• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Regigigas EX/Darkrai EX/Hydreigon DR

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
(Click on the Pokémon's name to pull up a picture of the card)

Pokémon: 14
2x Regigigas EX
2x Darkrai EX
3x Deino
1x Zweilous
3x Hydreigon
1x Sigilyph
2x Sabeleye

Trainers: 32
3x Rare Candy
2x Aspertia City Gym (click for info)
3x Eviolite
3x Heavy Ball
2x Ultra Ball
4x N
4x Cheren
3x Max Potion
2x Sklya (click for info)
3x Pokémon Catcher
3x Dark Patch

Energy: 14
4x Blend {G}{R}{P}{D}
2x {C}{C}
8x {D}

So this is a different take on the Darkrai EX/Hydreigon DR deck that won Nats in Japan. I added Regigigas and Aspertia City Gyms to have a 200 HP Regigigas front-and-center to take damage (though he'll probably have an eviolite), and subsequently blow stuff up with Raging Hammer. After moving energy away with Hydreigon's Dark Trance, using Max Potion, and moving the energy back, he can still hit stuff for 80 to deal himself 20 and get Raging Hammer going again. He's also a great 1st-turn drop as he's able to stall a bit to ensure things get set up, and then of course use the damage he's taken as fuel for Raging Hammer.

Thoughts?

I just really like the Aspertia City Gym for some reason, and looked into Pokémon that would be able to benefit from it. Regigigas EX was an obvious first as he can two-shot most things in the game (or one-shot them if he has enough damage on himself for Raging Hammer), and since he'd need to be two-shotted as well, Raging Hammer becomes that much more effective.

Can I say Raging Hammer enough? :p

This may be a matter of preference but I would try to fit in either Juniper or Bianca cause late game N really through you off when the only supporters yo have left are N and Cheren. Also Terrakion ex/Garbodor are a huge threat with Garbodor taking away Dark trance which means Max potion pretty much becomes dead, while a massive fighting weakness with no real answer will be problematic especially since regular Terrakion OHK's Siglayph.

-1 Cheren
-1 N
+2 Juniper or Bianca

-1 Siglayph
+1 Shaymin Ex

not really sure what you could take out for +2 tool scrapper.

Back