Request: Read only if you can draw Sugi-style

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
This is something I have issues with. I cannot hardly draw Pokemon-style characters to save my life. I'm really into Pokemon card faking and, with the release of Pokemon SP, I have the urge to stick a pic of my anime-self on them. I've tried to draw this character several times, but only 3 of them are so-so.

So this is what I'm asking for: I need someone to draw and color a character (images supplied below) in a Pokemon/Sugimori style (as you would see on real Pokemon SP cards, also seen below). You do not have to draw the whole body, just enough to fill the icon. Whoever does this and does a great job (an image that looks like official Sugimori work or very close to it) will be awarded one of the following:

[*] a shiny Raticate (non-hacked, non-cloned, via Wi-Fi) which I was surprized to encounter while EV training.
[*] an illustration of any Pokemon or fakemon of your choice to be drawn by me.

Here's the trainer that I want you to draw: [Sample] [Sample] [Sample]

Here is what an official Pokemon SP card looks like: [Sample]

Other Sugimori trainers (for reference): [Sample] [Sample] [Sample]

I hope someone can help me out.

Oh, cool. Since it's just a head-neck shot, I'll be able to do something. :3 I've done Sugimori-style trainers and characters before, so hopefully it'll turn out okay. I'll try and get it done tonight and upload it quickly tomorrow (since I'll have to sneak on the computer to get on tomorrow).

Xous said:
Oh, cool. Since it's just a head-neck shot, I'll be able to do something. :3 I've done Sugimori-style trainers and characters before, so hopefully it'll turn out okay. I'll try and get it done tonight and upload it quickly tomorrow (since I'll have to sneak on the computer to get on tomorrow).
lol let xous do it
hes better than me and im lazy atm sorry

Xous said:
Wowie. I've seen your work and I'm quite fond of it. I was very tempted to send you this request in the first place. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :3

safariblade said:
lol let xous do it
hes better than me and im lazy atm sorry
Alright, but if you still want to give it a go later, I'll do something in return. :)

Well, here's the final result. Of course you can remove the watermark and resize it or whatever, should you decide to use it.

NekobanRyoTrainerXousFinal.png

OMG! It's great! I love it! I love you!!! XD

I'll credit you each and every time I use this. :)

What do you want in return? The shiny Raticate, a Pokemon pic, or a fakemon pic?

xD I don't need anything in return, but it's nice that you offered those to whoever did it. :3

Back