Finished Rocket's Revenge! [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Rocket's Revenge!

It's July the 18th, year 2148. World's human population: 0.
Some years before humanity's extinction, Team Rocket saw its opportunity to finally take over the world, as there were less and less trainers to stop them. In the final battle, Team Rocket used its secret weapon, which was supposed to shoot down all humans that weren't wearing Team Rocket's uniforms. However, something went wrong, and it terminated humanity.

We, the Pokémon, have inherited this world. We've lived in peace ever since...until ten years ago. We received the report from one of our satellites, stating that Vermilion City had been destroyed. But that was only the beginning. Month after month, cities were being destroyed one after another. The attackers identified themselves as Team Rocket's Pokémon.

We've spent years preparing for battle, slowly transforming Saffron into a military base; stocking weapons and non-perishable food. Last Monday night, our satellite crashed, leaving us blind and almost defenseless if an attack was to happen. Immediately after, the attack began.

Despite the city's incredible defenses, they managed to take it over. What they ignored until then, was that there are many bunkers underground, all with food, water and weapons. The day after, we spent the day in a bunker, afraid of another attack; but nothing happened. During the night, however, an explosion woke us up. Another attack. They had found one of the bunkers.

The next morning, we went outside. There was nothing. Not a single guard. In the night, there were more loud noises. We came to the conclusion they would act only at night, although we don't understand why yet. Our water supplies are starting to get scarce, so we'll need to face Team Rocket sooner or later. We have changed our schedule so we sleep at day and are awake at night, as it is the only way to beat Team Rocket.

We are the survivors. Our mission: overthrow Team Rocket and save what's left of Kanto.

-Extract from The Survivor's Journal

Get hyped Bonjour, people of PokéBeach! :D It's my first time hosting a game, so I hope you guys have fun!

GAMEPLAY
In this game, you're a survivor of Saffron City's attack / a member of Team Rocket.
  • Each in-game day (consisting of 5 irl days) the Survivors will come to a consensus in what to do during the night The options will be discussed in a QT, but the final choices must be PM'd to me by one of them (They choose who sends the PM, and although it doesn't NEED to be the same person each time, I'd appreciate it for speed purposes).
  • Also, during that time, Team Rocket will plan an attack on one/multiple of the city's places (the place(s) to attack will be chosen in another QT) and one of them (again, they choose who) will PM me the choice.
  • All members of both teams must be performing an action.
  • At the bottom of the PM, the person who sent it may add "Will try to capture enemies." This will cause your team to be less aggressive and try to capture opponents. On the other hand, they may add "Will try to eliminate enemies." This will cause the team to be more aggressive and focus on eliminating the opponents instead of capturing them.
  • One person of your team may stay in your HQ to research the debris found in the map. Through intensive research, that person will discover what the debris originally was. To do this, just add "*insert name here* will stay and research a debris" to the bottom of the actions PM. The debris will be chosen at random, and the updated map will be posted in the team's QT. The utility of this will be revealed later in the game.
  • I will be checking the QTs pretty often to verify the choices PM'd are indeed the ones chosen in the QT. If not, well...I'll leave that to his teammates :p
  • At the in-game night, I will post another page of The Survivor's Journal, explaining what happened that night, based on what the Survivors decided to do and where Team Rocket decided to attack. If the Survivors predict right and place their guards right, a fight will take place, and things may or may not happen depending on the number of guards and the range of their weapons. Of course, the number of attackers and the range of their weapons also matters.
  • If Survivors predict wrong, however, the guard(s) may or may not be able to intercept Team Rocket, depending, again, on their number and range of weapons.

Be clever about where you place your guards though, the attack could come from anywhere! :D

If you capture a member of the opposing team, you will be able to interrogate them. Interrogating works like this:
  • The person who will be interrogating the prisoner will PM me up to 3 questions, and then I'll leave to random.org. These could be about absolutely anything (who has a long-range weapon in your team, who comes up with the best ideas, etc.)
  • For each question, three things may happen: The prisoner will answer (the answer is guaranteed to be true), the prisoner will refuse to answer, or his team will kill them so they don't speak. Each of them has the same chance of happening.

Don't forget your prisoner will try to escape at any chance he gets, so make sure you have him under surveillance at all times!

