Risk: Forum Game: United States Edition: Azelf's Turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuy

Member since '09
Risk-logo-design.jpg

Risk the Game of Global Domination: Forum Game Edition: United States Maps

The game of Risk is a fast paced game of World Domination. Where six players place there armies and begin World War, making alliances and enemies, their only goal is to take over the whole world. In this game the place is the United States, six people will fight to try and control all fifty states, including Alaska and Hawaii to show that they are truly the best conqueror.

The Rules

Object

The first player to occupy all fifty states on the game board wins the game.

Details of Play

Each player will start with 25 armies to begin placing on each of the territories. After randomization of the order of the players, each player will begin placing. The first player will place one army on any territory on the map (Show near the bottom of the post). In turn all players after will do the same to an unoccupied territory until all fifty are occupied. The players may then put the rest of their armies on any of the territories occupied by their own color to fortify it. From now on, all territories must have at least one army on it. Now the players are ready to start the campaigns.

Deploying Armies

At the beginning of each players turn they will be given additional armies to deploy in their attack, and their defense. The amount is determined by (1) the number of territories that person occupies, (2) the number of complete regions a person occupies, the number of matched risk card sets he can exchange for armies.

The Number of Armies Gained by Territory

After counting the amount of territories the player occupies at the beginning of their turn they will receive that number divided by three (discarding the fraction) to place on any of his or her territories. Even if a player has less than nine territories they will always gain three.

The Number of Armies gained by Region

Each player will also gain armies from owning all of the territories in one specific region, the amount is determined by each specific region, and that number can be seen in the lower left hand corner of the region map. (Shown Near the Bottom) For example if a player owned the complete Midwest they would be able to deploy seven more armies.

The Number of Armies Gained by Cards

On each players turn a player may be able to draw one card, determined by if he captures any territories. (with three cards to start the game) (These cards will be PMd to the player by the GM on what he draws). That player, if they have three of the same design (horseman, cannon, foot soldier), or one of each design, or any two cards plus a wild card. If a player has five cards, they must play a match (It's impossible not to). The amount of armies received over time changes over the course of the game though. The first set of cards, is four, the second is six and falling into 8, 10, 12, 15 after. If cards are played after the number is increased by five each time. These armies may then be placed anywhere on that players occupied territories by telling the GM in the thread which territories and how much on each.

Attacking

A player on his turn may attack any territory from another of his territories that is adjacent of that other territory, or connected by a line, like Alaska to Washington. The territory attacking must have at least two armies to attack. When a player is allowed to attack he may announce in bold text, that he is attacking from (insert the territory he is attacking from) and then to (inset the territory he wishes to attack). The victor of the attack is determined by the roll of the dice.

The attacker may use as many dice as he has armies minus one, though he may only use up to three dice. The defender will use two die, as long as he has two armies in that territory, if not he will use one die. The attacker, when announcing his attack will announce how many dice he wishes to use. The dice are then rolled by the GM (randomized) and the highest pair is compared. The person with the lower roll loses one army, in the case of a tie, the defender wins. If both players have at least two dice, the two highest pairs will be compared and it will be possible from one side to lose two armies. The attacker may stop the attack, or continue the attack at any time. His attack ends when he has one army in his attacking territory, or he has captured the other territory, the other territory is determined captured when no armies are in it, the attacking play must then move in as many armies equal to the amount of dice he threw, announcing this in the thread. He may then continue to attack another territory, or to stop his or her attack.

When a player is eliminated and loses his last territory, the attacker receives that territory and the losing players cards, if the number is over five, he must turn in the matches then and receive his armies.

If a player has captured any territory on his turn he will be PMd a new risk card to play.

Fortifying Territories

After attacking and before the end of that players turn they may fortify their armies, by moving them in a fashion that moves through territories that are adjacent to each other one and only one territory at a time. Also remember that one army must be left in each territory when fortifying.

Basic Turn Play

This section will tell you the basics to do on your turn.

1. After the GM tells you how many armies you have and updates the game boards, turn in cards.

2. After the amount of armies you have is updated, you may place them in whichever territory you like that you occupy.

3. Attack other players

4. Collect your card via PM.

5. Fortify your armies with an updated gameboard, then announce in bold, that your turn is over.

Table Talk

You may make alliances with other players in this game, but like in real life, they don't need to be honored. They also must be said in the game thread, PMing other players or private talkting with other players or non players about the game is not allowed

Information About the Current Game

This is where you may see information about the current game in progress.

Card Turn Ins

Card Turn in One 4 Armies: Zyflair
Card Turn in Two 6 Armies: Dark Void
Card Turn in Three 8 Armies: NONE
Card Turn in Four 10 Armies: NONE
Card Turn in Five 12 Armies: NONE
Card Turn in Six 15 Armies: NONE
Card Turn in Seven 20 Armies: NONE

Players and their Color
1. Zyflair
2. The Power of Three
3. Bippa201
4. shampoo-thief
5. batui4
6. Dark Void

Subs:
1. Azelf Master
2. TheDarkLucario
3. Spoink!
4. Pokemon99

Map of Territories

regionmapgw6.png

Map of Who Owns What and How Many Armies are on Each

auguw5.png

How to Signup

PM me this form:

Username:
Have you ever played Risk?:
Do you have any questions about the game?

Other Stuff:

If you have any question don't hesitate to PM me or post the question in the thread​

RE: Risk: Forum Game: United States Edition

The order has been randomized and here is the turn order:

1. batui4
2. Zyflair
3. shampoo-thief
4. Dark Void
5. Bippa
6. The Power of Three

batui4, please post the first state you wish to occupy.

Come on batui! I wanna play! D=

New england please.

And sorry that I have a life.

/me facepaws.

STATE. NOT REGION.

new hampershire .sorry got them mixed up when you never look at a map and don't memorize them

If you don't know the state names: you can use this map: http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/science_fair_projects_encyclopedia/upload/thumb/a/a0/800px-Map_of_USA_showing_state_names.png

I'm taking Florida.

No I do its just that I needed to look at a map to refresh me

Aw, I was gonna pick Florida...oh well, good choice Zylair! I'll pick Texas instead.

Oh come on...I literally just finished drawing up my own map and labeling it...I knew this was gonna happen...

In before Bippa and Shampoo-thief sign non-aggression pact.

Why want tpo3 post already.I also hope no one knows what I plan on doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back