy 1
* 1 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 1 Hiding {D} Energy DAA 175

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hello everyone! This deck's strategy is to load as many damage counters onto your opponent's Pokemon as possible to score KOs with Sableye V. The main Pokemon I use to achieve this are Flapple RCL 22 and Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117.

I often find that I can't get enough damage counters on my opponent's Pokemon in order to score knockouts. Should I have more Pokemon searching capabilities, or more spread Pokemon? Thickening my Flapple lines and adding Zigzagoons may work, but I think bench space could get complicated.

Thanks in advance if you decide to help out with my deck list! If not, then enjoy! It works pretty well.

I've played a ton of Sableye V since it came out, and the most important thing I've learned is that you need multiple avenues to drop counters that dont overlap in method. The current list I run uses Arctozolt and a couple zigzagoon, and I think it works because there are multiple ways you can get damage counters on your opponent. Flapple and Zigzagoon overlap in the way that you get a one-time ping when it comes into play, and you should probably not be using either as your primary method of dropping damage. A couple different options you can try are adding arctozolt, for a bit of reactionary damage similar to the old Frozen City; Spikemuth, which punishes them switching out; or a combination of Roxie and CEC Weezing, which can deal a very nice bit of spread onto every pokemon. As someone who plays the first of the three, I think that one has the best overall execution when paired with a whole bunch of energy disruption, though I also found room for Spikemuth in there as well.

Given how your list currently looks, I'd honestly drop the Flapple line for a 4th Zigzagoon, a Heal Jamming Mimikyu, and a playset of Weezing, since it gives you a different avenue by which you can drop damage without needing to worry too much about bench space. In the event you do this, I'd swap the Turffields out for 2 Spikemuth and an extra dark energy, regular or special, while swapping the Sonia out for Roxie, just to maximize the amount of ways you can get cheeky damage on your opponent by utilizing Weezing. I'd also swap the Twin energy for a second Hiding Dark, since I assume it was a one-of tech for Flapple, and focus more on straight consistency over energy management, since you're more likely to get boned by bricking than by energy starvation, coming from someone who runs 9 total energy in their list.

Last edited:
Back