[img=700x300]http://i.imgur.com/zrL9j7G.jpg[/img]
Ik it's a pretty simple map, but Paint is all I have xD
Ex (where Survivors place the guard in the place where Rockets don't attack):
Survivors decided to place a guard with a short-range weapon at the door of Sylph Co.
Team Rocket decided to attack the City Gym.

Update would be something like:
After a long discussion, we decided to place a guard at the door of Sylph Co, expecting an attack there. However, Team Rocket attacked the City Gym, so our guard was useless where we put it, since it didn't have the appropriate type of weapon. He tried to run after them, but they shot him. Thankfully, he survived, due to the shot being slightly inaccurate. This was due to the Rocket's weapon's range.

Ex 2 (where Survivors get it right and Rockets attack the place they are guarding):
Survivors decided to place a guard with a short-range weapon at the door of Sylph Co.
Team Rocket decided to attack Sylph Co.

Sample Update:
After yesterday's failure, we decided to place the same guard in the same place, thinking the Rockets would attack there. We were right. Thanks to the speed and agility of our guard, he easily handled the 2 Rocket members sent to attack. We caught them alive, which may prove useful later.

Ex 3 (where Survivors get it wrong but have the appropriate weapon):
Survivors decided to place a guard with a long-range weapon at the roof of Sylph Co.
Rockets decided to attack the City Gym.

Sample Update:
We succeeded yesterday, and tried to make our prisoners speak. One of them did, and told us next attack Rockets would split between different locations. Consequently, we placed a guard with a long-range weapon and good aim at the roof of Sylph Co., the tallest building in Saffron. He spotted a couple of Rockets, but only shot one due to his low reflexes.

Ex 4 (where Survivors predict right but have wrong type of weapon):
Survivors decided to place a guard with a long-range weapon on the City Gym.
Rockets decided to attack the City Gym.

Sample Update:
Due to yesterday's not complete success, we decided to place the same guard with the same weapon at the door of Sylph Co., so he could shoot more if he spotted them. However, Team Rocket decided to attack only the building, so our guard had to fight them with his long-range weapon. Due to the range of the weapon, his shots were less accurate, but more powerful. He managed to escape.

Updates will be more lengthy than that, though xD

SIGNING UP

You will need to submit a character (which, obviously, must be a Pokémon) following this form:
Standard application said:
Pokémon: The species won't really matter stats-wise, but please no legends or Magikarp.
In-Game Name (IGN):
Personality:
Side: Team Rocket/Survivors. If you don't choose one, it will be assigned randomly and posted in the thread.
Weapon: This could be anything within reason. We're in the future, be creative! :p If you don't want your super-hyper-mega cool weapon to be known, you can PM it to me! :D
Weapon Range: Long / Medium / Short
Long=Targets up to 2 buildings away can be shot accurately. Targets closer than that will be shot somewhat less accurately, but the shot will be more powerful. Targets farther than that will be shot somewhat less accurately, and the shot will be slightly weaker.
Medium=Targets up to 1 building away can be shot accurately. Targets closer than that will be shot with the same accuracy but with more power. Targets farther than that will be shot with the same accuracy but with significantly less power.
Close= Targets up to half a building away can be shot accurately. Targets closer than that will be shot with more accuracy and more power. Targets farther than that will be shot with significantly less accuracy and power.
Standard application said:
Code:
[b]Pokémon:[/b]
[b]In-Game Name (IGN):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Side:[/b] 
[b]Weapon:[/b] 
[b]Weapon Range:[/b]
Applications will be posted in this thread, and I'll PM you with more information about your character, including the link to the QT. You will be assigned a special Ability/Abilities and 1-2 moves. You can talk about them in your respective QT, but not in the thread. Nowhere, actually. Just in the QT.

The goal of the game is eliminate / capture the other team, not finding out who the other team is. You are encouraged to roleplay in the thread, but you may not talk about the actions that will take place in the night, this is to prevent Survivors from having the edge and to prevent Rockets from being able to trick the Survivors. You may however talk about what happened a previous night. Mistakes, better plays, etc. You may talk with anyone, including the opposing team. You cannot talk about the game anywhere other than your respective QT and/or the thread unless it's for advertising purposes.

If you have any questions, please post them in the thread, they might help other people too! :D

**ALL RULES APPLY TO EVERY CHARACTER UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE**

The initial limit will be of 16 players, but if this gets popular I can do a bit more. If the teams are uneven when the game starts (not likely to happen, but prepared for it anyway), the teams will be evened in the 1st update. Who dies depends on the locations chosen by the teams.
Sign-ups close when there are 16 players. Anyone willing to join before the 3rd update is posted is welcome!
Have fun!

