Reshiboar Strikes Back?

Will Reshiboar be playable after Next Destinies?

• Total voters

The Fire Wyrm

Aspiring Trainer
Jirachi said:
In Reshiboar, RDL could be added, or even a Magnezone to help with attacking.

But there is a problem with the RDL and Magnezone... RDL (2 Energy)+Mew2 EX(3 Energy) = Lose. Also RDL+(Zoroark BW + DCE) = Lose. Or in my case, RDL+(Audino EP + Fliptini) = Oh Lordy. An Audino EP + Fliptini is a slightly better option, because RDL is destined to be knocked out by Mew2 EX. While Magnezone takes too long to set up, or if you are running a 1-0-1 line with only 2 {L} and you are facing a deck w/ Vileplume, you can forget about it. and it can take up a lot of space in a deck if fully stocked (Ex: 4-2-3 w/ 4{L}). Audino can do an average of 80-120 damage, Can heal an almost knocked out Resh-EX, can be eviolited, doesnt take up a lot of space, and doesn't take too long to set up. The only problem is that it is VERY catcher prone because of the 90 HP. Both of the other options are fine, but this one is good for decks with tight space, and is not weak to the more dangerous EX'es. Again, dont have to use if you don't want to, just giving my two cents.

RobertBenjamin

Aspiring Trainer
it will be Reshi[EX]Boar with Mewtwo[EX] Tech. no more BW Reshirams in the list. You can run for example lines of 3 Reshiram[EX] and 3 Mewtwo[EX] (obviously it will use x-ball). The goal is to get a fast Abiliboar and load up all the EXes you have in your bench. Hell, you can also load up your Abiliboar too.

there will be no need to use fisherman or Energy Retrievals since your EXes do not discard energy so that means 4 more extra cards to your Reshi[EX]boar list.

Reshi[EX]boar is going to be scary once set-up

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
No, Reshiboar DEFINITELY still needs at least 2 normal Reshiram. This way, your opponent doesn't win by KOing 3 Pokemon. Also, early game you won't always need 150 damage, especially with Catcher. The way I would play the deck is with 3 Reshiram BW, 2 Reshiram EX and 1-2 Mewtwo EX. I would also play 1-1 RDL since it can finish the game, taking 3 Prizes against any Mewtwo.

RobertBenjamin

Aspiring Trainer
Cinema said:
No, Reshiboar DEFINITELY still needs at least 2 normal Reshiram. This way, your opponent doesn't win by KOing 3 Pokemon. Also, early game you won't always need 150 damage, especially with Catcher. The way I would play the deck is with 3 Reshiram BW, 2 Reshiram EX and 1-2 Mewtwo EX. I would also play 1-1 RDL since it can finish the game, taking 3 Prizes against any Mewtwo.

This is the era of big HP basics with eviolite so dont give that crap that early game you dont need 150 damage. Heck a Tornadus with eviolite wont be one-shotted by Reshiram BW unless you have 120 damage on it or if you have a plus power.

Reshiram BW will take away consistency from the deck because now you'll need to insert energy retrieval or fisherman. It also makes reshiboar susceptible to N at mid and late game. Besides with eviolite in the game reshiram BW will have a hard time OHKOing any high HP basics. N and eviolite were the reasons Reshiboar did poorly in the Noble Victories era. instead of energy retrievals, fisherman and reshiram BW i would place Seeker or Super Scoop Up in order to place back any EXes with damage counters back to your hand so you can avoid giving away 2 prizes. With abiliboar you can easily reload them once placed back on the bench.

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
I personally think the deck will be better with the new Ex's, but just not a tier 1 deck. Perhaps tier 2.5 - 2. With the high damage output of the deck i cant see why it can't be a viable deck, plus you can just finish the game off with an RDL attack. I think one of the main counters to mewtwo, if you are running a deck like reshiboar/reshiphlosion is a tech of RDL. i will be testing out a list of reshibaor with mewtwo and RDL just to see how it works.

alex

Miss the game
DarknessGrace said:
I personally think the deck will be better with the new Ex's, but just not a tier 1 deck. Perhaps tier 2.5 - 2. With the high damage output of the deck i cant see why it can't be a viable deck, plus you can just finish the game off with an RDL attack. I think one of the main counters to mewtwo, if you are running a deck like reshiboar/reshiphlosion is a tech of RDL. i will be testing out a list of reshibaor with mewtwo and RDL just to see how it works.

It's impossible to fit in RDL. You are already running only like 8 or so Fire, so you can't switch any of that for Electric. You would need to add energy recovery. You would need to add Twins or 3-4 Pokemon Communication in order to be able to root it out of your deck, and on top of all that you need to add RDL itself. Way to much space IMO.

RobertBenjamin

Aspiring Trainer
the strat for the new Reshi[EX]boar deck with a Mewtwo[EX] tech is to to get ability emboar ASAP and load up all EXes in your bench depending on the match-ups. You can opt to use seeker/SSU on any EXes with damage counters to avoid giving away 2 prizes and reload it again with ability emboar or you can opt to tech 3-4 pokemon catchers and kill anything that has energy or provides energy ASAP. you live and die by the EXes that's how simple this deck is.

add other stuff and you run the risk of getting an inconsistent deck.

Will it be tier 1, 1.5 or 2? We will know once people start playing it in tournaments.

DarknessGrace

Vilegar Forever!!!
alexmf2 said:
It's impossible to fit in RDL. You are already running only like 8 or so Fire, so you can't switch any of that for Electric. You would need to add energy recovery. You would need to add Twins or 3-4 Pokemon Communication in order to be able to root it out of your deck, and on top of all that you need to add RDL itself. Way to much space IMO.

I don't think it's impossible, just difficult. With a good list and proper testing i believe that it is possible. But right now we can't really say, i guess we'll have to see.

alex

Miss the game
DarknessGrace said:
I don't think it's impossible, just difficult. With a good list and proper testing i believe that it is possible. But right now we can't really say, i guess we'll have to see.

It's certainly possible, but you would have to take out way to many consistency or needed cards to do it. If you have one, I would love to see a list that could fit it in.