Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

Keraunos

Aspiring Trainer
Wow! I knew it's going to based on Hawaii, it's quite popular among Asian people (Not just them, of course).

I'm going to choose Rowlet, I just hope it doesn't evolves into a parrot. ::fingers crossed::

Also, I hope the region itself is quite large than the actual Hawaii hehe. Wait, is this a sequel or Generation 7?

PS; Dolphin pokemon and good god, please give us an electric-type elite four member.

Hackzo23

Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
With the alola region, I have this idea. Hawaii, which the region is based on, is usually a place for people to vacation.
Maybe this could be the case for these games. cause I've read theories about how these games could potentially be like gen 2 where there are 2 regions. Maybe you start in Kalos but right at the beginning you go to alola with your family/mom for vacation and you start your journey there. And when you're done you go back to Kalos and do all the gyms there as well and do the zygarde story.
It would make up for a lack of a 3rd XY game. This could just be the sequel.
As for the legendaries, I think the sun one would be either a pure fire type, or even a fire/electric. It just seems to fit (for me anyways). Maybe cause he looks like a zoid. But the sun can cause lightning so maybe it could be part electric.
And the moon I would say dark/fairy or ghost/fairy. Im leaning more towards dark/fairy. One it looks like it could easily be a dark type but for fairy, its wings have have almost a cosmic feel to them. And it has a third eye on its forehead giving it this mystic vibe. (though the sun legend has a third eye too). But the two types most closely related to the moon would be fairy and dark.

Last edited:

shinysearcher

Help me find a shiny! haha :D
Alola: the official Alomomola region.

I'm really excited for this generation. I am usually excited every time there is a new region, but this has something rather special in it. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels like "home;" it feels like an embrace.

Now, regarding the starters and the legendaries, Game Freak and Nintendo did an exceptional job this time around. I'm really excited for the three starters and for the two legendary Pokémon. I have two 3DSs, so, I will be able to enjoy both versions and the three starters. I just don't want any of them to have disappointing evolutions (I was really disappointed with Quilladin and Chesnaught back then). Also, Solgaleo and Lunaala (hypothetically) are AMAZING! back when the logos leaked, I predicted that the legendaries would be Fire/Electric and Dark/Fairy; and they look like they could be of those types. I am especially amazed with the Moon legendary's design -- it screams beauty, and, although Olympia is a Psychic-type Gym Leader, she seems like the perfect trainer for it.

Also, props to every one of you who predicted the Hawaii-based region!

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
I loved all three starters, but the cat and the owl rock. I predict the cat's final typing would be FIRE_DARK but for the love of God let the seal not be ice, I'd be happy with it being pure water.

Both legends are also pretty cool looking and the region looks pretty neat. I'm so happy that we get to choose skin tone and hair color again, just wished there were more options. For those who saw differences in the clothing, I can't really see it. Could somebody point it out?

Last edited:

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
A Hawai'i themed game is perfect for Pokemon -- especially the starters. With the water, foliage, and volcanoes it's really the perfect meeting of biomes. Also, really switching it up as far as the cast; I love Prof. (assumed) Hala's design and the other designs. And I LOVE the language, so I'm looking forward to a lot of these names :))))))) I feel like it will also have more than 0 water routes like Hoenn, and that was by far my favorite region -- hurray.

I really hope they have some indigenous Hawaiian people/Samoan people working on the game though, it's so easy to mess something like this up when working on cultures with a lot of sacred aspects.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
GUYS GUYS GUYS THE LEGENDS FIGHT IN-GAME!! I FOUND OFFICIAL GAME PICTURE OF THEM FIGHTING!!
latest

BtmnPenguin

Aspiring Trainer
I have always gone with the grass starter in every game, and this one will be no different. Absolutely love Rowlet! I can already see his sassy personality coming out and can tell he'll be fun to watch in the anime.

The trailer was also wonderful and this looks to be a great game so far. Can't wait to see more released information as the months come!

I'm also team Moon! Though the lion looks pretty cool, too. Can't wait!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Lunaala is trying way too hard to be like Yveltal, and Solgaleo is trying way too hard to be like a Mega Pyroar. Don't get me wrong; they'll probably both be good Pokemon, it's just their designs are trying way too hard to be "copies" when they should be their own, unique designs that shine through. Not that they look like a Pokemon that may (Lunaala's case) or may not (Solgaleo's case) exist.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Meh... Just meh...

I already don't like this... for several reasons...

- First, the region. I HATE tropical regions. That's why Hoenn is my least favorite region so far. This one might beat it... Hawaii also isn't a place I ever dreamed of traveling to... I was seriously hoping they would continue the European theme from XY... I would like if they had made a region based on UK or Germany, specially the later to connect with Kalos, which brings me to my second point:

- Screw Gen 6, right GameFreak? Who cares if the mysteries of Kalos were left unsolved? Who cares if the supposed 3rd legendary, Zygarde, who gained an awesome new Forme is being shelved and we won't be able to use it in a Gen 6 game, right?!
The plot of XY was pretty weak but I was expecting a 3rd game based on Zygarde and its connection with the other 2 while also answering a few other questions regarding Kalos' lore would redeem it. After Sun&Moon were announced I knew that wouldn't happen so I thought maybe they'll be some sort of sequels like Johto was to Kanto... But no, they pretty much gave a middle finger to Kalos and called it a day...
I can't believe I'm considering if I should buy one of these games just so I can use Perfect Zygarde in-game... Also, what happened to AZ's floette? Are they going to leave it as unused data?

