Ruling Rulings Question: Marshadow GX, Thunder Mountain, Fairy Charm L

Ambidemisphere

Aspiring Trainer
This came up while I was playing a game at league night. I was playing GardeSyl while my opponent was playing Pikarom. My only Pokemon was a GardeSyl with Fairy Charm L attached, and my opponent had Thunder Mountain and Marshadow GX with two L Energy attached in play and a Pikarom in the discard. This situation raised two questions.

1) Can the Marshadow GX use Full Blitz for 2 Energy with Thunder Mountain in play? At first I figured that the answer would be no since Marshadow is a Fighting type, but the text of Thunder Mountain makes me wonder if it's possible. Thunder Mountain states that "the attacks of Lightning Pokémon cost L less", and Shadow Hunt states that Marshadow can "use the attacks of any Basic Pokémon in the discard." Therefore since Marshadow is just "using" Full Blitz and doesn't "have" it, would Full Blitz still be Pikarom's attack and therefore be subject to Thunder Mountain (since Thunder Mountain just mentions the attacks "of Lightning Pokémon") when Marshadow GX uses it?

2) When Marshadow uses Full Blitz (regardless of its interaction with Thunder Mountain), is it stopped by the Fairy Charm? The Fairy Charm prevents "all damage done to the Fairy Pokémon this card is attached to by attacks from your opponent's Lightning Pokémon GX and Lightning Pokémon EX." Does the word attack here refer to the text of Full Blitz or the action of attacking carried out by Marshadow GX? If it's the former, then under the same line of logic above, Pikarom "has" the attack instead of Marshadow, so the attack is "from" Pikarom. But if it's the latter, then the Fairy Charm does not come into play since the action of attacking is "from" Marshadow.

Any insight is appreciated! If my opponent and I hadn't talked at length about it, I would have just assumed that Thunder Mountain and the Fairy Charm wouldn't come into play at this point, but I figured I would play devil's advocate and get some other opinions. Thanks!

Otaku

The wise fool?
@Audiofreak19 is correct, but I'd like to go into a little more detail, so that anyone reading this can more readily apply this to similar situations in the future.

Marshadow-GX — 150 HP — [F]
Basic

Ability: Shadow Hunt
This Pokémon can use the attacks of Basic Pokémon in your discard pile. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[F][F][C] Beatdown: 120

[F] Peerless Hundred Blows GX: 50×
This attack does 50 damage times the number of basic Energy attached to this Pokémon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

weakness: [P]×2
resistance:
retreat: 1
Thunder Mountain Prism Star
Trainer — Stadium

The attacks of [L] Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s) cost [L] less.

Whenever any player plays an Item or Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of that card done to this Stadium card.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Prism Star Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

The important thing to understand here is that Thunder Mountain {*} only reduces the Energy costs of [L] Pokémon that are on "in play", which doesn't include the disard pile. Generally, if something affects cards in your deck, hand, discard pile, etc. those zones will be clearly named. Marshadow-GX is not a [L] Pokémon, so it cannot benefit from Thunder Mountain {*} directly, even when it has access to an attack that includes [L] in the attack cost.

On the other hand, it has been long established that Pokémon such as Mew-EX can combo with Dimension Valley, shaving [C] off of any of the attacks its "Versatile" Ability allows it to use.

Mew-EX — 120 HP — [P]
Basic

Ability: Versatile
This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent’s). (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[P] Replace
Move as many Energy attached to your Pokémon to your other Pokémon in any way you like.

Pokémon-EX rule: When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

weakness: [P]×2
resistance:
retreat: 1
Dimension Valley
Trainer — Stadium

Each [P] Pokémon’s attacks (both yours and your opponent’s) cost [C] less.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.