XY Remastered Cries?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
I apologize if this topic has already been covered (knowing the analytic abilities of all you guys, I would not doubt it), but I thought it'd be interesting to bring up nevertheless.

I was listening to an audio rip of the trainer battle theme from X and Y during the E3 Roundtable. Near the end, I heard a cry that sounded like Aerodactyl's. After a comparison, it was indeed Aerodactyl's cry, but it sounded different. It was remastered.

The cry in particular is included in this video around 2:29. Haunter's cry is apparently heard right before Aerodactyl's, but I can't hear it, so whatevs.

But in the E3 trailer, Tyranitar's cry and Snorlax's cry are both identical to what we know their cries as, so that's a bit odd.

Any thoughts on the possibility for new or remastered cries for older Pokemon?

RE: Remastered Cries

They've remastered cries in the past I believe, so nothing really new. I like the old cries but admittedly some sound very odd by comparison.

I hope they do. Every new gen, the old ones sounds ancient in comparison to the new ones.

Sky Pillar said:
They've remastered cries in the past I believe, so nothing really new.
I think only Haunter's cry was changed in the past.

Haunter's and Magnemite's/ton's were remastered in the main series games but that's all I know of.
In Stadium and Stadium 2 every Pokemon had a completely redone cry that still kind of fit the pitch/pattern of their originals, but were more unique so you didn't have Charizard sounding exactly like Rhyhorn. I loved those and was quite disappointed when Colo and every 3D game after it went back to the 8-bit cries.

Personally I think it's kind of sad that in the era of portable 3D gaming, we still have Pokemon cries that sound like electronic screeches. Don't get me wrong, I love the old cries for what they are, but they stick out like a sore thumb among the newer Pokemons' higher-quality cries. I'm hoping that they're at least remastering (redoing would be better but I don't see it happening) all of them and that the Snorlax we saw was just... old footage or something. Yeah.

EDIT: Listened to that Aerodactyl cry a few times and it does sound different. More... Full, I guess? Still a far cry from this, but it's promising, if it's not just due to the way the sound was altered to get the audio rip.

There might be an option to use remastered or old cries.

I wished they did... It bugs me that Charizard's cry is the same as Rhyhorn's, for example...

Did you know that there are only 37 cries in gen 1 and 30 new cries in gen 2, but they are played at different speeds/pitches/added echo/disabled sound channels for different Pokémon? :D

Wow! I hope they remaster all the old cries! I'd actually like to hear them remake the same exact cries with the new cry making stuff.

Check the video on the right side!
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/movie/

Several cries are heard.

I believe they will remastered cry's so each Pokemon has its own sound. So when you here the sound it won't be like yes it sounds like a chansey then look down its a caterpie( exaggeration I know).

Mitja said:

Several cries are heard.

Whoa whoa WHOA, forget about the cries; is that the official new music for wild battles? It's... Very... Something. Reminds me of XD's music, except good.
Maybe it's just my ears wanting to hear remastered cries, but doesn't Snorlax's cry sound a little better than it usually does as well? Like it almost resembles an actual voice? Hmm...

Frezgle said:
Mitja said:

Several cries are heard.

Whoa whoa WHOA, forget about the cries; is that the official new music for wild battles? It's... Very... Something. Reminds me of XD's music, except good.
Maybe it's just my ears wanting to hear remastered cries, but doesn't Snorlax's cry sound a little better than it usually does as well? Like it almost resembles an actual voice? Hmm...

It does kinda seem like XD's music, that is awesome. Its sounds like they tweaked the cries a little bit.

Ghost King said:
Frezgle said:

It does kinda seem like XD's music, that is awesome. Its sounds like they tweaked the cries a little bit.

Listened to it a few times, and yeah it reminds me of Colo/XD. Heck yeah~~ hopefully less annoying than how BW/B2W2 got. I just ending up playing it without sound. e_e

Litleo's cry was neat, same as starters. Those hoard cries sounded different though, maybe because theyre multiple pokemon at once? instead of playing one pokemon's cry after another [double/triple battles], just play them all at once

I hope they don't completely remake them, just make them a little nicer.
I wonder if they'll ever start making the pokemon say thier names as they come into battle, inside of a feral roar.

koohiimonsutaa said:
I wonder if they'll ever start making the pokemon say thier names as they come into battle, inside of a feral roar.

No. Just... No.
This is a terrible idea, as that would mean they would need at least 4 to 10 different cries per language for Battle and Amie. That's too much.

I hope they are remastering the cries. Some Pokemon sounds way identical to each other and as mentioned above: the generation 1+2 i cries in particular sounds ancient compared to the cries of newer Pokemon.

Jungletoad said:
I hope they are remastering the cries. Some Pokemon sounds way identical to each other and as mentioned above: the generation 1+2 i cries in particular sounds ancient compared to the cries of newer Pokemon.

They already are, unless you didn't hear the differences in Aerodactyl's old and new cries.

Back