- About the new Pokémon: Wow, these starters suck big time. Seriously. This is not a new-pokémon-rejection thing... They're pretty lame overall. I see they decided to avoid the tradition of coloring the starters mainly with their type-related color. That's nice but the designs themselves are just silly and a bit too childish for my taste. Ever since the names were revealed and people translated the descriptions, I felt I wouldn't enjoy them much.
A Grass Owl doesn't appeal to me at all.
A fire cat is nice but this one just seems like Grumpy Cat decided to become a Pokémon. Could have been cuter like Fennekin before...
And the seal? After Oshawott, was this really needed? I mean, what's up with the clown nose on sea mammal water starters!? Call it nitpicking, but it's even more exaggerated on this one and just looks dumb.
l have to wait and see their final evolutions to see if I eventually decide on one of them.

The only new Pokémon I really like is Solgaleo (and Magearna, so far), even if it is (only) a bit similar to Pyroar. But maybe that's because I was already expecting a lion for the Sun Legendary. Nonetheless, it looks really good and I like the cosmic element of its face.
I still don't have much of an opinion about Lunarla because honestly, that's got to be one of the weirdest things that ever came to Pokémon and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that is supposed to be... To me, they probably could have saved Cresselia until now and make it Moon's cover legendary...
As for type predictions, so far I only bet on pure Fire for Solgaleo and I think secondary Flying-type for Lunarla is also a safe bet. For its main type, I would say Fairy but Dark is also an option, although after Yveltal, I would prefer if they didn't repeat the typing. Maybe Fairy/Dark with Levitate, that would be cool...

Overall, I'm disappointed but I'll wait and see... Maybe I change my mind...

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Lunaala is trying way too hard to be like Yveltal, and Solgaleo is trying way too hard to be like a Mega Pyroar. Don't get me wrong; they'll probably both be good Pokemon, it's just their designs are trying way too hard to be "copies" when they should be their own, unique designs that shine through. Not that they look like a Pokemon that may (Lunaala's case) or may not (Solgaleo's case) exist.

For Solgaleo, I'm hearing everywhere he's pretty much like Pyroar. I got to disagree. The moment those trademarks fell, it was already pretty much decided on that the Legendary would be a Lion regardless, instead of crazy suggestions like a "shark", or a Leokampoi in my case. Lions are pretty much symbolized by fire and the sun. It barely even looks like Pyroar. Its a more majestic lion than Pyroar could ever be! Look at that flowery furred mane!

Lunaala, however, was harder to determine. The only thing we had, was that a part of its name translated to "Wing". As such, the Legendary itself was going to be a winged creature regardless. Seeing its the Moon, which correlates to darkness and night, a bat makes the most sense. With that, Lunaala hardly looks like Yveltal due to being a bat, and even if it did, it may have been done so on purpose, perhaps to connect to the Gen 6 games, but that is just speculation at the moment.

Calling Lunaala as the "the Queen of Zubats" is way more fitting. More, if anything, Lunaala looks way more similar to Olympia's human character design, from head to the cosmic space cape and wings.

Pokémon looking like one another isn't really a problem because some Pokémon in the past tend to have similar appearances.

Atleast these two aren't Dragon-types, so that's a bonus.

Screw Gen 6, right GameFreak? Who cares if the mysteries of Kalos were left unsolved? Who cares if the supposed 3rd legendary, Zygarde, who gained an awesome new Forme is being shelved and we won't be able to use it in a Gen 6 game, right?!
The plot of XY was pretty weak but I was expecting a 3rd game based on Zygarde and its connection with the other 2 while also answering a few other questions regarding Kalos' lore would redeem it. After Sun&Moon were announced I knew that wouldn't happen so I thought maybe they'll be some sort of sequels like Johto was to Kanto... But no, they pretty much gave a middle finger to Kalos and called it a day...
I can't believe I'm considering if I should buy one of these games just so I can use Perfect Zygarde in-game... Also, what happened to AZ's floette? Are they going to leave it as unused data?

This is a gigantic assumption out of literally nowhere as this was just a mere trailer similar to XY's trailer. There's no proof whatsoever for this until we have the game and played it ourselves, and/or leaks spoil it for you. We don't even know what the game has to offer aside its region, the starters and the said legends. Until then, making assumptions like this is just crazy, but that's just me.

I still don't have much of an opinion about Lunarla because honestly, that's got to be one of the weirdest things that ever came to Pokémon and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that is supposed to be... To me, they probably could have saved Cresselia until now and make it Moon's cover legendary...

Lunaala is a bat mixed with the elements of a object known as a Dream Catcher, and looks similar to Olympia, the Psychic Gym Leader in Gen 6.

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
It's somewhat implied that Sun and Moon are supposed to be Gen VII, and there's no stated word anywhere that Gen VII (if these new games are Gen VII) won't possibly go back to Kalos with the sequel to X/Y.

Arsin88

Aspiring Trainer
this reveal was definitely worth the wait...the sun legendary kind of reminds me of the liger from zoids

godzilla41

https://www.facebook.com/planetscizor
I am definitely going to choose the Cat starter. I can see it evolving into a Fire/Dark or Ghost.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I want to be able to get haircuts again though. Hopefully the skin tone selection is a sign we're getting back to full customisation. The whole personal connection side the marketing has been pushing definitely lends itself to the idea of having more representative in game avatars.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I am definitely going to choose the Cat starter. I can see it evolving into a Fire/Dark or Ghost.

I don't see Litten being part Ghost in its' final evolution; you may be seeing something I'm not. However, I do agree that we may possibly see Litten's final evolution being Fire/Dark.