Rotation Out-In List

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, im still fairly new to the game, i know how to play but i still don't know wich card are ban and wich are not, is there a list that i could see, so i don't play the wrong card or even a site who do update them often, thanks.

Could someone explain me aswell the difference between standard, expanded and i think i saw unlimited somewhere on the forum.

THanks, Creez

Ps: sorry for my english it's not my native language :)

Mora

Don't Panic
Standard format currently consists of cards from the set Boundaries Crossed and on. Every year around Worlds, a few sets rotate and will no longer be legal for Standard play. It is believed that the new Standard format will be XY-On, meaning that cards from XY and any set later than XY will be playable. Expanded format consists of all cards from Black & White and on. Thus far, Expanded format has never rotated. Unlimited format is basically anything goes; you can play almost any card that was every printed.

Most tournaments are Standard format. Expanded format is an alternate format that is usually seen on day 2 of large events, but tournament organizers can choose to have smaller events in Expanded. Sanctioned events rarely if ever support Unlimited format.

If you go up to the top of the page, under TCG you will find all of the TCG Sets. You can click to view Standard, Expanded, or Unlimited Sets. There's also Standard-Legal Card List and Expanded-Legal Card List which might also be helpful.

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
THanks alot i understand better now! since i started not long ago i bought some card, and then after i heard there's a "ban list rotate thing" so i wanted to make sure i could play with mine.Unfortunaly i have dark patch :S wich is in expended format, meh atleast i can still play with it :p. So if i understand correctly every years or so
few set rotate, they had : black and white set wich is expended now, black and pearl ( i didnt look it up if it's standard or not), XY wich is the new Set, so basicly standard format. When they decide to rotate do they take a Set completly like, exemple, this years we will rotate every XY set to make them expanded or they take some set in the XY version?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Yeah, they will take out a set completely. However, many cards from past sets are either reprinted as promos or reprints (so original). This is why N is still viable (Promo 100) despite rotating in Dark Explorers a year ago. Also why Mewtwo-EX has survived two years of rotation - it was reprinted countless times as promos and in the Legendary Treasures reprint set.

I highly doubt XY sets will rotate. I think the Standard format will be XY-on or LT-on.

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
xY are new , i was just using them as exemple , i even said it :p

Thanks alot