• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard RillaRay (Rayquaza GX/Rillaboom)

momand

Aspiring Trainer
VikaRay was powerful so why not lol

Pokemon:
4x Rayquaza GX
3x Grookey
3x Rillaboom (Voltage Beat)
2x Dedenne GX
1x Shaymin Prism Star
1x Tapu Koko Prism Star
1x Zeraora GX

Trainers:
4x Professor's Research
3x Marnie
2x Cynthia
2x Rosa (Gets a Rillaboom, Rare Candy and an Energy. Sick)
1x Volkner

4x Quick Ball
4x Rare Candy
3x Pokemon Communication
2x Cherish Ball
1x Fishing Rod
1x Great Catcher

4x Chaotic Swell

Energy:
8x Grass Energy
5x Lightning Energy

Deck is obviously theorycraft. We don't know what's even going to be coming out of the actual set or the meta that will come out of it.

Last edited:
Have you considered dropping something for an Elm's Lecture? Just a single copy could make your early game much more consistent since Grookey has 60 Hp. You may also want to consider UNB Mew, since things like Stinger on Naga GX or, perhaps more importantly, Cramorant V's second attack can OHKO your Dedenne.

Also, Rillaboom only gets Grass energy from deck, so you may want to have more consistent electric energy search with some cards like Viridian Forest. Not just one Volkner (and Rosa, which may be pretty inconsistent if you and your opponent are both stuck).

Have you considered dropping something for an Elm's Lecture? Just a single copy could make your early game much more consistent since Grookey has 60 Hp. You may also want to consider UNB Mew, since things like Stinger on Naga GX or, perhaps more importantly, Cramorant V's second attack can OHKO your Dedenne.

Also, Rillaboom only gets Grass energy from deck, so you may want to have more consistent electric energy search with some cards like Viridian Forest. Not just one Volkner (and Rosa, which may be pretty inconsistent if you and your opponent are both stuck).
I don't like Lecture in this deck for a number of reasons, primarily being that I don't play (or have room for) any Pokegear, you can't play it going first on T1, and Quick Ball is just so much better.

However, I do agree with you that the deck needs more consistent ways of getting out Lightning Energy other than the 1-of Volkner and the 2 Rosas, as well as playing Mew UNB. I also want to play Faba for the Malamar and ADP MU (assuming they'll still be big going into SWSH)

-4 Chaotic Swell
-1 Volkner

+3 Viridian Forest
+1 Mew
+1 Faba

Back