1.Keeper of NightDied N2.5 due to being eaten.
2.Plasma DragonDied N3 due to attacks.
3.GM DracLord Died N2.5 due to attacks.
4.SquirtleSquad Died N1 due to a mysterious reason.
5.Oreo9238 Died N2.5 due to attacks.
6.Lugia123
7.Celever Is a Rocket.
1.bbninjas
2.NameBlank Died N1 due to gunfire Revived N4.
3.Jeremy1026 Died N2.5 due to fire.
4.PhantomHaze
5.Scorched Feathers Died N2.5 due to poisoned berries.
6.Tyrantrum-Rexy (NPC) Died N2.5 due to fire. Revived N4.
7.Zoroark (NPC)
8.Celever

Pokémon: Absol
In-Game Name (IGN): Obsidian
Personality: Caring, but is majorly ignored, due to being the Disaster Pokemon.
Side: ???
Weapon: Scope Lens! Go Critical Hits!
Weapon Range: Medium

In!
Pokemon: Wobbuffet
IGN: Name (sorry)
Personality: Clumsy, Patient
Side: ?
Weapon: Dual Energy Knifes
Range: Close

You both are Team Rocket! I'll PM you the rest of your roles shortly :D

Pokémon: (Dark) Jolteon
In-Game Name (IGN): Sparky
Personality: Dangerous when angered. It likes to playfully spark others with the electricity it stores within its body.
Side: Team Rocket
Weapon: Brain control embedded microchip.

What's with everybody choosing Rocket? I was going to do that!

Pokémon: Krookodile
In-Game Name (IGN): Brutus
Personality: Knows his strength and is proud of it. Old-fashioned in his fighting techniques. Not like anything is stronger than his jaws anyway, right? Once a member of Team Rocket, he joined the opposing team for the thrill of it. He doesn't care which sides wins, really, so long as he has a good fight or two.
"Things are easier to look at when they're brought down to size." - Brutus
Side: Survivors
Weapon: Physical Moves (Earthquake, Crunch, ect.) / Missile Launcher, because why not?
Weapon Range: (Needs to be added to the code.) Medium

this game looks like fun! see ya Brutus!
Pokémon: Metagross (no Zekrom? :( )
In-Game Name (IGN): Team Magma's Metagross
Personality: unstoppable, he will never forgive Team Rocket for for killing his beloved Team Magma trainer.
Side: Survivors
Weapon: Hyper Cannon Arms

@Keeper: Fixed :p
@Plasma Dragon: No, it wouldn't fit in the bunker, would it? :p Btw, you can only have one weapon.

*sighs*
*makes a bigger bunker*
*Zekrom still doesn't fit*

Vom said:
*sighs*
*makes a bigger bunker*
*Zekrom still doesn't fit*
Zekroms only 9 and a half feet tall...btw Gulurk is 9 feet 2 inch's tall thats only a 4 inch difference so make it like a foot taller!

I give this a try!
Pokémon: Infernape
In-Game Name (IGN):
Personality: Cunning and Thoughtful. He isn't afraid to get his hand dirty and is a master of deceiving others. He is nibble and has incredible power
Side: Team Rocket
Weapon: Choice Band
Weapon Range: Close

To the people looking at the thread (and the players, obviously): Should the IGN be taken out? Do you think it's affecting people's decisions in joining or not joining?
It's not like the IGN is the most important thing ever :p

Pokémon: Flygon
In-Game Name (IGN): Drac
Personality: A bit mysterious. Love to stay hidden when doing his deeds. Quite a prankster. Not really trusting of others but for those who she respect, they would have her utmost respect and trust.
Side: Survivor (Amazingly I do thing Flygon would really belong to the rocket)
Weapon: Magical Staff (Her element moves are channel through her staff to give the range that she need)
Weapon Range: Long

Vom said:
To the people looking at the thread (and the players, obviously): Should the IGN be taken out? Do you think it's affecting people's decisions in joining or not joining?
It's not like the IGN is the most important thing ever :p

I like them tbh, similar to Convicted, it gives more life to the characters. If there are people not joining because we will role-play as these characters, they aren't the kind of people we would want in a role-playing game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back