Rise of Scizor Prime?

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
special energy is seeing more and more play. decks like CaKE and 6 Corners as well as many other decks all utilize rainbow energy, DCE, and the new upcoming prism energy.

Will this lead to a rise of Scizor Prime?
Are there any ways to utilize him properly in a deck as a tech or main attacker?
Thoughts anyone?

27th_wonder

pegasus boots: hyrule's finest and fastest
I'm fairly sure there was a thread like this a while back...

anyway, if everyone with mewtwo starts running DCE, then scizor does look like a great anti-meta card.

he even may become the Anti-meta hero

RogueChomp

Team DBT
I don't think scizor prime will see much play. You see, once your opponent sees a scyther, they will think u are most likely playing scizor prime, thus they won't attach special energies. I think a fun and annoying would be scizor prime, vileplume, smoochum (for moving special energie onto attackers so they can't damage scizor) Shaymin hurts scizor prime alot, and fire types do too. Unfortunately, I don't think Scizor prime will see much play.

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
but lets say you do get out a scizor prime.

against 6 corners, they cant do anything against you
would scizor prime not sweep the feild?
prism energies, rainbow energies, and dce will usually be the energies of choice for 6 corners

Kingdra_fan

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to see a rise in scizor prime :D
I have a playset in a folder but never really had the chance to use them yet, I would like to see him get a rise in play :) he is one of my favourite looking primes :D

6 Corners normally runs grass and sometimes fighting, but I think by the time the found the low count of that energy and put it on an attacker you would have knocked them out already possibly ? And that would limit them to terrakion and Virizion (or put the energy onto a reshiram and outrage over and over?)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Reshiram is the reason why Scizor Prime will never see play for
the rest of this format. Sure TyRam is dying out but Reshiram is still played
in Donphan & Dragons and The Truth.

There's also no doubt that Reshiram EX will see play however it might depend
on DCE a bit like how Zekrom EX will be used and If so then Scizor Prime only
needs to worry about regular Reshiram.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
And there ARE decks that don't play/need Special Energy. Durant doesn't NEED it; EelZone doesn't need it really, TyRam doesn't need it, MagneBoar doesn't need it, CaKE doesn't need it, etc. Sure, if you play 6 Corners, you're set. But against anything else, Scizor is just a wasted attacker.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
Scizorliscious said:
And there ARE decks that don't play/need Special Energy. Durant doesn't NEED it; EelZone doesn't need it really, TyRam doesn't need it, MagneBoar doesn't need it, CaKE doesn't need it, etc. Sure, if you play 6 Corners, you're set. But against anything else, Scizor is just a wasted attacker.

These are the only true statements there, in my opinion, but two of the three are huge decks right now. I have not once considered Special Energy in a Magnezone list, so I don't see Scizor Prime as any sort of a threat.

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.
The decks Scizor does not have an advantage over out weigh the ones he does do well against.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
blargh257 said:
These are the only true statements there, in my opinion, but two of the three are huge decks right now. I have not once considered Special Energy in a Magnezone list, so I don't see Scizor Prime as any sort of a threat.
Well, first of all, Durant wouldn't even damage Scizor anyways, so Special Metal there doesn't matter.
CaKE can just use Cobalion with basic energy attached to KO the Scizor once it's played down. It doesn't have to rely on special energy against Scizor because Scizor's really not that great.

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
Scizor Prime won't work at all in the upcoming states format. While it will be 6-Prizes just due to the fact it's running Rainbow/Prism/DCE, Scizor loses to Zek EX, Mageel, Reshi EX, and M2. Ya, it loses to M2 big time (only uses DCE and the second they see scyther they just won't use it), doesn't even stand a chance w/ only 100 HP. You have to remember, every energy you add on to do more damage, you're letting M2 do more. The mirror will also be very stupid to watch as well, unless you tech for mirror which you shouldn't even bother to do because there will barely be any mirror. Great thought for the first five seconds, not even remotely good after that though.