Regigigas EX (NXD # 99) {12/24/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Regigigas EX​
99-regigigas-ex.jpg

Playability: I think Regigigas's Playability is at an all-time high (Granted, it was never really high to begin with) thanks to the prevalence of Aspertia City Gym and the reintroduction of an influential Energy "Flooder" in the form of Blastoise. There are some niche functions that Regigigas can perform in a Blastoise/Keldeo deck like swinging for 80 without putting a Keldeo in harm's way, providing a person to benefit from DCE after the early game (where it's just useless on Keldeo), and potential high rolls should the opponent go for the 2KO route. Not necessarily what is needed for this meta, however, and can only give a 4/10. Niche, but not needed in this format.

Art: Bland. Colors are nice, FA's are nice, but this is not the best. 3/10.

Playablity: I don't play the TCG that much (Only TCGO) but I'd say it's pretty good. INTENSE INFO FOR REVIEW! I RANDOMLY GENERATE NUMBERS FOR RATINGS!

Giga power: Very good move, it is useful for the next move. Very useful, it is obvious as when it does 20 damage to self, it increases the next moves power and the move itself. With aspertia, it is a deadly combo. 4/5

Raging hammer: For 4 colerless energy, it is a pretty decent move. With DCE it is a great card, but without it it'll takes as long as it's ability in-game to be useful. While it does +20 damage for each time Giga power is used, it is pretty bad. 3/5

Colors/photo: Horrible and I mean horrible for a pokemon's photo. The texture looks bad, and regigas is so boring. 1/5

Well, see you guys on the next CoTD!

Pros
-Attacks are colorless.
-Huge damage potential with raging hammer (heh raging hammer).
-Can be a good tank with 180HP and colorless typing.

Cons
-Nasty retreat cost.
-Bad weakness.
-Requires being beat up before it can deliver massive damage.
-Attacks are expensive.

I think it works best as a tank. Asperita City Gym + eviolite gives you something that requires landorus discarding 3 energy to take out in one hit. Everything else will take at least 2 hits to take you out, leaving them wide open for massive damage with raging hammer. In the meantime, you can hit them for a consistent 80 with giga power (and with eviolite, you won't have to take damage).

Not as reliable as some of the other EXs, but I think it can be even more deadly under the right circumstances. 7.5/10

Back