Project Resources Revamp Project - Now Complete! Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
And with that, Week 1 is now over! Recruitment will continue, albeit informally, throughout the entire duration of the project–if you'd like to sign up at any point, just PM @bbninjas or @Blui!

Speaking of which, we have another announcement to make: Blui is now one of our Project Managers, alongside bbninjas! Any questions you have about the project should be directed to one of them.

And now, with Week 1 at an end, Week 2 has officially begun! This week, we'll be focusing on the old resources thread, which you can find here. Many of the resources there are now outdated and no longer up to our standards, or are incomplete. So, this week, we're going to filter through the thread, collecting only the resources we need for the resources revamp and posting them/a link to them in this thread. Just so we all know, there will be time set aside next week to search for resources not already linked in the old resources thread, so let's stick with found resources this week. :)

Things that absolutely must be checked includes:
  • The font pack - needs checking if all fonts needed are included... I think it is missing one or two
  • The blanks - eras covered, mechanics covered and the blank's pixel size will need to be noted eventually
  • The symbols - eras covered, who's blanks do they fit without readjustments will need to be noted eventually
  • Basically everything else in the original thread :p
Although not a priority this week, it'd be great if people could look back through threads (both member threads and master threads) for the odd tutorial members have dropped. I recall asche dropping a glow ball tutorial in Reggie McGigus' thread, for an example, which would be a great resource to retrieve.

We'll need everyone (even if you don't have image-faking knowledge!) to chip in so we can complete the majority of thread filtering by the deadline of the 11th of January, EST. Feel free to use both this thread and the Skype group to discuss when needed. Happy hunting!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 1.19.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 1.19.04 AM.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I have some of Aschefield's Blanks saved onto my Pen Drive, if you need the BW Blanks covered.

I've just thought on: If we include ALL the types introduced up to Generation VI in all of the blanks, it would be interesting to see what the fan would have had as Weakness and Resistance for the Dragon and Fairy types back in Generation I, II, III, and IV respectively.

Aschefield, I think this would be the perfect opportunity to revive the PokémonTCGResource Wiki for all of the resources. I can help with the pictures for the blanks in the gallery if you want me to. I'll try and salvage as many blanks as I can first.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
CMP's Neo Redux features Dragon and Fairy blanks for the Neo era, as well as blanks for all of the other types that don't appear in the TCG (Poison, Ice, etc.), which I personally find to be a lot of fun. :D Dragon/Fairy blanks for other eras would need to be specifically made, though; I'm not sure if they exist for any other eras (yet). If someone were to make Dragon/Fairy blanks for HGSS, I would probably never use any other blanks ever again.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I have some of Aschefield's Blanks saved onto my Pen Drive, if you need the BW Blanks covered.
I think the DeviantArt group for the Resources has all of the appropriate BW blanks posted directly by asche which we can retrieve next we sometime, so don't worry about uploading the blanks you've saved.

Aschefield, I think this would be the perfect opportunity to revive the PokémonTCGResource Wiki for all of the resources. I can help with the pictures for the blanks in the gallery if you want me to. I'll try and salvage as many blanks as I can first.
If you feel like reviving the wiki offsite, go ahead, but between the collection of the PokemonCardResources DA group and the extensive project here, it would be easier to spend the time on this project rather than undertake a new one. :p

Blui

lv85 paladin
I'm pretty sure I have all of the fonts needed for faking in any era. I'll go compile them and upload a .zip to MediaFire as soon as possible.

Just to note, this isn't our main priority right now and may not be for a while. While these are great and extremely useful (trust me! I've used these several times) we won't really have a great place to put them in our updated thread. So just to anyone looking deeply for tutorials like these, don't stress about it too much.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ah, yeah, I told TGK that looking through tutorials would be least confusing for him considering he doesn't image fake, but certainly not the priority at the moment so no stress! :3

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ended up combing through the Resources OP just then... there is a lotta stuff missing (and too find). If people would like to start finding resources on things like DeviantArt and linking to them, go ahead!

