Ruling Retreating Question

Correct, only 1 retreat per turn, but keep in mind that Switch, Warp Point, Scooping Up your active, etc don't count as retreating, and you can do them as many times as you like on your turn.

taylor45 said:
nope you cannot
I think it says that in the secret wonders rulebook somewhere

Not only the SW Rulebook state that, other set's rulebook as well...

TCC Co-Founder said:
Correct, only 1 retreat per turn, but keep in mind that Switch, Warp Point, Scooping Up your active, etc don't count as retreating, and you can do them as many times as you like on your turn.

True & also keep in mind that Stadiums like Phoebe's Stadium and Moonlight Stadium does not allow you to retreat more than once. They just reduce the retreat cost, not giving you multiple retreat like Switch & etc....

Unless a card states you can retreat more than once then you can't retreat more than once per turn. I don't know if there is any card that allows that though. There is at least 2,000 or more different types of cards so I am not sure of any that say you can. There may be a few trainers that allow but I don't know for sure.:)

^No, you can't. With Switch/Warp Point/etc. you switch the Active and a Benched Pokémon, you don't retreat.

Psychic Pokemon Master said:
DukeFireBird said:
nope, currently there are no cards that allow a 2nd or more retreat action per turn.

Only 1 per turn

But with Switch, Warp Point or Palkia LV X, you can...

That is switching Pokemon . That is not really retreating because you are swiching for another Pokemon. Retreating is where you pay energy cards to switch Pokemon because it is weak or you need another Pokemon.:)

akatsuki9 said:
why would you need to reatreat twice
unless in double battle

-Get rid of special conditions
-Level up a pokemon then retreat it
-Get rid of an effect like mothims secret wonder silver wind
-To use an effect of a pokebody or power of a pokemon that states it need to be active, then retreating and attacking with the first pokemon retreated
-Etc

Back