Help Retreating Using Mystery Energy

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I need a ruling on Mystery Energy.

I have a Psychic Trevenant active...the annoying item lock one; 3 to retreat.
On it I have a Psychic Energy and a Msytery Energy. What happens when I retreat it?

- do I discard only the Mystery energy, since it cuts 2 off retreat cost and that it could also count as the ‘third’ energy to retreat it if discarded?

- Mystery energy knocks 2 off the retreat cost, but has to stay on Trevenant. So I’d have to discard only the Psychic energy?

I'm not actually a certified judge, the order of operations is something like: calculate the Retreat Cost, discard the required Energy to retreat, and then recalculate the Retreat Cost. If a Mystery Energy has reduced your retreat cost to a single [C], then you can discard the Mystery Energy to retreat, and once you've discarded the Energy (and retreated), the retreat cost reverts back to [C][C][C].

Your retreat cost while Mystery Energy is attached becomes one, so that's what you pay. You can discard either Energy to pay for it, but if you discard the Mystery Energy then obviously your retreat cost goes back up after you move to the Bench.

Back