Reshiboar Strikes Back?

Will Reshiboar be playable after Next Destinies?

• Total voters

RogueChomp

Team DBT
Hey guys! This time, I'm here to discuss one of my favorite decks that I had to ditch because of the format- Reshiboar. With the new cards after next destinies such as Reshiram EX, Ultra Ball, Cilan, and Heavy Ball, will Reshiboar make a comeback and become a usable deck? If you aren't familiar with the deck, the main strategy is to get Emboar and Reshiram out and energy accelerate energies onto Reshirams and use blue fare to defeat your opponent. Its problems are Emboar's high retreat and its inconsistency. With Magnezone and RDL (Rayquaza Deoxys Legend), will Reshiboar be able to confront the onslaught of EX's like Mewtwo EX, Zekrom EX, and Regigigas EX? Comment about your thoughts and answer the poll. Thanks and see ya later.

27th_wonder

pegasus boots: hyrule's finest and fastest
what can Reshiboar do that TyRam can't? It has more synergy with the ultra balls than Reshiboar. Reshiboar has too much going on, trying to set up magnezone, emboar's dance and rerishram.

RDL is the only thing going for it, and even then it's weak to revenge killing by an opponent's pokemon EX

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Reshiboar is going to be much better post ND. This is because of how well it can work with Reshiram EX. It can also use Magnezone much better, as well as RDL, and you don't need multiple Emboars.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
I doubt it'll be back to any large extent. Reshiram's day has pretty much passed, it's just not powerful enough for its slowness given the format right now. It doesn't have a huge advantage over EXs or anything; I don't see a whole lot happening. ND will help a lot of decks, not just Reshiboar.
The only way it would work is with a much larger focus on Reshiram EX than Reshiram BW, but I don't know if that will even be worth the 2 prizes.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
I think Magneboar with Reshiram and Reshiram EX will be good. It's what I've been testing lately and it's pretty good. It does have problems with Leaf Hurricane and it's speed, but it's a good deck.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
It will be better. I was playing against Futa and he was able to set up a Mewtwo quickly with a Reshiram EX benched.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
In my opinion, the only reason to run Reshiboar is to run RDL. The deck in general will get better after ND, but I don't see it becoming a top tier deck.

Jirachi

Smile!
I agree. Reshiboar will be a pretty good deck with magneboar and/or RDL to help with the pokemon with higher HP and to help with taking prize cards.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm not sure about Reshiboar. It will probably be better than before, but I'm not sure if it will be amazing. The great thing about Reshiram is that it's a very consistent attacker. Once you're setup, it's safe to assume you'll be using Blue Flare every turn. This is great against the EX cards, since it allows you to take two prizes every time they take two, assuming they OHKO you every turn. This generally puts more pressure on them than on you, since most EX's can't deal 130 damage every turn while being pressured. However, Typhlosion is generally better for this since once you're setup, you get a more guaranteed Blue Flare than with Emboar.

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
Okay, hold up. I believe that reshiboar with Reshiram EX, Magnezone, and fliptini will be very good, but sadly, probably not amazing. Althaough, Reshiram EX does have better synergy with Emboar than Typhlosion, you're already probably adding enough damage with it's second attack, yu don't need Afterburner damage to add on to that. And plus, you only need one Emboar.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Gistica said:
Okay, hold up. I believe that reshiboar with Reshiram EX, Magnezone, and fliptini will be very good, but sadly, probably not amazing. Althaough, Reshiram EX does have better synergy with Emboar than Typhlosion, you're already probably adding enough damage with it's second attack, yu don't need Afterburner damage to add on to that. And plus, you only need one Emboar.

I think that it will be one of the better decks, but will not clear;y be BDIF

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
Celebi23 said:
I'm not sure about Reshiboar. It will probably be better than before, but I'm not sure if it will be amazing. The great thing about Reshiram is that it's a very consistent attacker. Once you're setup, it's safe to assume you'll be using Blue Flare every turn. This is great against the EX cards, since it allows you to take two prizes every time they take two, assuming they OHKO you every turn. This generally puts more pressure on them than on you, since most EX's can't deal 130 damage every turn while being pressured. However, Typhlosion is generally better for this since once you're setup, you get a more guaranteed Blue Flare than with Emboar.

Against Mewtwo the extra damage is very annoying. Also, RDL can be used in Reshiboar much more easily then it could in TyRam.
Thedrone1man said:
Has it been officially confirmed that Cilan, Ultra ball and Heavy ball are in ND?

iirc, no.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Celebi23 said:

It will be pretty good against Mewtwo because it need 6 energies to OHKO reshiram after a blue flare. RDL only seals the deal

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Thedrone1man said:
Has it been officially confirmed that Cilan, Ultra ball and Heavy ball are in ND?
Heavy Ball is about as close to confirmed as you can get, based on the set numbers we know so far and the cards expected to be in the set, but it's not officially confirmed. Ultra Ball appears as though it will be held back, unfortunately, but you never know. Not sure about Cilan.

Seth1789110

Celebi23 said:
Heavy Ball is about as close to confirmed as you can get, based on the set numbers we know so far and the cards expected to be in the set, but it's not officially confirmed. Ultra Ball appears as though it will be held back, unfortunately, but you never know. Not sure about Cilan.
Exactly. So even though it's as "close to you can get as confirmed", it isn't yet. Lost World was in this same situation until it was revealed.not to be in Truimphant.

I don't think it'll be that good, personally.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
RDL destroys EX's. If you KO them, you get 3 prizes. Two RDL KOs against EXs and you already have 6 prizes. With fisherman and Cilan, it is easy to make that happen, especially against mewtwo EX

27th_wonder said:
what can Reshiboar do that TyRam can't? It has more synergy with the ultra balls than Reshiboar. Reshiboar has too much going on, trying to set up magnezone, emboar's dance and rerishram.

RDL is the only thing going for it, and even then it's weak to revenge killing by an opponent's pokemon EX

Uuum i disagree. In Reshiboar you don't have to set up multiple pokemon, and you don't need to play Magnezone, it is optional. In Tyram, if you have only one Typhlosion you can't be very consistent with your blue flares. You need two Typhlosions, and you put damage on your own pokemon. In reshiboar, one emboar is all you need, and then you can get out more emboars for backup.