RNG problem (Non C-Gear seed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
Ok. I did all my parameter finding mumbo-jumbo, and found a nice result. I calculated a route, and got the necessary number of Pokémon in my party. I loaded up the DS, set my time and date to the one shown, and hit A one second (That was my offset) before what the result showed.

I get into my game, walk the calculated route, and capture a perfect IV Frillish. One problem. It didn't have the right ability, but my Synchronizer took care of the nature. So I reset, did the while time reset thing, and fired it up again until I hit a Modest nature, with the right ability. Great! I did a dance, and went to double check my IVs.:headbang

For some reason, every time (I've done this quite a lot) I hit Modest with Water Absorb, my IVs mess up. But when I don't, and get the wrong nature/ability combo, the IVs are what I saw in the result.

Now my question in this. I remember reading somewhere that some nature/ability combos can't happen with some IVs. I thought that Gen 5 got rid of that, but I guess I'm wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Should I find a different result and hope that one is compatible?

Thank you for your time, it's greatly appreciated. :)

Well, um, I'm kinda embarrassed here.

I just hit the perfect Frillish, while not changing anything I did. I think it was a matter of my accuracy on pressing A at the beginning.

Now I just gotta figure this breeding thing out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back