Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

(sgtfrog)

good boi
Great news! I wish we could know the Protagonists names, though. Also I wonder if we get to name our Rotom in the game? And would having that Rotom count as catching it in the Dex?

GlaceonFanatic

Snow King
Pretty sure someone's already said this but the reason Solgaleo is not a fire type is because the sun IS NOT MADE OF FIRE. Many people tend to think this but the heat and light is coming from the nuclear fusion process. This may also be why it's part steel type, because the nuclei in the core can be under enough pressure and form heavier elements depending on the star's size. Just wanted to make that clear because many people are disappointed that it's not fire when stars are not really fire at all..

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
I just want to say to you all!

pokemon_alola_s_adventure_sun_and_moon__by_jai_ti-da4vwd4.jpg

The hype is good! :)

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Pretty sure someone's already said this but the reason Solgaleo is not a fire type is because the sun IS NOT MADE OF FIRE. Many people tend to think this but the heat and light is coming from the nuclear fusion process. This may also be why it's part steel type, because the nuclei in the core can be under enough pressure and form heavier elements depending on the star's size. Just wanted to make that clear because many people are disappointed that it's not fire when stars are not really fire at all..

That may be true, but people who aren't specialized in astronomy aren't going to make this connection by default. People will only really find out if they actually research, and trust me on this, there's not many fans/players out there that is going to search this connection until they get curious. Same with people who aren't going to figure out there's a possible alchemy theme going on and that Solgaleo may be based on the symbol of "The Lion That Devours The Sun", unless research is done on purpose by players who want to find out more.

I can assure you now that no Pokétuber is going to make this connection unless they do actual research towards this type combination in advance. You have more chance they're going to put the connection towards the Nemean Lion instead with its connection to astrology, and while that is just as debatable, its still a heck lot more familar to people, rather than some vague alchemic symbol no one has heard about until now, or a form of astronomy that explains about the Sun/Stars creating metals.

The Sun isn't made of fire, yes, everyone knows that, yet the Sun was always associated with Fire for, like ages. Hell, it creates heat and light, two forces associated with Fire. This is why people automatically associated it with fire, and it doesn't help a lot its signature move was extremely fiery in animation. I myself, can only hope that Sunsteel Strike is a Dual Type move that does Fire type damage and does super effective damage on Bug, Grass and Steel, and/or causes a Burn in addition to its confirmed Mold Breaker effect.

Last edited:

Scooby Doofus

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one that noticed the tiny island with the palm tree? It's in the top-right of the map, obscured by clouds.

ElfieIsLovely

Top Coordinator
Okay since no one's pointed it out; that island smack dab in the ocean looks an awful lot like something we've seen before...

And for dual-typed moves, the TCG could be hinting at this with Steam Siege having dual-typed Pokemon again. Coincidence that it just so happens to be the set Magearna debuts in? :p Flying Press was probably just a test to see how well it ran, and since everyone's Hawlucha and their mother runs it, well. Totally not just for convenience, nah.

Just dear GOD, don't give us those stupid Re-BURST forms.
Oh my God yes! Keep that BS in the anime and the manga (that flopped no shade) I'm praying to Arceus and Jesus that those Yellow and Blue stones are like different Alola style Keystones or for Lunala and Solgaleo. Just give us new megas and I promise we'll all be great. That fusion crap was just an excuse for Ash not to remember Heracross, Glalie, Sceptile, Pidgeot and Charizard.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
On the top right of the fourth island is a beautiful Japanese tower. Could the tower have something to do with Ho-oh and Lugia?

TtT8h5X.jpg

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
Okay since no one's pointed it out; that island smack dab in the ocean looks an awful lot like something we've seen before...

I think this would be a better guess imo. Alola-Region-Island-2.jpg

On the top right of the fourth island is a beautiful Japanese tower. Could the tower have something to do with Ho-oh and Lugia?

TtT8h5X.jpg
Yeah, if you ask me it either has something to do with them or it serves as a gym building like that tower in Lumiose city.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one that noticed the tiny island with the palm tree? It's in the top-right of the map, obscured by clouds.

I noticed it, too. Wonder if it'll have some significance in the game? Maybe a Secret Hideout for yet-to-be-announced Legendary?
A Portal to another (older) region? :rolleyes:

DTheConqueror

Pokemon Researcher
Lillie seems to be the girl in the concept art from teaser #1 who was standing in front of the water thing! She does look the part...

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer
The details are pretty great. Rotom Pokedex is my favorite of the news so far!

Oh my God yes! Keep that BS in the anime and the manga (that flopped no shade) I'm praying to Arceus and Jesus that those Yellow and Blue stones are like different Alola style Keystones or for Lunala and Solgaleo. Just give us new megas and I promise we'll all be great. That fusion crap was just an excuse for Ash not to remember Heracross, Glalie, Sceptile, Pidgeot and Charizard.

To be fair, Ash-Greninja isn't a fusion. Ash and Greninja are two separate entities. And Burst Mode is only in the manga, it's not the same thing as Ash-Greninja.

TtT8h5X.jpg

There's also a cloud that looks like Lugia and apparently one that looks like Ho-Oh on the map. They're on the left side. Though, I don't see the latter. Speaking of the two, I feel like it'd be a bit disappointing if the Johto starters and Ho-Oh + Lugia didn't get something in Generation 7.
  • Johto Classic happened last week.
  • Johto Monopoly is going to be released later on this year.
  • They're pushing Johto merchandise in the Pokemon Centers in Japan apparently.
  • I've heard they're pushing Johto Pokemon in the TCG. And of course... There's Ho-Oh and Wobbuffet BREAK.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
There's also a cloud that looks like Lugia and apparently one that looks like Ho-Oh on the map. They're on the left side. Though, I don't see the latter. Speaking of the two, I feel like it'd be a bit disappointing if the Johto starters and Ho-Oh + Lugia didn't get something in Generation 7.
  • Johto Classic happened last week.
  • Johto Monopoly is going to be released later on this year.
  • They're pushing Johto merchandise in the Pokemon Centers in Japan apparently.
  • I've heard they're pushing Johto Pokemon in the TCG. And of course... There's Ho-Oh and Wobbuffet BREAK.
How did you even find out about the Ho-oh and Lugia in the clouds? I sure hope that means Ho-oh and Lugia are in the games! :p
And Johto Monopoly?

Turquoise

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
The giant tree on the far left island kinda reminds me of Yggdrasil. And the XYZ legendary is based on creatures that live in that tree. So, maybe this is our connection to Kalos?

_Dud_

Aspiring Trainer
I'm probably going to choose Popplio, though it may be considered the unpopular choice (unpopplio), I have an obsession with water types and I'm curious as to what it will evolve into.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
While Solgaleo's steel typing will possibly be the question for years to come (even though some explanations I've heard make sense), Lunala's typing made the most sense as Dark type isn't about actual darkness since in Japan it is known as the "evil-type".

Yeah, but the moon and night have still been associated with Dark (several Dark types such as Umbreon and Murkrow/Honchkrow have a connection to the moon), so Dark would've made the most sense.