Ruling Regional Sleeves

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
What are the rules on sleeves for regionals? I'm mostly interested in if I can use pure silver dragon shield sleeves. Thank you too all help in advance :)

Last edited:
Sleeves must be either completely opaque or be official Pokemon sleeves from any country. As long as the Dragon Shield sleeves are purely silver without any designs or patterns, they should be fine. Obviously, all of your sleeves need to be identical. It's also a good idea to bring an extra pack of sleeves in case some of your sleeves are damaged during the event (it can and does happen no matter how careful you are).

Yah my friend's sleeve got ripped by the opponent and he started saying that if you don't have a replacement sleeve you get a dq and luckily my friend had one but it was really a jerk move on the opponents side. That's why I always bring extra sleeves even to a regular Saturday league.

Your friend's opponent is very wrong, and was most likely trying to intimidate him. You cannot get disqualified for having a damaged sleeve and not being able to replace it. Almost all venues, especially something as big as Regionals will have sleeves for sale. You can also legally play without sleeves, though this isn't recommended as the cards can get damaged extremely easily. However, it should be known that it is allowable on extreme cases. You should also get a judge right away if your opponent is doing rules lawyering like that, or trying to intimidate you in any other way.

Yah my friend's sleeve got ripped by the opponent and he started saying that if you don't have a replacement sleeve you get a dq and luckily my friend had one but it was really a jerk move on the opponents side. That's why I always bring extra sleeves even to a regular Saturday league.

Does Pokemon TCG have rules for 'unsportsmanlike conduct' ? Because that would fit the bill.

Does Pokemon TCG have rules for 'unsportsmanlike conduct' ? Because that would fit the bill.
It's tough to tell from the sentence we have whether it was intentional or just the result of rough shuffling. There would definitely be a problem with an opponent deliberately ripping someone's sleeve, and if something like that were to happen you should call for a judge immediately.

Back