Event Regionals Lasting 3 Days?

Discussion in 'PTCG Competitive Play' started by Cati, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Cati Aspiring Trainer
    Cati

Hey, can anyone tell me why some of the regionals (such as Tennessee) are for 3 days? Is that a bug? Cause if not, then I can't attend those because of school. Thanks!

UWU

2. Merovingian Expanded Extraordinaire
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

Regionals usually last 3 days: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Fridays opens for vendors and side event stuff

Saturday is main event Day 1 with side events

Sunday is Day 2 for whatever age division has enough players to warrant day 2 (usually Masters) with side events and whatnot.

snoopy369 likes this.
  3. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

Wait, really?

I was always under the impression that Friday was main day 1 and was mandatory if you wanted to play Saturday (and Sunday if you get that far)... I'll have to look into this, because I've skipped the last couple of regionals in my area due to school as well.

4. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

I've never been to a regional that was anything other than Merovingian described - Friday side/vendor/registration, Saturday main day 1, Sunday morning day 2, Sunday afternoon top cut in masters.

5. TuxedoBlack Old School Player
    TuxedoBlack

I also concur @Merovingian and @snoopy369 . Friday is just a "fun" day that the PTOs setup for players who can do some last minute play-testing, etc. Btw, if ever in doubt about a tournament, consider contacting the tournament organizer.

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  6. Lucky Dan Aspiring Trainer
    Lucky Dan

Advanced Member Member

You have to dig a little bit and read their various event entries, it lays out the schedule as such (For championship points):

Friday: 2 League Challenges staggered starts/Side stuff
    Saturday: Regionals
    Sunday: Top cut/League Cup everyone else

7. Flash~ZT0 Aspiring Trainer
    Flash~ZT0

Some will include extra stuff for signing up on friday like a special die or counters or something, but it's just a fun day before the big tournament.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

AlphaVoxel, Brave Vesperia