TCG Fakes Roaring_Inferno's Text Based Fakes

Would like some feedback.
If we're being honest, I am seeing that a lot of these cards being mostly rehashes of old cards with improvements. I do think you have potential as a faker, though. If you don't mind, do you think you could create for me an Emboar that has the attack name "Flame Quake"?

I do look forward to seeing how you grow as a faker.

Last edited:
Nice start, Inferno! I'm particularly excited to see that you've got proper captilisations on all your cards, as it makes things more realistic and easier to read for your viewers. Anyways, you may like to begin looking at your attack effects. As TGK mentioned, your attacks are commonly used throughout the TCG. I think that with some work, you'll be able to start designing highly unique/different effects.

To start off with, I also suggest you go ahead and make another Emboar with Flame Quake like TGK suggested. When designing an effect based on a name, I try to visualise what the attack would do if it was in the anime/real life. I try to think of how the attack would do the damage, and what side effects the attack may have. I think of mechanics that are available in the TCG (damage/damage modifiers; energy; discarding cards; Special Conditions; switching Pokemon; spread damage; reducing damage; protecting damage; as a shortlist) that could be used to represent this attack, and go from there.

Anywhohow, I'm looking forward to more cards!

If we're being honest, I am seeing that a lot of these cards being mostly rehashes of old cards with improvements. I do think you have potential as a faker, though. If you don't mind, do you think you could create for me an Emboar that has the attack name "Flame Quake"?

I do look forward to seeing how you grow as a faker.

Nice start, Inferno! I'm particularly excited to see that you've got proper captilisations on all your cards, as it makes things more realistic and easier to read for your viewers. Anyways, you may like to begin looking at your attack effects. As TGK mentioned, your attacks are commonly used throughout the TCG. I think that with some work, you'll be able to start designing highly unique/different effects.

To start off with, I also suggest you go ahead and make another Emboar with Flame Quake like TGK suggested. When designing an effect based on a name, I try to visualise what the attack would do if it was in the anime/real life. I try to think of how the attack would do the damage, and what side effects the attack may have. I think of mechanics that are available in the TCG (damage/damage modifiers; energy; discarding cards; Special Conditions; switching Pokemon; spread damage; reducing damage; protecting damage; as a shortlist) that could be used to represent this attack, and go from there.

Anywhohow, I'm looking forward to more cards!

Yeah, looking back on it, they are kinda rehashes. I was kinda lost and didn't really know what to do as a first fake. Any suggestions for an effect? I'm thinking maybe an effect that involves discarding the top x cards from your deck?

Yeah, looking back on it, they are kinda rehashes. I was kinda lost and didn't really know what to do as a first fake. Any suggestions for an effect? I'm thinking maybe an effect that involves discarding the top x cards from your deck?
your job, as the faker, is to create effects. Surprise me!

Okay, that's a start. Now think about what small change you could make to the generic "Discard the top 3 cards of your deck." more interesting.

I'd just like to say I really like "Bag" for some reason, the simplicity of the effect is just really nice.

That said, I do agree that changing up the effects would be good. Try thinking outside the box a little, or check Bulbapedia and see what the Pokemon's moves are, what its Pokedex entry says, maybe watch some videos that inspire you. That's how I make my cards.

Back