Classic Era - Base Set [Link broken]; Team Rocket [Link Broken]; Pokemon Aaaaah! [Bad quality]
Neo Era - Neo Genesis [Link broken]; Neo Destiny [link broken]; CMP's blanks [Discard; can find all blanks from his DA instead]
E-card Era - Basic, Stage 1/2 [it works!; by asche]
EX Series - Hidden Legends stuff-on [link broken], Trainer Blank, Rocket Trainer Blank (both 471 x 659; CMP)
Diamond & Pearl - DP Blanks [needs scavenging from Asche's page], DP Blanks by Fanking [Link broken]
LEGEND - Blanks by cscdgnpry [Multiple Packs], Trainer blank, Supporter Blank by FlamingClaw [all 420 x 590], HGSS GIMP Font Guide for cascdgnpry blanks
BW Era - Latios101 Blanks [Link broken]; asche's blanks, ShiningBill's blanks (w/o Dragon), FlameClaw's font guide [Link broken]
XY Era - None on the Resources Page
Custom Blanks - Nekoban's Blanks; asche's LunarEclipse [360x506]; Tempest [Multiple Packs]

ex, HGSS, DP symbolsheet [Doesn't look like it has consistent quality to other blanks], holosheets galore [needs matching with era/what each is used for]

Swirl Abstract: http://flamingclaw.deviantart.com/art/Swirl-Abstract-Tutorial-145151490
Colour Wave: http://flamingclaw.deviantart.com/art/PS-Colour-Wave-Tutorial-147485622

@aschefield101 Can you check the resources of yours linked and see if they are all your most recent versions?

Anyways, everything without a blank size listed should be check for a size.

aschefield101

is behind you !
  • E-Card URL is old, here's current one.
  • DPPt ask Nod for his, they're better quality and also Pokebeach stamped (I think).
  • HGSS blui's pack and my LEGEND pack.
  • My BW ones in there are old I think, I removed all from my wikia site as well so they'd need to be repackaged and uploaded sometime.
  • XY are here for 2014.
  • ORAS I haven't released any updated ones (basically they sit in a master .PSD, no .PNG's have been created). However BREAK ones are here.
Tbh, easier to just say go to deviantart haha :)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Could you share the master .PSD for ORAS stuff, @aschefield101 ? I'd imagine someone could do all the PNG exporting, unless you're never finished them, of course.

Also, am I correct to assume that you are planning on finding the updated versions of the BW blanks and uploading them yourself?

@Everyone, just so everyone knows, I think the idea of putting PB copyright on blanks was tossed around a while ago. We've decided that said PB watermarks will not be happening, we are planning to simply link to the appropriate area where the user can retrieve the resource.

aschefield101

is behind you !
I never finished the ORAS ones. Basic/S1/S2/EX/MEGA etc, anything with textures still needs doing and I just don't have the time to do those.

Master PSD's always remain with me, with the odd and very rare exceptions over the years, just a policy I have. :)

As for BW again it's time, I just dunno if I have the time to repackage them all after hunting em down in my Pokemon folder really. It's not a no, but can't guarantee it either (as theres so many).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
If it's helpful at all for BW stuff, I have a .psd of ShiningBill's BW blanks that includes a Dragon-type texture, and also a matching .psd font guide.

aschefield101

is behind you !
As much as I love billybob, his were 'ok' but edging on custom. They weren't exact :)

Before I went work (just got back) I have found my BW folder with them all in. I might just make 1 image and bundle them all together, that sorta thing is doable for me. (Plasma etc are there too).

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Stuff I've begun to gather from DA:

Classic Blanks - Basic | Stage 1 | Stage 2 | Trainers | Team Rocket Trainers | Holo Foil + More Foil | PSD Guide | GIMP Guide

This gets me confused and undoubtedly will get others confused... which holofoil of the five options are the ones to use? They all look similar but each are slightly different. D:

Also, how accurate are these guides? I'm thinking that it may be best for someone/some people to make a guide by the end of the project for each era much like this one. I find them most useful not only as they are not specific to a certain program, but also give a quick and visual representation of text locations and correct styles. A list of font styles viewable quickly and easily is honestly the most important thing to me, if I need a quick reference, don't have the program with me or the file is incompatible with my program.

Blui

lv85 paladin
The first holosheet is the proper one. Any others are either custom or were only used on promo cards.

Asche's guide is pixel perfect but honestly I find it hard to use and only reference it if I need to return something to its correct place. It'd be better if we produce a .psd or gimp file that people can download and use straight up.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I don't actually use Asche's guide for his pixel-to-pixel guide, funnily enough, just the font/general guide. I prefer to make scans transparent and place that way.

That brings me to a new thought - maybe someone should make a brief guide/paragraph on placements in genera and, in particular, how to find the right placement yourself. Perhaps something to guide those to use semi-transparent, accurate scans and utilise the nudging/ruler/zoom squares features to maximise accuracy. It does allow for some independence, which I think is important in faking - I don't think people should rely on other people to do the majority of the work for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.