DPPt/HGSS RNG Question...

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
Hello!

I have a question... I have already been taking advantage of the RNG by getting some shinies and pokemon with the right nature/ability. I've done so many, I've gotten the hang of it, and it's second nature.

Now, the next step for me, is RNGing for IVs. I've attempted it once, and I've encountered a problem.

Once I get everything calibrated, everything set for my final run, and hatch the egg, I can't check it's IVs without giving it Rare Candies. I don't own an AR, so I can't just press "L + R" to check the IVs, and reset. If I save before I give it the Rare candies, and if it's not the right frame, I have to do it all over again.

So, my question is: How can I accurately check IVs without saving, Rare Cadies, or AR?

BTW, I'm on Diamond, and I don't think the guy that can check IVs in the Battle Tower is in the game.

Thanks for you help!:D

If you have Wi-Fi, you can do a lv. 100 battle. Since the Poke scales to 100, you can check its stats that way. If that isn't an option, I don't know what to tell you.

Well, I do have Wi-Fi, and that would be a great way to solve the problem. However, like all Wi-Fi activities, it involves saving. So if it doesn't have the IVs I want, I have to do it all again. Which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks anyway, though. :)

You can actually get the IV's pretty easily with RNG Reporter. After you hatch the egg, obtain a high-leveled Pokémon (the best way to do it Rare Candy-free would be just to fly to the Battle Zone and catch a 50+ wild Pokémon), and put its stats/IV's along with the date and time into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder to find the seed you hit. Once it calculates the seed, press "OK" and it should copy that seed to the clipboard in the "Seed (Hex)" field. From there, on the clipboard select "DPPt Egg PID (Normal)" from the Method drop-down box (unless you're breeding international parents, in which case you'd just click on the international option under "(Normal)"), and then click the "Generate" button. When it displays all the according spreads down below, find your calibrated frame, and it should match what you've just bred. You're simply finding the seed and the spread on a particular frame within that seed.

^edit: I should add that you can use the Coin Flip trick to find your seed in this case too. If you want to do it this way, put the desired seed into the "Seed to Time" function, then click both "Generate" buttons. The bottom window will then display all the adjacent seeds, so if you were slightly off you can use your flips to find what seed you actually hit from the list. Also, because you're finding a seed, wandering NPC's don't affect the process, so don't worry if you have to fly or walk long distances where the frame is advanced by a large number.

Alternatively if you don't already use the calculator and have a small number of Rare Candy (like around ten), you can use MetalKid's IV Calculator and calculate IV's in enough rows to narrow it down to a point where you can make the distinction of whether or not you got the Pokémon you were looking for. If the range is still to broad, you can put the range of IV's for each stat into RNG Reporter's Time Finder under "Egg IV's" and search for your spread in there by finding the matching time/delay/frame, but already that's a bit of an extensive process that requires some time depending on how much information you have on your breeding setup and target seed/frame. Still, if done correctly you can find your IV's to the exact integer.

Hope I was able to help a little. :)

Back