[[Retro Redux]] :: All your favorite retro decks and cards, in one place.

Martainia

Has A Delivery
I've recently become somewhat addicted to the olden days of the pokemon tcg. And played some games with a friend using the old sets; Classic through Neo Destiny.

This format allows for awesome possibilities, strangely much like the game we play now.
The numbers are just...smaller.

This thread is for discussion on these cards and decks, of which we can all either get a refreshing glimpse at the past, or feel the excitement of new cards if you never had the chance to see them.
I miss it.
You should, too.

I'll start off the conversation with a deck I ran today, based on Sabrina's Gengar and Dark Golbat.
The strategy is pretty much simple enough. Gallade 4?
Yessir.

Post your decks from the past here!
Please... Feed my hunger... ;B

Oh, my all time favorite is still SalaMenace. It was based on these two pearls:

Salamence Ex PK and Altaria Ex DF
This little gem could rip through ANY Ex-heavy deck and give any other deck a run for its money, only Metanite proved to be rather annoying. It could hit 150 from T3 on, using Drake's Stadium to improve a LOT of matchups or Power Tree to keep the energy coming. Those 5 cards discarded never proved to be fatal as I made sure I got setup before I started Volcanic Flaming, always having 2 Holon Farmers in my hand in order to keep it going. 6 attacks later (Or 3, when playing against Ex decks) and it was all over. Salamence Ex DF along with the Latilock gave this deck several strategic tricks to beat diverse opponents.

Alakazam Base + Tentacool Fossil

You hit them for 30 (and PP) but you just move damage off of Kazam and on to the Tentacools which just fly back to your hand.

Extremely old decks:

1. Weezing (fossil)/Magnemite/Magneton(base) + Defender + Dodrio (jungle)
Spread with multiple Selfdestructs, then clean up with a charged Dodrio.

2. Mr. Mime + Alakazam + big fat basics + Scoop Up
Swap damage off Mr. Mime to a benched basic like Chansey (120 HP). Scoop off the damage eventually.
Mr. Mime blocks all damage above 20. Slowly pwn with Mime.

3. Blastoise
Rain Dance your {W} energy, sweep with Water Gun.

4. Haymaker (Aerodactyl + Scyther, Magmar(fossil), etc)
Lock evolution with Aero, overpower your opponent's weak basics with your strong ones.

I never played anyone with a strategy, but I came up with a good way to take off damage.
Blastoise, Poke Centre, Energy Flow.
The strategy is pretty simple. Take all your water energy, Poke Centre off all the damage, then simply stick them all back on.
I still prefer Base-Neo over all sets, purely Nostalgia and awesomeness they give off.

My friend played this deck when I just learned how to play. I could NEVER beat him.

Erika's Dratini + Alakazam + Tentcaool + Aerodactyl
Your opponent can't evolve their Pokemon with Aerodactyl in play. I get out Zam before Aerodactyl, of course. Now that they can't evolve, any attack would do 10 damage to Erika's Dratini. Move the damage to Tentacool. Most people use Chansey, but you can return Tentacool to your hand. It could take more damage than Chansey could.

Back