• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Riptide Gator (Feraligatr/Zebstrika/Ribombee)

DrakenNinja

Aspiring Trainer

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Cutiefly BUS 95
* 2 Ribombee BUS 6
* 3 Totodile SLG 18
* 2 Croconaw SLG 19
* 3 Feraligatr DRM 24
* 1 Ditto ◇ LOT 154
* 2 Blitzle LOT 81
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Crasher Wake FLI 104
* 3 Sightseer LOT 189

##Energy - 16

* 16 Water Energy SUM 166

Total Cards - 60

Hi there Guy,
Since the Feraligatr from neo destinies was anounced to be reprinted I was hyped to make a deck with it (Feraligatr is one of my favourite Pokémon). So Is went testing it with the power draw Swampert but that just wouln't work at all because it was to hard to get those stage2 pijn all out. After lost thunder was released I found zebstrika from that set and together with Ribombee I saw a potential combo (see decklist above).

The strategy of this deck is as follows:
In the best situation I have 1 gatr in the active 1 zebstrika , 2 ribombee, 1 back up gatr. There are 2 ngr attached to my active gatr and one nrg to my benched gatr.
Zebstrika An ribombee are there to give me the nrg the I need and het those nrg in my discard useing downpour. The problem that I have is that my set up is a bit slow and I can not get the nrg consistanly eneuf in my discord. Can some of you help me with this problem?

If there are questions feel free to ask.
Thnx in advance.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
First - you're just not running enough draw support. 8 is not enough, even with crasher wake.

In the day of Professor Elm's, I'm not sure you're going to be able to make this competitive with anything close to a top deck without a better way to set up turn 1. You probably should go to many more Lillies, for starters, as that probably should be your turn 1 supporter if you don't have 3 water energy in your starting hand.

Given how complicated this setup is, you could also use Apricorn Maker, though I'm not a big fan, but getting a bunch more nest/ultra balls will be productive also. You're playing 19 pokemon, so probably enough that you could play Great Ball also (and odds are turn 1 you could make good use of whatever you draw).

You may want to think about Alolan Vulpix (maybe/maybe not Ninetales, but at least Vulpix) also to help your setup.

Finally, I think you should reconsider Swampert. The big draw power helps your consistency loads. I'd like Swampert a lot more than Zebstrika. You shouldn't have too hard a time getting rare candies between crasher's wake and perhaps a fairy A9.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
If you need energy in your discard, I would play 1-2 shuckle from Lost Thunder. When you play one onto your bench, you get to immediately discard 3 energy from your deck. Also, especially since you're discarding lots of water energy, Aqua Patch might not be a bad idea just to accelerate some more energy, and charge up Feraligatrs in 1 turn. Not entirely sure how the deck plays so I can't say what you should take out if you do want to try those ideas, but I thought I would suggest it just in case. Hope this helps!