Ruling Rules For Sleep

N

NobodyCool

A dumb question from an new TCG player....

If I use an attack that puts the opponent's Pokemon to sleep, do I flip a coin at the end of the first turn that put the pokemon to sleep? Or does flipping not start until the end of the opponent's turn?

The rules state to flip after each turn, so I'm assuming that this means right after my attack too. But I wasn't totally sure since this means that sleep will only work half the time.

Thanks for helping a rookie.

Flipping happens between turns.

My turn ends, flip for sleep.
Your turn ends, flip for sleep.

Etc... repeat until awoken. Evolving, devolving, or Benching the asleep Pokémon removes sleep and all other Special Conditions.

You can't retreat while Asleep.

Flipping happens between turns.

Your turn ends, flip for sleep.

Etc... repeat until awoken. Evolving, devolving, or Benching the asleep Pokémon removes sleep and all other Special Conditions.

You can't retreat while Asleep.
So the flip for sleep happens after your turn ends not during the end right?

Correct. There is a phase between turns, aptly named the Between Turns Phase, after one player's turn ends and the other player's turn begins. Certain actions are resolved during this phase. If any Pokemon are Asleep, you flip to see if they wake up during this phase. Any Poisoned Pokemon receive damage. If any Pokemon are Burned, you flip to see if they take damage. If any of your Pokemon are Paralyzed, they recover during this phase after your turn ends. There are also a handful of Abilities, Trainer cards, etc. that have effects that take place between turns. If none of the listed mechanics or effects are present in the curent game state, then no actions need to be performed between turns and this phase is skipped.

Back